Art/transmedia Projects, A place for sharing various things I'm working on currently.
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2011, 11:32 AM
GMC:er
I got in to doing "Digital Art" a bit back and started doing a recurring series called PAINTING WITH LIGHT. Essentially, using light and an over exposed shutter angle to get interesting images. I'm currently on VOLUME 5. Here is the first pic of the series.

*High Res Version on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/primalscene/5...57625908497330/

*Preview Version
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 5 2011, 01:30 PM
Instructor
That looks cool Todd.. I can see what looks like several rows of pointy teeth in the blue section wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 5 2011, 01:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Looks great Todd smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2011, 08:10 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 5 2011, 07:30 AM) *
That looks cool Todd.. I can see what looks like several rows of pointy teeth in the blue section wink.gif

Thanks smile.gif Oddly enough that's something I saw in it as well, almost like the mouth on ALIEN. Great minds!

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 5 2011, 07:56 AM) *
Looks great Todd smile.gif smile.gif

Thanks for checking it out wink.gif These are loads of fun to make.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 7 2011, 08:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 7 2011, 08:09 PM) *
Thanks smile.gif Oddly enough that's something I saw in it as well, almost like the mouth on ALIEN. Great minds!

Yes, that's just it ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2011, 08:29 PM
SECOND PIC (PAINTING WITH LIGHT Vol. 5)

Here is the second piece for this series. It's also something I've been using as a Cover Graphic for our Ascension Paradox song with our QUADRIUM project. Enjoy!

Here is the link to the Super Hi Res Verison
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 7 2011, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 7 2011, 09:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 7 2011, 09:29 PM) *
SECOND PIC (PAINTING WITH LIGHT Vol. 5)

Here is the second piece for this series. It's also something I've been using as a Cover Graphic for our Ascension Paradox song with our QUADRIUM project. Enjoy!

Here is the link to the Super Hi Res Verison
http://www.flickr.com/photos/taps7734/2822970249/

Attached Image

Really interesting Todd , but I don't understand .... Who's Alison, in that link?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2011, 09:13 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 7 2011, 03:03 PM) *
Really interesting Todd , but I don't understand .... Who's Alison, in that link?

Sorry about that, wrong link! That's a gal from DRAGON CON a big convention they have here in Atlanta every summer.

Here is the right link.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2011, 12:49 PM
PAINTING WITH LIGHT 5 (Full Set is up)

My most recent "Painting With Light" experimental pic set is up. It's all Creative Commons license so feel free to snag any pix you like and use them for whatever you need/want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/primalscene/s...ith/5772517414/

Attached Image

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 17 2011, 12:51 PM

+Quote Post
K1R
Jun 17 2011, 01:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
This is very intresting. I especially liked the one with numbers, Time Blender smile.gif How do you do this? Do you photo moving light in the dark?

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2011, 02:02 AM
QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 17 2011, 07:06 AM) *
This is very intresting. I especially liked the one with numbers, Time Blender smile.gif How do you do this? Do you photo moving light in the dark?

Thanks wink.gif I started experimenting with various techniques during Painting With Light Vol. 1. It boils down to opening up the shutter on your camera and moving the camera around. Most digital cameras will let you over ride the default/automatic settings which is what you need to be able to do in order to make these types of pics.

You could probably do most of this just using photoshop and some plugins. But I"ve been more impressed with the results of doing it "In Camera". If you have a digital camera, check the user manual or google it, and find out how you can "Open up the shutter". These are a blast to make. Don't worry about making some, or lots, that don't work. For every 100 I make, I keep about 5.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 18 2011, 03:03 AM
Learning Roadie
I used to do this sort of thing, Todd. It's loads of fun! But I didn't have a very slow shutter.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2011, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 17 2011, 09:03 PM) *
I used to do this sort of thing, Todd. It's loads of fun! But I didn't have a very slow shutter.

It's much tougher without a slow shutter speed. I actually started out by moving what was giving off light and putting the camera on a tripod. That was a HUGE pain in neck and didn't look any better so I flipped it. I left the lights still and moved the camera. Much better smile.gif

If you make some at any point, please do share! wink.gif

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:11 AM