> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Opetholic Technical Guitar Journey
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:55 PM
Instructor
Hey Mert! Great playing man tongue.gif I am slow on this one, compared to you at this moment, very slow laugh.gif

Anyway, Try ALL THREE of them biggrin.gif why not?

I shall also give you some more work to do on the microbends as well wink.gif I wouldn;t want you to transform into a machine gun type picker and just that smile.gif Deal?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 26 2012, 10:07 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 25 2012, 06:55 PM) *
I shall also give you some more work to do on the microbends as well wink.gif I wouldn;t want you to transform into a machine gun type picker and just that smile.gif Deal?

Sounds good Cosmin smile.gif Deal to anything you say smile.gif
Here is another take for the Metal Metrics 4. I tried to do microbends but I don't know if you can hear them.. Let me know how it is all together
Here we go

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Man, what a chug-a-chug! biggrin.gif I loved the heaviness you achieved in the palm muting section! Unfortunately I can't hear the microbends, neither the vibrato I am playing when reaching the F note in the first part.

Hmmmmm, look closely at the part at second 0.47 in my take - you will hear a very slight bend smile.gif those are the ones I am talking about - once you'll get a hold of them, you will hear them everywhere were they exist wink.gif

Shall we try one more? Don't rush, focus on finding all the microbends and exaggerate a little, until you get the hang of it wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 27 2012, 04:33 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2012, 02:38 PM) *
Man, what a chug-a-chug! biggrin.gif I loved the heaviness you achieved in the palm muting section! Unfortunately I can't hear the microbends, neither the vibrato I am playing when reaching the F note in the first part.

Hmmmmm, look closely at the part at second 0.47 in my take - you will hear a very slight bend smile.gif those are the ones I am talking about - once you'll get a hold of them, you will hear them everywhere were they exist wink.gif

Shall we try one more? Don't rush, focus on finding all the microbends and exaggerate a little, until you get the hang of it wink.gif

Cosmin

Wow C-Maestro smile.gif I love it when you push me to perfection. I am hearing so much more in this piece now that we talk about all these things. The devil is in the details!! smile.gif We will try as many times as necessary to nail this down smile.gif
Here is my new take trying to correct the mistakes you mentioned

Looking forward to your comments smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Mert! This is better for certain wink.gif I notice that you are using your fingers to vibrate and bend? biggrin.gif Shall we take care of that? I would totally recommend using the wrist smile.gif Are you acquainted with the technique my friend?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 28 2012, 09:52 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Mert! This is better for certain wink.gif I notice that you are using your fingers to vibrate and bend? biggrin.gif Shall we take care of that? I would totally recommend using the wrist smile.gif Are you acquainted with the technique my friend?

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,
Thanks for the feedback smile.gif I know the wrist bending. I just find bending and vibrating the low E string with my fingers easier and stronger. Notice that the tone and a half bend towards the end is so effortless that way.. But I will shoot a take trying it with wrist bending/vibrato if it will make you happy smile.gif I just find that a bit more difficult especially with low E string which you need to bend downwards.. What do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor
i would be very happy if you could do that aaaaand tongue.gif I will push you a bit in that direction, to get your bad habits running wink.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 28 2012, 01:24 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 28 2012, 09:03 AM) *
i would be very happy if you could do that aaaaand tongue.gif I will push you a bit in that direction, to get your bad habits running wink.gif

Hey Cosmin smile.gif All right, I am working on it. I will need some time to adjust to wrist bending and vibrato. In the meantime I am practicing Mojo Oro part 2 smile.gif Here is a 160bpm take of the lesson until the last run. The last run is tricky, I need to work more on it.. This is a short lesson but it is still demanding with the speedy stretches.
Here it is

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 30 2012, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Howdy Mert! Looking and sounding good, although there's still a bit of polishing here and there smile.gif my suggestion would be to try and finish with the whole mojo oro series - it needs to be complete, right? biggrin.gif And then, we shall focus on articulation wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 2 2012, 11:54 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 30 2012, 09:12 AM) *
Howdy Mert! Looking and sounding good, although there's still a bit of polishing here and there smile.gif my suggestion would be to try and finish with the whole mojo oro series - it needs to be complete, right? biggrin.gif And then, we shall focus on articulation wink.gif

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin, here is Mojo Oro part 2 at 150bpm. The final run is extremely tricky, maybe you should have a look, I am sure you would enjoy it. It is hard for left hand because of some nice stretches and tricky fingering, it is hard for right hand because in the middle of the run you need to switch strokes so you start with a downstroke. Also it is tricky timing wise tongue.gif so it is quite tricky hehe

Here we go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 3 2012, 07:32 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert! Sounds good smile.gif your tone has cleaned up somehow, in comparison to the previous takes! I am almost done with learning the Mojo Oro 1 myself and got it at about 85 % I hope I'll find enough time to get it down under my finger tongue.gif

Mojo Oro 2 is next biggrin.gif those parts are tricky indeed, but I think the Mojo Oro 1 is nastier than this one.

