> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 68 69 70 71 72 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Nov 30 2017, 09:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab.

Ok, it's a plan,

I notice that Satch has a similar thing going on that I get with my middle finger, he gets with his pinkie, watch from 4:09 and it's even more pronounced at 4:15, makes me feel a little better biggrin.gif

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2017, 08:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 30 2017, 05:10 PM) *
Thanks Gab.

Ok, it's a plan,

I notice that Satch has a similar thing going on that I get with my middle finger, he gets with his pinkie, watch from 4:09 and it's even more pronounced at 4:15, makes me feel a little better biggrin.gif

Cheers

Phil

heheh, you see. And it doesn't affect his awesome playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 4 2017, 10:03 PM
Okay Gab,

I think I'm ready to post the Phil Collen to REC to see what the others say. I'll post the video here first though. It might not get a pass but I need the practise of recording for REC as I haven't done one for a while so I will get stage fright if I don't make at least one take for REC.

Cheers buddy.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2017, 05:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, this sounds like a plan. Let's go for it.

Recording is always a great practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 5 2017, 10:25 PM
Thanks Gab,

I just went for it and posted straight to REC, nothing to lose wink.gif

I have to say the nerves really kicked in and I made some errors, especially on the bends that I haven't been making all along, well, not as bad anyway.

I had to do a few takes because things were happening that never happen normally laugh.gif Things like strings slipping under fingers when bending!!!!!!!!!!! Dropping the pick!!!!!!!!!! Completely forgetting where I am in the piece!!!!!!!! It's a funny the little thing we call a "Rec take" laugh.gif

It's all good though.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2017, 02:56 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Well done! I've just commented at the REC question thread and now I'll check the REC program.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 6 2017, 09:04 PM
Thanks Gab,

I read your comments and I totally agree that I can do better and I did do better, much better before I pressed the record button on the video camera laugh.gif As I said in the REC question thread, I think there is nothing, except maybe a real exam or stepping onto a real stage, that affects people like recording for an actual REC take and it's not as though we can pretend it isn't for REC because we know it is biggrin.gif

At least I got this one to the REC zone, the JW one killed me because I never even got it good enough for a score of 1 point.

I'm happy with the scores so far, I was actually expecting a 3 smile.gif

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 7 2017, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Well done my friend! Keep that nice spirit! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 7 2017, 09:25 PM
Thanks Gab, (UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF MESSAGE)

I'm trying to be much more relaxed about my slow progress, I need to stop getting so stressed about not progressing at the speed of light. I think it's mainly because I don't like letting you down but I have to face reality and accept that I have a lot going on in my life and can only fit so much in.

Live for the moment and enjoy each note, even enjoy the mistakes because they are a learning element too wink.gif

Ok, I'm in a total quandary about the whole D/Db flat thing in the Sabbath collab. I agree with you 100% that it is Db. Not that my ear tells me but I've played along with it and had to play on the 11th fret to match the note. Below are three clips on me playing the D and Db through the exact same set up, wah, guitar etc tuned up as usual before starting. 1st Camera mic, 2nd Reaper and 3rd the MP3 via Soundcloud. I'm just pushing the wah pedal once each time to see if that is affecting anything.

Please excuse the heavy breathing, I have a bit of a cold laugh.gif I hate how close up makes everything look ten times more dusty that they really are laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD5eHTEiu9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCgnIZlomKI

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/bm-vi-d-db-test

UPDATE:
In the Soundcloud and the video with the Reaper sound I have to play Db and C to match the notes but in the video with the camera mic I have to play the D and Db notes, which is the same as I was playing when recording.

I'm putting this into the main forum as I really need to sort it out otherwise I can't really carry on making recordings sad.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 7 2017, 09:38 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2017, 06:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, the only that that seems to be right is the camera mic. This is definitely related to your recording sofware or hardware. There must be something related the frecuency settings. Please check if your soundcard, daw and project are at the same frecuency rate, for example 441000 hz, and tell me what you find.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 8 2017, 09:05 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'll do that if I can see where to look as I've never messed with sample rates. I'll reply over in the question thread to keep it for others to see wink.gif

I'm away this weekend HERE there is a big food festival in the town on Sunday with artisan food and drink creators HERE

I'm looking forward to my next REC take, this issuewith the semitone drop in pitch has stolen some practise time but hey ho, it's still something to learn, every day's a school day eh? smile.gif

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2017, 04:01 AM
Instructor
Nice places Phil!! Enjoy it!

