Songs & Movies
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 14 2011, 10:48 AM
GMC Founder
Songs have always played a large role in movies. First check out Ramiro's new lesson, "Survivor: Eye Of The Tiger", and the post a reply to today's topic.

In your opinion, which song is associated with which movie most often?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Apr 14 2011, 12:56 PM
GMC Administrator
I know its kinda cheesy but:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 14 2011, 05:00 PM
The Dark Canuck
Ahh my two favourite topics... movies and music smile.gif

Well besides an actual score (ie: Star Wars, The Godfather etc) there are so many that one could choose from. Obviously one of the best would have to be "Bohemian Rhapsody" in Wayne's World. Who among us has not rein-acted that scene once or twice smile.gif Celine Dion owned Titanic with My Heart Will Go On. And John Hughes had a knack for making a song stick to a movie. Movies like Ferris Bueller's Day off, The Breakfast Club and Pretty and Pink all have songs in them that whenever you hear them you can't NOT think of those movies (ie: Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds) I have a lot of favourites including the ones mentioned but I'll do a list of 10 that come to mind

10. Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley - Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing (It's a girl thing smile.gif )
9. Urge Overkill - Girl You'll be a Woman Soon from Pulp Fiction
8. Public Enemy - Fight the Power from Do the Right Thing
7. Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss a Thing from Armegeddon
6. Kenny Loggins - Footloose from Footloose
5. Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F from Beverly Hills Cop
4. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody from Ghost ( again It's a girl thing smile.gif )
3. Simon and Garfunkle - Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate
2. Elton John - Tiny Dancer from Almost Famous

and #1 for me is (warning for violence in video)

Steeler's Wheels - Stuck in the Middle With You

I can't hear this song without thinking of this scene and doing Michael Madsen's little dance LOL!! Tarantino is another great director that understands the impact a good well place song can have on a film. There are so many more I can mention...

rok

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2011, 12:19 AM
GMC:er
Killer reply ROKCHIK smile.gif How about a bit of FROMAGE! Some classic Cheez from Queen. This one is a real throwback but vintage in it's own way.

QUOTE (rokchik @ Apr 14 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Ahh my two favourite topics... movies and music smile.gif

Well besides an actual score (ie: Star Wars, The Godfather etc) there are so many that one could choose from. Obviously one of the best would have to be "Bohemian Rhapsody" in Wayne's World. Who among us has not rein-acted that scene once or twice smile.gif Celine Dion owned Titanic with My Heart Will Go On. And John Hughes had a knack for making a song stick to a movie. Movies like Ferris Bueller's Day off, The Breakfast Club and Pretty and Pink all have songs in them that whenever you hear them you can't NOT think of those movies (ie: Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds) I have a lot of favourites including the ones mentioned but I'll do a list of 10 that come to mind

10. Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley - Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing (It's a girl thing smile.gif )
9. Urge Overkill - Girl You'll be a Woman Soon from Pulp Fiction
8. Public Enemy - Fight the Power from Do the Right Thing
7. Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss a Thing from Armegeddon
6. Kenny Loggins - Footloose from Footloose
5. Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F from Beverly Hills Cop
4. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody from Ghost ( again It's a girl thing smile.gif )
3. Simon and Garfunkle - Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate
2. Elton John - Tiny Dancer from Almost Famous

and #1 for me is (warning for violence in video)

Steeler's Wheels - Stuck in the Middle With You

I can't hear this song without thinking of this scene and doing Michael Madsen's little dance LOL!! Tarantino is another great director that understands the impact a good well place song can have on a film. There are so many more I can mention...

rok

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2011, 12:27 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I love many songs featured in movies. One of my favorite ones is Power Of Love by Huey Lewis. I even did a cover of it smile.gif)

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 15 2011, 10:51 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Joe Cocker's "You can keep your hat on" and I'm sure I don't even have to mention the movie laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
Apr 15 2011, 10:57 AM
GMC Administrator
I really love "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" in Office Space.

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 15 2011, 11:55 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 14 2011, 08:19 PM) *
Killer reply ROKCHIK smile.gif

Thanks Todd smile.gif

I could go on and on with this topic LOL!! So many great songs... and don't even get me started on Disney movies and movie musicals LOL!! We'd be here all day.

This post has been edited by rokchik: Apr 15 2011, 11:56 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 16 2011, 10:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 15 2011, 10:51 AM) *
Joe Cocker's "You can keep your hat on" and I'm sure I don't even have to mention the movie laugh.gif

Haha.. no you don't have to mention the movie.. good call ! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Justin Myrick @ Apr 15 2011, 10:57 AM) *
I really love "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" in Office Space.

Haha, I've only seen that movie once many moons ago but is it the bit I'm thinknig of with the geeky office worker (who happens to be called Michael Bolton) listening to Gangsta rap in his car, who suddenly has to turn it down ? laugh.gif

I think one movie in particular has so many songs that have stood out that always remind the listener of the movie in question:

This one's annoying, but we all know it:

This even got used as the main them to Radio 1:

And perhaps the most well known:

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 17 2011, 06:26 PM
Instructor
This is a cool song out of "Pulp Fiction" smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
El Marto
Apr 17 2011, 11:07 PM
GMC:er
Quentin Tarantino sure knows which songs he should choose for his movies.

Here is another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqDwnT_HSXg

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:52 PM