Hit me with the next and when we're ready, it's off to the REC zone with you!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 3 2012, 09:38 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin, I can't wait to hear your take smile.gif It will be something to hear I think. You know you can put it in REC zone also, like Ben did some time ago smile.gif Indeed Mojo Oro 1 is nastier, it is longer for one thing with more repetitions. There is more chance of screwing up tongue.gif but second part is not as innocent as it looks I can tell you biggrin.gif
Here is my take for the full part 2. I will put it in REC zone I think..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 4 2012, 10:35 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Cosmin smile.gif

How are you? I practiced Mojo Oro p2 a bit more, I am not satisfied with my previous REC zone performance. I want to get a higher grade from C-Maestro smile.gif

Here is another take. I tried to take into account what you, Alex and Gabriel told me. What do you think about this one?

Another take on Metal Metrics 4 is on the way smile.gif Man those wrist bends and vibratos on the low E string is too difficult tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Jul 4 2012, 10:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2012, 08:15 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Well, I am very much impressed by your ambition and consistency Mert! You are to be appreciated, BUT I want you to push yourself constantly, so I won't let you breathe too much!

Your tightness has increased indeed with the Mojo Oro 2, but still I can hear a lot of unwanted sound - could it be due to the fact that the recording is a bit too loud?

The last lick came out much cleaner indeed! Ithink this kind of stuff is only getting better with time, so don't accumulate any frustration ok? Let's see the microbends and wrist work into action wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 5 2012, 02:00 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,

Yes indeed the unwanted noise is due to recording being too loud. I don't have a home studio or fancy equipment either. I have a crappy amp and a pedal board and the best thing I have is my LP guitar smile.gif and you have seen it, it is not the best guitar either tongue.gif So my recording is pretty primitive, that's why I have to crank up my amp so you guys can hear anything biggrin.gif

Here is another take on Metal Metrics 4. I messed up at the end with the tempo a bit so this is not going to REC zone definitely but what do you say about the wrist motion and the microbends ? I am still not %100 happy but I think I am on the right track smile.gif What can you suggest ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2012, 12:32 PM
Instructor
howdy mate! It's definitely getting better, but for the part at 0.30 you should pull on the strings and release them a bit delayed biggrin.gif it's a bit difficult to explain but with a bit of exploring you should get it. I say, let's isolate that little part and try to work on the microbends there.

About the recording biggrin.gif I totally, but TOTALLY recommend this: http://line6.com/guitarport/ it's about 99 dollars and it comes with the included software - Gearbox which you can use for some crushing tones. I got a thread in my instructor zone where I have placed 2 patches for riffs which were used to record this along with the AMT:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Djent-Time-Signatures/

what do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 6 2012, 02:16 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Thanks Cosmin for the feedback smile.gif
I will try to work out those microbends better in the next take..

Man, about the line6 unit, if you told me this 2 days ago I would have a look into it. Sometime ago I decided to take a different path and yesterday I bought the first piece of it smile.gif So I bought myself a cheap external soundcard. Now I will buy a cheap mic and mic my amp speaker and connect to computer through the soundcard smile.gif I got the M-Audio Fast Track MK2.

In the meantime I practiced your exercise from yesterday. Here is what I have for the Aeolian mode at 90bpm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2012, 02:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 6 2012, 01:16 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin for the feedback smile.gif
I will try to work out those microbends better in the next take..

Man, about the line6 unit, if you told me this 2 days ago I would have a look into it. Sometime ago I decided to take a different path and yesterday I bought the first piece of it smile.gif So I bought myself a cheap external soundcard. Now I will buy a cheap mic and mic my amp speaker and connect to computer through the soundcard smile.gif I got the M-Audio Fast Track MK2.

In the meantime I practiced your exercise from yesterday. Here is what I have for the Aeolian mode at 90bpm.

That's pretty darn good man! biggrin.gif Push it up now!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 9 2012, 06:57 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 6 2012, 01:29 PM) *
That's pretty darn good man! biggrin.gif Push it up now!

Hello C-Maestro,
Here is another take at 95bpm. I don't think I will be able to push this above 100, that is if I reach 100 tongue.gif
Here we go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 9 2012, 05:57 PM) *
Hello C-Maestro,
Here is another take at 95bpm. I don't think I will be able to push this above 100, that is if I reach 100 tongue.gif
Here we go

Good work man! I haven't practiced it anymore so you topped me with 5 BPM tongue.gif

Mert, your technical skills are starting to create a dangerous gap between them and your articulation skills smile.gif Shall we pursue that patch for a bit?

Cosmin

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:03 AM