The Broken Sword
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 6 2012, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Well, had to share this one with you guys... smile.gif Due to hard sparring, last evening's training session ended up with the result below:

I am currently searching for a serious wood type so I can buy a bokken (wooden practice sword) strong enough to withstand heavy sparring and during this research, I have found a particularly interesting link, which deals with a great variety of wood. Thought I'd share it too, as this is valuable info for anyone wanting to know what's what with wood smile.gif ->Wood types<-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Nov 6 2012, 09:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 6 2012, 11:13 AM
Instructor
Damn, that's annoying. Any possibility of glueing it back on with wood glue ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 6 2012, 11:20 AM
GMC:er
I thought you're gonna write about Broken Sword game wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 6 2012, 11:52 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
that happens tongue.gif

i would prefer white ash its not that heavy and helps you more to concentrate on your movements

and feel the energy in it .

When direct hard contact happens - what always could be - the weaker part breaks on weapon or body

so it is the most important part to get into the feeling and learn how to steer the energy of movement and contact.

Art of breathing at first and being in your heart not in the head you can reach into a kind of slow motion effect

and see the attack and act more relaxed.

Its just an Idea from my own little experience - but without weapon .

Have a good time Cosmin you are on a good way smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 6 2012, 03:30 PM
Instructor
ohh bad news mate. I saw this pic at your facebook. So it's time for a more professional sword...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
K1R
Nov 6 2012, 03:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Breaking a sword can be very annoying.. When I did fencing it was a real problem. Blades were quite costly but did broke eventually, sometimes after a few weeks, sometimes after a few months. I good thing was that when I grew up enough I was allowed to use a blade of another metall which was a bit havier and much more durable. Also, blades broke less the more experienced and technical you get, though I'm not sure if it is the same for Kendo smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 7 2012, 01:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 6 2012, 09:08 AM) *
Well, had to share this one with you guys... smile.gif Due to hard sparring, last evening's training session ended up with the result below:

I am currently searching for a serious wood type so I can buy a bokken (wooden practice sword) strong enough to withstand heavy sparring and during this research, I have found a particularly interesting link, which deals with a great variety of wood. Thought I'd share it too, as this is valuable info for anyone wanting to know what's what with wood smile.gif ->Wood types<-

gorilla glue it or epoxy , then wrap it up with masking tape , as soon as the glue cures - take off the tape and you will be good, if done properly your glue joint should hold better than the wood, have actually done this with my ten lbs. sledge hammer

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 7 2012, 01:52 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2012, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 7 2012, 12:48 AM) *
gorilla glue it or epoxy , then wrap it up with masking tape , as soon as the glue cures - take off the tape and you will be good, if done properly your glue joint should hold better than the wood, have actually done this with my ten lbs. sledge hammer

Thanks man! I will try it!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 7 2012, 10:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 7 2012, 12:48 AM) *

You broke a sledge hammer ?? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 7 2012, 01:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 7 2012, 10:13 AM) *
You broke a sledge hammer ?? biggrin.gif

I was taking some steam out on my hellraiser , hit it with the sledge and it broke the handle, that is one though guitar

okay it was not the glamorous. I was driving stakes into the ground and missed the stake and caught it with the handle

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 7 2012, 02:08 PM
GMC:er
U were hammering Beef Stakes? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 7 2012, 07:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 7 2012, 12:34 PM) *
okay it was not the glamorous. I was driving stakes into the ground and missed the stake and caught it with the handle

Oh.. good job it wasn't your hand that connected with the stake !!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 7 2012, 01:08 PM) *
U were hammering Beef Stakes? tongue.gif

If you buy the cheap stuff it needs a good beating !!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 8 2012, 01:21 PM
Instructor
The randomness strikes again! laugh.gif A broken sword and steak? laugh.gif Well, bringing it back biggrin.gif I think this one should be the good choice, although I used it last Tuesday and it feels darn heavy...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:28 PM