5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Yngwie Malmsteen Collaboration, come on shredders sign up :)
coffeeman
Mar 26 2009, 04:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey emir,

I've been jaming over the backing and Im going to give it a try if its possible.

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 26 2009, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 26 2009, 03:04 PM) *
Hey emir,

I've been jaming over the backing and Im going to give it a try if its possible.

Thanks.

Sure smile.gif 2 days left

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Mar 26 2009, 04:30 PM
GMC:er
Hi

I´ve been trying to record using a mono track, but if I use mono, the the sound gets very bad, like it´s coming from far away in a large hall. But the sound is great using stereo. Is it something I can fix, I´m using Sonar 8 Producer.

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 26 2009, 05:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gilmore @ Mar 26 2009, 03:30 PM) *
Hi

I´ve been trying to record using a mono track, but if I use mono, the the sound gets very bad, like it´s coming from far away in a large hall. But the sound is great using stereo. Is it something I can fix, I´m using Sonar 8 Producer.

There is something else wrong with your export because mono track should sound the same but the same on both speakers. If you don't fix it then export stereo and it will be fine.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 27 2009, 01:38 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I am sorry, but I am not sure, I will be able to participate.. I have some kind of deppresive week and I got feeling I cant play to save my life and that I cant play at all...

I will try my best to produce something listenable, but I doubt everything after those last days:D My excuses sad.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 27 2009, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 27 2009, 12:38 PM) *
I am sorry, but I am not sure, I will be able to participate.. I have some kind of deppresive week and I got feeling I cant play to save my life and that I cant play at all...

I will try my best to produce something listenable, but I doubt everything after those last days:D My excuses sad.gif

If I don't receive a reasonable number by tomorrow I might extend the deadline for a couple of more days. Does that help? And come on man, what's the reason for your depression? Wine, women and song, nothing better than that smile.gif ROCK ON!!!

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 27 2009, 02:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 27 2009, 01:42 PM) *
If I don't receive a reasonable number by tomorrow I might extend the deadline for a couple of more days. Does that help? And come on man, what's the reason for your depression? Wine, women and song, nothing better than that smile.gif ROCK ON!!!

A couple of more days would help me Emir. I basically have what I want to play...but a couple of more days to get it under my fingers would be great. If not I'll give you the best I got!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 27 2009, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 27 2009, 01:01 PM) *
A couple of more days would help me Emir. I basically have what I want to play...but a couple of more days to get it under my fingers would be great. If not I'll give you the best I got!!! smile.gif

Right smile.gif

Everyone, feel free to upload by the end of the month. I hope that helps

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
kjutte
Mar 27 2009, 03:13 PM
It's called phrygian dominant because it's a phrygian scale with maj3 (a dominant chord has R 3 5 m7)

This post has been edited by kjutte: Mar 27 2009, 03:57 PM

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 27 2009, 03:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Emir, I'm not sure whether I'm going to make it, so please don't whait for me!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 27 2009, 04:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Emir.....I am working on this solo and I am having problems with finding good landing notes, especially over E5. It seems like I am always landing on G# to get that neoclassical sound. Am I missing something here? I know there are no rules other than try to land on chord tones or tensions but I am starting to sound redundant.

BTW, I am having a lot of fun with this one....this style is starting to grow on me. biggrin.gif Thanks for the few extra days.....I hope I can deliver something you enjoy hearing!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 27 2009, 05:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kjutte @ Mar 27 2009, 02:13 PM) *
It's called phrygian dominant because it's a phrygian scale with maj3 (a dominant chord has R 3 5 m7)

Correct smile.gif

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 27 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Hey Emir, I'm not sure whether I'm going to make it, so please don't whait for me!!

Well thanks for trying, you're always welcome smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 27 2009, 03:49 PM) *
Emir.....I am working on this solo and I am having problems with finding good landing notes, especially over E5. It seems like I am always landing on G# to get that neoclassical sound. Am I missing something here? I know there are no rules other than try to land on chord tones or tensions but I am starting to sound redundant.

