3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Classic Ballad Soloing Collaboration, UPLOAD THREAD
Berglmir
Sep 13 2009, 10:45 PM
GMC:er
As always thanks for the great & helpful feedback!
I know exactly what you mean - will try and improve!

Cheers!!
Berglmir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 14 2009, 02:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 13 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Sorry mate, I overlooked the post. Of course - it would be great if I could hear the take again! Thanks.

Kaznie:

Rhythm: Great long notes, and very nice timing with accenting the first beats. I like how the part evolves in the second part of the solo as well, and how you use more notes as the solo progresses towards the end. As all the notes came nice and clean, I can safely say that your timing is perfect, but as always it would be good to fire up some nice sequence here and there, perhaps using some shorter note durations. This can greatly improve the quality of this take, and I am talking about just a small sequence. If you want I can give you an example of the sequence for the MTP in form of a small run. When I say small run I really mean something like 6-8 notes that are a bit faster. If executed properly, this solo could easily be professional material. It still is tho, but as we always say - it can always be better.
Phrasing: This solo was probably the best I heard so far from you, because the phrases really tell a nice story, and you really nailed a nice vibe here. Lots of feelings, good connection between the phrases and very fluid. I have a small suggestion in the second phrase, where you did couple of C-D notes and then went to root again. I think the D note would make a stronger and effective ending then the A. I phrase 3 you went octave higher which is a good way of further expanding the phrase, but then in phrase 4 you can back octave lower and played a root again. Possibly here it would be cool to do a nice bend or something just to escape a bit from the root. The second part of the solo was great, and ending very solid.
Technique: Well, there is certainly some improvements here, the bends are awesome, very expressive and I can really see your worked on them. Precisely in pitch, perfect timing, great sustain. Vibrato is also very very good, still needs some polishing but now you are doing it slowly and with more control. All the notes came out very clear, so really well done with the execution.
Sound: The sound could use some tweaking, the problem is with the top end buzz that is too great. I believe a bit more smoother preset would be great. It is not that easy to get it with software, but it can be done, specially if you start to use EQing of the guitar, and if you lower down the gain slightly to increase dynamics a bit.

Thanks biggrin.gif Me is prowd biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 14 2009, 09:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Sep 13 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Thx for the very constructive criticism Ivan! Since I love playing to this kind of music, I will try to improve the second part. ( I actually had other ideas, but my lousy technique stopped me...) If its OK with You I will post an updated take in a couple of days. smile.gif

//Staffay

Of course my friend, another take would be great! Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Berglmir @ Sep 13 2009, 11:45 PM) *
As always thanks for the great & helpful feedback!
I know exactly what you mean - will try and improve!

Cheers!!
Berglmir

Thanks a lot man! smile.gif

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 14 2009, 03:21 PM) *
Thanks biggrin.gif Me is prowd biggrin.gif

Practice shows progress! Well done smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Sep 17 2009, 04:01 AM
As usual I am cutting short on time. Here is a third take since I said I would. I will post the NBT for the one you think I should use. thanks man smile.gif

Attached File  Classic_leedbreak_take3_BT.mp3 ( 877.04K ) Number of downloads: 156

Attached File  Classic_leedbreak_take3_NBT.mp3 ( 877.04K ) Number of downloads: 109

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Sep 21 2009, 05:29 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Sep 17 2009, 04:19 AM
Hey to all in the colab! This sounds great! Can I ask, I always seem to miss the start of the collaborations and would like to try some. How do I find them when they start, and is it too late to try to join this one? THanks cool.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 17 2009, 04:25 AM
QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Sep 16 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Hey to all in the colab! This sounds great! Can I ask, I always seem to miss the start of the collaborations and would like to try some. How do I find them when they start, and is it too late to try to join this one? THanks cool.gif

You can subscribe to the forum itself and receive email when new threads are started or you can try to keep up manually with the "View New Posts" link in the menu bar above.

Here's a picture the forum subscription link, use it on the sub-forum that you want to be notified about (not just any old sub-forum):

Attached Image

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Sep 17 2009, 05:23 AM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Sep 16 2009, 05:25 PM) *
You can subscribe to the forum itself and receive email when new threads are started or you can try to keep up manually with the "View New Posts" link in the menu bar above.

Here's a picture the forum subscription link, use it on the sub-forum that you want to be notified about (not just any old sub-forum):

Attached Image

Jafomatic... Yo Da MAN!!!! Thnxs. I try to keep up with the new posts but somehow I never seem to look at the right time. NOW I can keep up with the collaborations. I really appreciate the Picture tutorial! That makes it clear. cool.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 18 2009, 08:38 AM
Instructor
leedbreak:

Rhythm: Starting great in the first part with a perfect timing. Every note is precisely in place, and the 16th notes in the end of the part 1 are now enriched nicely with some 8ths as well, which is very nice to hear. The second part is also very good, although there are some minor timing issues in the end.
Phrasing: This part had very similar structure as the one before, and I believe the phrases were are blended together nicely. There are some inserted effects, like the slide in from bellow in the beginning of the part. All the notes came out clear as well. Second part is the only part that you played one note outside of scale towards the end (in that descending sequence), but besides that I think the take was perfect, and all the notes had their proper place, well done.
Technique: The whole take was played very nicely. The problems that I saw were mostly around that big bend in the first part and legato triplets in the first part as well that were a bit slow. The triplet sequences in the second part also would use some tightening up. However these are small details, since all the notes came out very clear and with solid timing.
Sound: Good tone, as said previously, well balanced, low buzz. Not that smooth, but goes along with the track nicely and cuts well through the mix.