And yeah, there is always something new to learn. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 14 2017, 02:06 PM
Always smile.gif I'm n trying to work out why the chord sounded so bad to Darius in my REC take, I've asked him and he said there are many things that could make it sound so bad and he said, "Well tuned would never have such a fluttering sound. Spend more time and watch how open string acts on the tuner comparing to a fretted 2nd fret on g and d strings." He also said that many things could cause it so I need to discover it for myself, which is a fair comment smile.gif

I'm going to change the strings as they have been on since I had the guitar ohmy.gif and then try to set the intonation. At the moment the tuning keeps on changing and even the intonation varies. If I can't get it right then the trem might need work. I might even convert to hardtail with a TremolNo.

Just got THIS just for convenience and it's great.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 14 2017, 02:45 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2017, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

Yes, I would start by changind those strings since it becomes impossible to get a perfect tuning when strings are too old. Then, if the tuning issues continue, I recommend to take it to a professional, or if you are brave, search some youtube videos on how to calibrate a guitar.

Congrats on the wireless system! Nice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 17 2017, 10:22 PM
Thanks Gab,

Enjoy your holiday, you in NYC again? If you are, don't forget to contact Rob Balducci, I'm sure he'd like to hook up with you wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2017, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 17 2017, 06:22 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

Enjoy your holiday, you in NYC again? If you are, don't forget to contact Rob Balducci, I'm sure he'd like to hook up with you wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

Thanks a lot mate, I'll do!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 22 2017, 10:09 PM
Thanks for your comments over at REC Gab, I wasn't expecting you to comment as you are on vacation wink.gif

I am struggling with bending to pitch, I do practise it a lot and I'm ok at it when practising but in the heat of the moment when playing a piece it goes wonky.

I have been using the Satriani method but tonight I came up with something to add to it, I don't know if it will help but it just might create a mental link to the notes. I've learnt the solo part but instead of bending I've been sliding up to the note, I don't know, maybe it might give my brain another link to the notes while I'm actually playing the solo so, rather than just hitting a note and moving down two frets and bending up, I'm playing the actual solo with the correct notes at the right tempo, I'm hoping it will help. Have I explained myself well enough for you to understand what I'm trying?

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2017, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil, yeah, it's clear and I think that it could help to train your ear. It's good to experiment with different approaches so go for it and then tell me if you note any positive results.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 28 2017, 05:15 PM
Thanks Gab,

Well, I haven't picked up my guitar since that last post. The curse of 2017 struck again, my wife and I have been taken off our feet by the mother of all cold viruses! We both felt like we had been hit by a freight train, twice! Christmas day we struggled to the restaurant where we had paid in advance for our 4 course lunch. After the starter I had to go and be sick, we bother only managed about a quarter of our main course and had to come home and get into bed. I lost 4kg in 4 days. We're feeling better now, just weak and stuck with a lingering cough.

We're head down to HERE tomorrow, apart from the beautiful house and abbey it's home to THESE attractions. After that, we're heading to Southampton West Quay Leasure, shopping and dining development to stay for one night and the next day we're heading HERE for New Year celebrations until 3rd January.

I hope 2018 brings us a new turn of luck, 2017 wasn't good. I hope you and yours have a happy, healthy and successful 2018 Gab.

I'll be on the forum but no guitar.

Speak soon.

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2017, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I'm sorry about those negative events. Let's cross fingers, think in positive for the future.

Those places that you are going are totally beautiul. Enjoy it.

I now that it has been a difficult year for you, but from my guitar mentor side, I can say that I've seen you moving forward. I can affirm that your ears, guitar playing and musical skills improved during this year. Congrats on your perseverance and hard work.

I wish you have a happy new year!! Thanks for your nice words mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 68 69 70 71 72 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:32 PM