> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

115 Pages V  « < 113 114 115  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2020, 02:57 AM
Post #2281
Feb 21 2020, 02:57 AM

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Phil!! Thanks for the update!

I think that it’s good to combine your work on 30 great blues with other stuff since that’s a monster lesson.

I also think that setting some sub goals could be positive. For example what about focusing on a shorter section for a while instead of thinking all the time on the whole thing?

While reading your posts I was thinking that maybe seeing this one as an endless lesson can be frustrating. If you divide it in fragments, you can work on other lessons or stuff for a while before getting into the following part.

What are your thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 21 2020, 09:21 AM
Post #2282
Feb 21 2020, 09:21 AM

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 19.975

Thanks Gab,

It's not really frustrating, more daunting but I'm enjoying it and really want to complete it. As you say, it is a monster lesson and harder than learning a full song really because that can be just verse, chorus, bridge repeated. I actually started recording videos of each riff this week (only had time to video the first two though). As I said, I feel it might be better to concentrate on one riff at a time, get it up to speed then work on the next one, then, using the riffs I've got up to speed as a warm up and to get the transitions right.

At the moment this seems to be working, the other thing is, I was rushing, I know, I know, I shouldn't but, I have to fight that so hard as it's in my nature rolleyes.gif I was trying to learn newer riffs while I hadn't completely internalised the earlier ones and even thought they were up to speed, they were very scruffy and I still relied on the TAB. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The hardest parts are the chordal parts, basically I'm a complete novice with chords and moving them around and playing individual strings of the chord while moving it down the neck is an even bigger challenge for me.

The Ben Higgins thing, if I get time to fit it in I'll have to see how much time it needs, might be a good sub goal, it's only ten days, I've also got Todd's Bootcamp which I really enjoy.

Once work settles down in a few weeks I'll be back on it big style but it's an unavoidable time I'm afraid, I explained to Todd HERE if you want to get the lowdown.

Also, that lesson you said to try and add to my DAILY practise (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/30-Blues-Greats/) is very hard for me, maybe this might help instead https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/SRV-Chordal-Licks/

Cheers buddy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 21 2020, 10:48 AM

--------------------
MY CURRENT REVISION FOLDER

MY CURRENT BOOTCAMP LESSON

[/url]
SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
[color="#000000"][/color]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

115 Pages V  « < 113 114 115
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 10:26 PM