The Blues
Jamesito
Feb 26 2008, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
Hey Ivan,

I decided to move the conversation we had the other day to your part of the forum as I don´t want to annoy anyone wih repeat posts on the same subject. I´m happy to say I think the Marshall amp is set up ok for the blues, about 2 drive, 5 contour, 8 treble and about 4 bass. Unfortunatly my les paul likes to overdrive the amp whenever possible... which can make the blues sound like hard rock sometimes... Before I was using the Bridge pickup only and the sound was a little flat, I changed to use both pickups and the sound has a little more bite to it, and is a little more in tone with BB King style blues...

Which pickup would you reccomend using for the blues? I only have 2 almico classic humbuckes, although I will be upgrading tommorow to EMG H3´s as I got a good deal on some second hand ones. HAve you ever tried the EMG H3? I cannot find many reviews on the internet so i don´t know what i have bought tongue.gif o well.

Jamesito

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 26 2008, 09:04 PM
Instructor
Hey man, glad to see you here, and glad because you found a good blues settings on your amp! smile.gif
I haven't tried those pickups (EMG H3), so I really don't know, but if you're after BB's tone you might like the bridge pickup more. If you got them in a good deal that's great man, I hope they play great, they should, the question is if they play good for you. One way to find out - put them in the guitar and rock! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Feb 27 2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah I got both for like 45 Euros which is very good, I couldent throw away the opportunity as they should be better than the standard ones, I will send you a picture of the guitar when there installed, it´s gonna look soo gothic lol... o well. Yeah i agree the only way i will know how they sound. I will record a mixture of your BB king and blues licks with both sets of pickups and hopefully there should be a diference... The H3´s I know are passive so they shoud have a warmer sound like fender... but we will see... it isen´t never gonna sound like lucielle!!! lol tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 27 2008, 08:10 PM
Instructor
Hey man, one question - those H3 pickups, are they hums or single?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Feb 27 2008, 09:04 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 27 2008, 07:10 PM) *
Hey man, one question - those H3 pickups, are they hums or single?

two Humbuckers they are passive i believe!

James

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 28 2008, 01:51 AM
Instructor
Wow, that's pretty cool! You'll get some good overdrive tone for sure! Congrats smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:37 AM