BTW, I am having a lot of fun with this one....this style is starting to grow on me. biggrin.gif Thanks for the few extra days.....I hope I can deliver something you enjoy hearing!! smile.gif

G# is fine. Either that, or root and sometimes 5th also works smile.gif No rules there but decide yourself which note is stronger to you and play it, no need to worry too much smile.gif I know you're a great player.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
enforcer
Mar 27 2009, 07:04 PM
Emir can I send my take on monday? I am really busy these days on personal and band matters, and tomorrow I got a flight out of town (actually 800 kms away) and tonight a gig. If its not possible I may not be able to send my take sad.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 27 2009, 07:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (enforcer @ Mar 27 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Emir can I send my take on monday? I am really busy these days on personal and band matters, and tomorrow I got a flight out of town (actually 800 kms away) and tonight a gig. If its not possible I may not be able to send my take sad.gif

He gave us until Tuesday Can. smile.gif Have fun going out of town and be safe!!

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
Mar 27 2009, 09:56 PM
Emir sorry if im too late but i broke a string and am also taking it to a shop to change pickup and string gauge so I dont know if i can turn it in

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Mar 28 2009, 01:13 AM
Flamenco Instructor
Hi Emir. At last moment but.. I want to collaborate!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 31 2009, 10:11 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Sorry Emir- went to do my take tonight but i've ran into some problems on my pc. I do all my recording on XP because vista doesn't like using my pandora px5d as the input/output when using reaper. For some reason today on xp all the sounds i play through my pandora as the soundcard sound all fuzzy and distorted- its literally disgusting. I've tried countless times to reinstall drivers but i keep running into this problem, but only when i use my pandora (which i need to record).
I've tried to lay something down but its impossible to monitor my take or what i'm actually supposed to be soloing over- sorry for the let down, looks like i'll be burning the midnight oil tonight.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 31 2009, 11:19 PM
Instructor
Well I am thinking to mix 2 groups again. So while I am mixing the 1st one in the morning (1st April) then you can send until afternoon if any of you manages to get something done. If not, thanks for trying and next time I will make some easier backing smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 31 2009, 11:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 31 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Well I am thinking to mix 2 groups again. So while I am mixing the 1st one in the morning (1st April) then you can send until afternoon if any of you manages to get something done. If not, thanks for trying and next time I will make some easier backing smile.gif

This was a fun collab Emir. You have done a ballad, boogie and now neoclassical.....next up should be a Vai/Satch type backing. tongue.gif laugh.gif Thanks for the effort Emir....your collabs always rock!!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 31 2009, 11:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 31 2009, 11:22 PM) *
This was a fun collab Emir. You have done a ballad, boogie and now neoclassical.....next up should be a Vai/Satch type backing. tongue.gif laugh.gif Thanks for the effort Emir....your collabs always rock!!

Cheers Monte smile.gif

I would like to explain something and hear everyone's opinion about this. In my opinion the point of these collabs is that people get familiar with new stuff regardless of their current level or theory knowledge. I can make some easy backing and say "everyone play minor pentatonic" and I would have 30 participants smile.gif But the point is to get them out of pentatonics and learn something new. Doesn't matter if I hear some mistakes, everyone makes them smile.gif I can do some Satriani type of backing and see what happens. The problem comes when I say what scales I want you to use. Then people get scared or I don't know how to describe, but I am always getting less and less takes as they are not comfortable with it and they don't want to fight for learning more. The collabs are the way to learn stuff and have fun. You can learn about recording techniques, about new scales, new approach etc... I think people should have a go anyway. This is like a private instructor is talking to them and trying to fix the weak points and lead them the right way. I am really sorry I didn't get many takes on this one but let's see next time for the Satriani backing as Monte suggested smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:02 PM