Behringer Usb Guitar Link, Anyone have any experience of these?
CycoKilla
Mar 15 2008, 06:00 AM
GMC:er
I'm going to get one of these from the local music shop next week.
They are quite cheap & if nothing else it will allow me to record myself for practice purposes.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these?

http://www.behringer.com/UCG102/

From what I gather the package includes 30 day trial versions of 3 different amp combos. After that you pick the 1 you want & download it.
It also includes "Kristal Audio Engine multi-track sequencer and Audacity audio editor". - does anyone have any knowledge of these pieces of software?

For $75 would this be a good purchase or are there better ways to go?
I'm not too keen to spend alot of money & all I really want is to be able to listen back to myself playing (to hear where I am lacking) & also create backing tracks to jam with.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Birds-Eye Maple
Epiphone PR350 - 12 String Acoustic
Ibanez "EX" series
Marshall JCM800 50W Lead Combo
Line 6 Toneport UX2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Mar 15 2008, 06:12 AM
Those are fine if you have the soundcard from hell, if not (like 95% of the population) it won't sound too great. Unless you have swapped out your soundcard, chances are you won't get what your looking for. I'd suggest a Line 6 Toneport; they work great and don't bust the bank.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 15 2008, 11:03 AM
QUOTE (CycoKilla @ Mar 15 2008, 06:00 AM) *
They are quite cheap & if nothing else it will allow me to record myself for practice purposes.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these?

http://www.behringer.com/UCG102/

It also includes "Kristal Audio Engine multi-track sequencer and Audacity audio editor". - does anyone have any knowledge of these pieces of software?

I wonder if perhaps you already have an USB interface for PC, in case, I suggest you the Fast Track Usb from M-Audio, does its job and price's not prohibitive.
I admit I wonder about the purposes of an USB guitar if you already have a USB interface...
Personally i record simply using mu guitar + the amplifier + the fast track, that is enough to get a true amp sound, with my own guitar.
For what concerns the software, I have never tried "kristal Audio engine" but I have installed a version "Audacity" (which btw is freeware) and I don't like it for it doesn't work with USB sound input but only with mic.
In the end I suggest you to buy a USB card and maybe to get with Emule a version of Cubase or the audio editor you prefer..... if you haven't already done it, that's clear smile.gif

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 15 2008, 11:04 AM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 15 2008, 12:44 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I didn't hear good things about this interface..Considering the price I would suggest any of the Line6 toneport device starting from the GX model..You get much better software support and everything...I think they are the same price..
Check out their website : http://line6.com/toneportgx/

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Mar 15 2008, 12:45 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 15 2008, 08:40 PM
I've been looking into this myself and I've heard/read all good things about Line6, so tht's what I'm going with. I ordered the Gx just to get started. For what I want to accomplish that seems enough.

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 15 2008, 08:52 PM
this thing is terrible. I owned it for about a week before returning it. Go for either line 6 or m audio. happy.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
CycoKilla
Mar 16 2008, 04:15 AM
Thanks heaps for all the comments, guys.
I now realise there were quite a few threads about this type of stuff.

After reading as many as I could I ended up ordering the Line6 Toneport UX1 last night.
I should get it in about a week. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Birds-Eye Maple
Epiphone PR350 - 12 String Acoustic
Ibanez "EX" series
Marshall JCM800 50W Lead Combo
Line 6 Toneport UX2

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:13 PM