In general, I believe this take is a major improvement, because it is played very clean and precise. The only note that is outside of the key is the one towards the end, and I consider this the only mistake in the whole take. I can see that you tried very hard to do this solo, and this version is the best one, since you have that degree of comfort and security while playing this take. Well done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Sep 18 2009, 03:19 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 18 2009, 02:38 AM) *
leedbreak:

Rhythm: Starting great in the first part with a perfect timing. Every note is precisely in place, and the 16th notes in the end of the part 1 are now enriched nicely with some 8ths as well, which is very nice to hear. The second part is also very good, although there are some minor timing issues in the end.
Phrasing: This part had very similar structure as the one before, and I believe the phrases were are blended together nicely. There are some inserted effects, like the slide in from bellow in the beginning of the part. All the notes came out clear as well. Second part is the only part that you played one note outside of scale towards the end (in that descending sequence), but besides that I think the take was perfect, and all the notes had their proper place, well done.
Technique: The whole take was played very nicely. The problems that I saw were mostly around that big bend in the first part and legato triplets in the first part as well that were a bit slow. The triplet sequences in the second part also would use some tightening up. However these are small details, since all the notes came out very clear and with solid timing.
Sound: Good tone, as said previously, well balanced, low buzz. Not that smooth, but goes along with the track nicely and cuts well through the mix.

In general, I believe this take is a major improvement, because it is played very clean and precise. The only note that is outside of the key is the one towards the end, and I consider this the only mistake in the whole take. I can see that you tried very hard to do this solo, and this version is the best one, since you have that degree of comfort and security while playing this take. Well done.

Ivan, thanks for the very motivating comments. I needed to hear this. So that why I spent so much time on it. Writing a solo is pretty easy while playing it may not always be.

I think taking a few day break from it is what helped the most. I will get NBT3 up tonight.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2009, 12:27 AM
Instructor
Ah great man, glad to hear that, and thanks a lot for participating in such a great way on this collab. Well done with the composition and playing as well! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Sep 19 2009, 12:32 AM
Aloha,
Attached File  Rock_Ballad_consolidated_consolidated_consolidated.mp3 ( 906.49K ) Number of downloads: 166
with backing

I think I read that we no longer need to upload 2 files is that true? Just 1 file with backing works?

Attached File  02_Final_Lead_pan_Vai_consolidated_090918_1316.mp3 ( 906.49K ) Number of downloads: 136
without backing

any how here are both! All feedback is welcome, thanks for letting me jump in cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Sep 19 2009, 12:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Heres my take! smile.gif

Attached File  classic_ballad_collab_WBT.mp3 ( 928.88K ) Number of downloads: 145

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Sep 21 2009, 02:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Here is my take. My first collab ! biggrin.gif
Hope you'll like it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Classic_Rock_Ballad.mp3 ( 877.68K ) Number of downloads: 114

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Sep 21 2009, 04:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Another upload without sound mod...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Classic_Rock_Ballad__no_mod_.mp3 ( 877.68K ) Number of downloads: 100

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 22 2009, 11:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Ivan.
I tried to fix up the things You were commenting, I dunno if I succeeded... huh.gif
I changed part two, but the lasr note is not 100%.....

Also I recorded with another guitar (Warmoth) as well as used one of Muris presets from GR3 with som modifications.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Sep 23 2009, 04:46 PM
Aloha Ivan,

I've tried to address the tone and clean it up just a bit... so I did another take. cool.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Rock_Balladtake2wBT.mp3 ( 906.49K ) Number of downloads: 76
Attached File  Rock_Baladtake2nBT.mp3 ( 906.49K ) Number of downloads: 57

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Sep 24 2009, 05:55 PM
Hey Ivan, there goes my take... Its pretty much of an improvisation... It was fun! Hope you like it!

Can

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Enforcer_Ivan_Classic_Ballad_Full.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 119
Attached File  Enforcer_Ivan_Classic_Ballad_NoBt.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 96

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Sep 24 2009, 10:12 PM
Im Late? mellow.gif

Heres mine! wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  classic_ballad_collab_PowerArctica.mp3 ( 877.27K ) Number of downloads: 120

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Sep 25 2009, 03:56 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Here's my take Ivan smile.gif Mostly improvised

This post has been edited by Dexxter: Sep 25 2009, 03:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 25 2009, 10:07 PM
Here's mine Ivan, hope it's not too late!!! biggrin.gif
Recorded as a complete Improv as I didn't want to miss another of your collabs!!
[attachment=18100:SJ_class...ollabWBT.mp3]
[attachment=18102:SJ_class...ollabNBT.mp3]

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:08 AM