2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Funk Rhythms/chords
Siggum
Jul 16 2008, 07:02 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Iluha @ Jul 16 2008, 03:41 PM) *
I was hoping you would make a lesson like this... great one man, I'm defintly learning it right away, as funky rythm always been an issue to me.

Thanks smile.gif

Cool, im glad to hear that thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jul 16 2008, 03:45 PM) *
Great lesson. Your playing is awesome.

I hate the H rubbish as well. Really irritates me. It doesn't make sense. The alphabet goes A, B, C, D, E, F, G not A, H, C, D, E, F, G. Even if it was meaning the second run of 7 notes in alphabet it would be H being A not B. It's insanity. Why do they do it. Are they just trying to be different or do they do it to throw everybody. H for Horses***. biggrin.gif I will stop my rant now lol. B B B B B B B B tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks OC, now you got me even more confused laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 16 2008, 07:44 PM
QUOTE (Siggum @ Jul 16 2008, 07:02 PM) *
Cool, im glad to hear that thanks smile.gif

Thanks OC, now you got me even more confused laugh.gif

Where is it that people use H instead of C? I thought it was just in Hungary. Although I know nothing lol biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jul 16 2008, 10:38 PM
Instructor
great and very welldone lesson siggum

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 17 2008, 07:48 AM
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ Jul 16 2008, 11:38 PM) *
great and very welldone lesson siggum

Thanks Hisham smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Torben
Jul 17 2008, 08:30 AM
Just a comment on the H/B discussion:

H is German musical nomenclature. They use H for B and B for Bb. That's all one have to remember. I suggest that we use B and Bb here, since the site is kept in English. For people with a need of an explanation, here's a link:

http://tonalsoft.com/enc/g/german-h.aspx

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 17 2008, 08:47 AM
QUOTE (Torben @ Jul 17 2008, 09:30 AM) *
Just a comment on the H/B discussion:

H is German musical nomenclature. They use H for B and B for Bb. That's all one have to remember. I suggest that we use B and Bb here, since the site is kept in English. For people with a need of an explanation, here's a link:

http://tonalsoft.com/enc/g/german-h.aspx

Cool little info there Torben, to avoid confusion il be using B for H in my next lessons smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jul 18 2008, 02:31 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Nice lesson man, and great melodie smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 18 2008, 02:41 PM
I didn't realise Germans use B for Bb. biggrin.gif Confusing to say the least smile.gif

I do love this lesson. I need to improve my funk chord knowledge.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Torben
Jul 19 2008, 08:43 AM
Hi again,

When working with the piece it just becomes better! I'm really fond of it. Video's are very instructive and clear.Thanks for sharing.

I believe there is a little error in part 4? After A in the first beats, your diagrams suggest moving to D#m in the 6th band. But shouldn't it be C#m in the 4th band? At least that's what I hear... No big deal, but it confused me slightly to begin with...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 19 2008, 08:58 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great work on the lesson mate ! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 19 2008, 02:40 PM
QUOTE (Torben @ Jul 19 2008, 09:43 AM) *
Hi again,

When working with the piece it just becomes better! I'm really fond of it. Video's are very instructive and clear.Thanks for sharing.

I believe there is a little error in part 4? After A in the first beats, your diagrams suggest moving to D#m in the 6th band. But shouldn't it be C#m in the 4th band? At least that's what I hear... No big deal, but it confused me slightly to begin with...

You'r right Torben, nice spotted.. fixed now thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 19 2008, 09:58 AM) *
Great work on the lesson mate ! smile.gif

Thanks Mate smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 22 2008, 01:03 AM
Instructor
Excellent lesson smile.gif

Seeing "H" again reminds me of music-classes in the 4th grade with flutes and stuff smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Torben
Aug 3 2008, 08:22 AM
Ok, so I stick my neck out!

Here's a first try on this lesson.

Attached File  Funk_Rythm_Siggum_03.mp3 ( 688.16K ) Number of downloads: 254

A few comments:
Sound quality could be a lot better. I just recorded the thing and did no further. My guitar is too loud, but that's intentionally. It's easier to hear my mistakes then. huh.gif

My biggest problem is strumming (in my opinion). I somehow tend to get carried away, and that spoils the accuracy in attack etc. Please advice on that.

Any constructive critisism is welcome.

Thanks for listening.

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 3 2008, 08:23 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Great lesson. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 3 2008, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (Torben @ Aug 3 2008, 09:22 AM) *
Ok, so I stick my neck out!

Here's a first try on this lesson.

Attached File  Funk_Rythm_Siggum_03.mp3 ( 688.16K ) Number of downloads: 254

A few comments:
Sound quality could be a lot better. I just recorded the thing and did no further. My guitar is too loud, but that's intentionally. It's easier to hear my mistakes then. huh.gif

My biggest problem is strumming (in my opinion). I somehow tend to get carried away, and that spoils the accuracy in attack etc. Please advice on that.

Any constructive critisism is welcome.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Torben, thank you for trying this one out, you did a great job. You got the main rhythmic patterns down, only thing left is to get the timing right, something that comes with practise, cause you got the idea of how it should sound. Also i couldnt hear if you muted the strings as well while strumming, but thats a good idea to do as well. Anyway you nailed it pretty good though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:57 PM