Jeff Loomis Quits Nevermore
GrindGuer
Jun 6 2011, 09:51 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
I'm so devastated ! I've seen this band live last year (with Attila Voros on guitar). It was so great. It took me some time to appreciate Warel Dane vocals, but I'm found of Nevermore. It's really a sad news : Loomis and Williams quit. Nevermore will never be the same (if they ever continue).
Anyone knows why they left ? Attila maybe rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 6 2011, 10:39 PM
Instructor
Those are really bad news! Jeff Loomis was so important in this band! I hope that Attila could tell us what is the reason of this sad decision.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 6 2011, 10:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
It is sad, but with internal struggles it would be worse if they kept going. I'm looking forward to see the direction Nevermore will take, and to Loomis' next instrumental album smile.gif

Also:

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jun 6 2011, 10:55 PM
Instructor
I can't get over Portnoy leaving Dream Theater so I l feel you sad.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Attila Voros
Jun 7 2011, 10:11 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I share my feelings with you as a fan as well as a friend of all the guys (not even talking about being the part of the family). It's been being tough times for sure, but we gotta respect their decisions, since it's their (4 guys') baby at the end. I don't really want to go into the details but You can feel free to ask me if You'd like to, and see if I can help You.
Thanks for Your understanding!
Wish You guys all the best!

Attila

--------------------
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/hellbounder86

Myspace: www.myspace.com/vorosattila

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 7 2011, 12:30 PM
QUOTE (Attila Voros @ Jun 7 2011, 10:11 AM) *
Hey guys,

I share my feelings with you as a fan as well as a friend of all the guys (not even talking about being the part of the family). It's been being tough times for sure, but we gotta respect their decisions, since it's their (4 guys') baby at the end. I don't really want to go into the details but You can feel free to ask me if You'd like to, and see if I can help You.
Thanks for Your understanding!
Wish You guys all the best!

Attila

Man, I don't really want to ask what the issues were, as that's all personal, but I just hope that things work out for you and the rest of the band.

Any chance you've got some more lessons coming up? smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 7 2011, 09:58 PM
Instructor
Sorry to hear that. I was just watching him recently doing a workshop here in Belgrade, and it looked great, he played some Nevermoore, asked how many people are fans and all. I hope it will turn out the best for everyone.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Attila Voros
Jun 8 2011, 11:12 AM
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jun 7 2011, 11:30 AM) *
Man, I don't really want to ask what the issues were, as that's all personal, but I just hope that things work out for you and the rest of the band.

Any chance you've got some more lessons coming up? smile.gif

Thanks for Your understanding my friend!
I'm still good friends with both "side", and it seems that they count on me in the future further more... we'll see buddy!
I'm pretty sure I'll do more lessons here at GMC, maybe you guys could give me some advice about what you might wanna hear/learn!;)
Cheerio,
Attila

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 7 2011, 08:58 PM) *
Sorry to hear that. I was just watching him recently doing a workshop here in Belgrade, and it looked great, he played some Nevermoore, asked how many people are fans and all. I hope it will turn out the best for everyone.

Thanks bro! I assure You that it'll turn out great for everyone! None of us will stop playing/writing heavy music EVER for sure!:)
Cheerio,
Attila

--------------------

+Quote Post
Attila Voros
Jun 11 2011, 07:37 PM
Hey guys,
Here's some funny stuff that I though you might like:)
Cheerio,
Attila

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 11 2011, 07:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Attila Voros @ Jun 11 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Hey guys,
Cheerio,
Attila

Hehe biggrin.gif I watched it yesterday. Awesome vid Attila! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2011, 08:35 PM
Very sad news to hear Jeff is "Nevermore" in the band. First Portnoy, now this. Life goes on though. New blood comes in.

ATTILA: This amp/cab looks killer. Are they brand new? I can't find them in any of the music stores I go to?

I see you gave a demo at MUSIKMESE (Nice!) are these available in the states?

Todd

QUOTE (Attila Voros @ Jun 11 2011, 01:37 PM) *
Hey guys,
Cheerio,
Attila

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 11 2011, 09:28 PM
Damn Attila, you are c-r-a-z-y, hahahaha. Looks like too much fun.

More stuff in the vein of what you've already done would be great! Or just anything metal wink.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2011, 12:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Cool video Attila!
When it comes to new lessons, I'd really like a few rhythm and solo lessons that are for intermediate players, let's say difficulty level 4 and 5...a kind of "Nevermore simplyfied", if that is even possible wink.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 12 2011, 01:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hm.
I don't really like Schecter guitars, but.... that is one of the sexiest 7s I've seen smile.gif

+Quote Post
Attila Voros
Jun 12 2011, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jun 11 2011, 08:28 PM) *
Damn Attila, you are c-r-a-z-y, hahahaha. Looks like too much fun.

More stuff in the vein of what you've already done would be great! Or just anything metal wink.gif

Hehe, thanks bro:) You should go and check out my website for some other stuff I did, but I'd also suggest You to check out my other band's youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/musicleander
Stay heavy!:)
Cheerio,
Attila

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2011, 11:56 AM) *
Cool video Attila!
When it comes to new lessons, I'd really like a few rhythm and solo lessons that are for intermediate players, let's say difficulty level 4 and 5...a kind of "Nevermore simplyfied", if that is even possible wink.gif

Christian

I hear You my friend! I"ve been planning to do something like that, so keep on watching!;)
Cheerio,
Attila

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jun 12 2011, 12:04 PM) *
Hm.
I don't really like Schecter guitars, but.... that is one of the sexiest 7s I've seen smile.gif

Thank You, I'm really proud of her!:) Honestly I was never really a fan of these sort of traditional "super stratish" shaped guitars, but the crazy and extreme ones:) This one i've been in love though for years:)
Cheerio,
Attila

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 11 2011, 06:55 PM) *
Hehe biggrin.gif I watched it yesterday. Awesome vid Attila! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks buddy, subtitle os coming soon!;)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:04 AM