Temporal Narcosis, project quadrium's first song
quadrium
May 30 2011, 04:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

Here is the first song of our virtual band. Vocals are not done yet so it's only instumental for now. Christian(Gitarrero) is currently working on vocals.

Members:
1-quadrium
2-Todd Simpson
3-Gitarrero
4-mad

Many thanks to TylerT who made the drums for this song. And we are also working on our second song Ascension Paradox with SirJamsalot's help. Recordings are almost done wink.gif Anyway hope you like this. I'm also uploading the lyrics. Waiting your comments smile.gif

Also we'd be appreciated if you support our facebook page smile.gif : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Quad...190616044298662

SCROLL DOWN TO POST #7 TO SEE THE FINAL MIX BY TODD smile.gif

Thanks, smile.gif
Dogukan.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by quadrium: May 31 2011, 04:41 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Temporal_Narcosis.mp3 ( 5.04MB ) Number of downloads: 206
Attached File  Temporal_Narcosis.txt ( 672bytes ) Number of downloads: 143

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maris
May 30 2011, 04:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Dogukan!
This is great...it is so thrashy ...I loved it and I can't wait for the next one.Cheers and great work guys!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Maris: May 30 2011, 04:50 PM

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 30 2011, 05:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow great track guys biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 30 2011, 05:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks guys! smile.gif And we have one more member mad He wrote the intro part! Sorry Marc, since you aren't active lately i forgot to write your name sad.gif Sorry again!

This post has been edited by quadrium: May 30 2011, 05:08 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2011, 05:46 PM
GMC:er
Maybe we can list the Project Membership with the three mains and then FEATURED GUESTS?

Great praise and thanks should be heaped on our Featured Guest players as they have saved this track!

TYLER T YOU RAWK!

TylerT did the drums on this track and it really pulled it from the fire. We had a single drum loop and once the song was done we where having real trouble replacing it with drums. Tyler came in and NAILED IT!

It turned out great! smile.gif I"m going to do another Mix Down and Master with the new drums and will post here.

Todd

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 30 2011, 06:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Great job, guys!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2011, 08:48 PM
NEW MIX WITH NEW DRUMS!

Here is a new mix of TEMPORAL NARCOSIS with the killer drums from TYLER T. I'm using all REAPER native plugins except for EZ Drummer and some SSL Native plugins on the drums that sound AMAZING! Makes the drums really come to life and sound just sick! You can download the SSL plugins for free! Link is in my Free Software thread. They work for 30 dyas but every 30 they let me renew my license for free smile.gif

Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_NewMix.mp3 ( 5.03MB ) Number of downloads: 503

Here is the previous mix just for reference. This is without the Spiffy SSL Plugins on the drums. It still RAWKS smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 30 2011, 09:25 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_no_SSL.mp3 ( 5.04MB ) Number of downloads: 180

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 30 2011, 09:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (thefireball @ May 30 2011, 05:47 PM) *
Great job, guys!

Thanks man! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 30 2011, 07:48 PM) *
NEW MIX WITH NEW DRUMS!

Here is a new mix of TEMPORAL NARCOSIS with the killer drums from TYLER T. I'm using all REAPER native plugins except for EZ Drummer and some SSL Native plugins on the drums that sound AMAZING! Makes the drums really come to life and sound just sick! You can download the SSL plugins for free! Link is in my Free Software thread. They work for 30 dyas but every 30 they let me renew my license for free smile.gif

Great job Todd! It's awesome! biggrin.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 30 2011, 09:48 PM
Instructor
Yeaaah! biggrin.gif

Sounds trashy indeed! smile.gif

One thing I should note is too much low end! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2011, 12:55 AM
Good call Ivan! I just noticed I ran the mix without my new SUB engaged! When I hit the sub the bass is a bit crazy. Which is exactly why I made another post about mixing with a sub! Mixing on near field monitors without a sub can lead to "over bass". What sounds great on my KRK ROKIT 6s sounds crazy bassy with the sub on.

New mix coming!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 30 2011, 03:48 PM) *
Yeaaah! biggrin.gif

Sounds trashy indeed! smile.gif

One thing I should note is too much low end! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2011, 02:18 AM
Here is the Second Version of the New Mix (This time mixed with the sub engaged). Without the sub it's much thinner but with a full range system does sound pretty spiff. Let me know what you guys think smile.gif

Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_NewMix2.mp3 ( 5.17MB ) Number of downloads: 218

Here is the consolidated REAPER project as well.

Attached File  Song1May30_2011_Remix.zip ( 26.63MB ) Number of downloads: 172

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2011, 08:58 AM
Instructor
Guys this ROCKS. I think you could sell it to Dave Mustaine for the new Megadeth record.. he'd pay big bucks !! tongue.gif

But seriously, it's great.. the rhythm playing and tone reminds me of the Peace Sells era (but with more gain and tighter) cool.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
May 31 2011, 12:27 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Awesome stuff smile.gif

Just wrote a Journal entry and will portray it on our wiki cool.gif Keep them coming!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 31 2011, 04:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Great mix Todd! I can't hear the intro on the final Mix though...?
Tyler, the drums rock, thanks for doing this for us smile.gif
Now I can work on the vocals a bit better...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 31 2011, 04:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 31 2011, 07:58 AM) *
Guys this ROCKS. I think you could sell it to Dave Mustaine for the new Megadeth record.. he'd pay big bucks !! tongue.gif

But seriously, it's great.. the rhythm playing and tone reminds me of the Peace Sells era (but with more gain and tighter) cool.gif

Thanks Ben! I'll send this one to Dave then tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fran @ May 31 2011, 11:27 AM) *
Awesome stuff smile.gif

Just wrote a Journal entry and will portray it on our wiki cool.gif Keep them coming!

Wow! Thank you very much Fran smile.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 31 2011, 03:21 PM) *

Indeed great mix Todd smile.gif I can't hear the intro also sad.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2011, 10:23 PM
Instructor
It does sound with less low end rumble now! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2011, 03:07 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 31 2011, 02:58 AM) *

Thanks very much smile.gif The parts were written by Dokugan and Gittarero with intro by MAD. I re-tracked all the parts after the intro then recently remixed as well. It turned out pretty darn heavy! Used Software....

REAPER

EZ DRUMMER

SSL DRUM STRIP PLUGIN
SSL XVERB

Every bit of software was free to download/use except for EZ drummer.

Todd

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 31 2011, 04:23 PM) *
It does sound with less low end rumble now! smile.gif

Thanks for the note smile.gif I remixed after engaging the subwoofer and it made all the difference. Mixing without my sub is like driving blind. You just have no idea what's happening below 50 HZ. The Sub takes it down to 30hz then I shelve it after that.

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 31 2011, 10:21 AM) *

Eeek! On Mix 2? I can crack it open and take another pass.

QUOTE (Fran @ May 31 2011, 06:27 AM) *
Awesome stuff smile.gif

Great! Post the link here if you can wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2011, 01:09 AM
Here is an updated mix of TEMPORAL NARCOSIS with the fixed vocals. The vocals are heavily modified from the original and taken down a few octaves and doubled. Give it a listen and let us know what you think!

*Just noticed a glitch, new file coming now.

Attached File  July3mix2.mp3 ( 5.12MB ) Number of downloads: 205

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 4 2011, 01:35 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:40 PM