Tjchep
Nov 9 2008, 05:13 AM
GMC:er
Is everyone so much better than me!! tongue.gif

Seriously this guy is great!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQA24I3lX4...feature=related

tj

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SensE
Nov 9 2008, 05:27 AM
Jan Cyrka !? Who is he? I think I need to check him out. Good music out there. He is better than me too. So..don't worry too much, you are fine tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 9 2008, 05:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dude you can't be for real!! smile.gif You could kick butt on this backing track!

You are 1 of the best players here (non instructors) , well besides me laugh.gif biggrin.gif

You could take this backing track and shread all over it smile.gif Just my thought.

See ya!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Nov 9 2008, 05:49 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 9 2008, 05:45 AM) *
Dude you can't be for real!! smile.gif You could kick butt on this backing track!

You are 1 of the best players here (non instructors) , well besides me laugh.gif biggrin.gif

You could take this backing track and shread all over it smile.gif Just my thought.

See ya!

Well, that was a quite flattering remark. Thanks man, not that I'd agree tongue.gif but anyways!

This dude is still a monster player.

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Nov 9 2008, 05:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 9 2008, 05:51 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yes he is?

Is it you?

We could take him down laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Nov 9 2008, 05:55 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 9 2008, 05:51 AM) *
Yes he is?

Is it you?

We could take him down laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are such a wise guy, do you know that? haha smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 9 2008, 06:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
smile.gif smile.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 9 2008, 07:03 AM
Instructor
I heard you on the other topic and I think you can play like this guy. Nothing really that I found much better than your playing. His guitar and sound are cool though.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Nov 9 2008, 07:08 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 9 2008, 07:03 AM) *
I heard you on the other topic and I think you can play like this guy. Nothing really that I found much better than your playing. His guitar and sound are cool though.

Haha, On a technical level, I could play this yeah. But I couldn't improvise/write this at the point i'm at right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 9 2008, 07:30 AM
Instructor
He is only playing 1 scale. And I don't think this is improvised. This is written. You'll get there mate, just don't give up.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Nov 9 2008, 07:47 AM
I think it's all to do with the grey in his beard....

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Nov 9 2008, 07:49 AM
Instructor
Guitar and music in general is an art form and shouldn't be about who's better!
It's all about expressing yourself on your instrument. People and players will either like it or not, nothing you can do about that. Just keep motivated and technically able to express whatever you want on the guitar to the best of your ability...shred or soul!

Jan Is an awesome player. I also guess that this is written and not improvised. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Nov 9 2008, 09:50 AM
Singing Instructor
I agree with Emir,just practice and be patient.

p.s is it me.or that guy from the video did not make one vibrato or bending with his left hand,everything was floyd rose.smile.gif

hehe,never mind.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 9 2008, 10:03 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
His phrasing.. I wanna play like him!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 9 2008, 10:41 AM
Learning Rock Star
That song is really beautiful and very simple. I could give it a try. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 9 2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah Tjchep.

Just keep up with your good work. And as Emir said, this is good but you definitely can do better on your own.

It's cool that you are humble about your playing. Keep that. wink.gif
But to be fair, everytime you are on a collab I keep waiting for your takes

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Canis
Nov 9 2008, 11:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow, this guy is awesome biggrin.gif

And you kick ass as well! You definetly play better then me tongue.gif
I love all of your youtube videos ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 10 2008, 10:29 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This doesn't seem to be improvised and I'm sure you would be able to play something similar if you invested some time in composing an instrumental tune.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 10 2008, 10:50 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Nov 9 2008, 04:13 AM) *
Is everyone so much better than me!! tongue.gif

Seriously this guy is great!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQA24I3lX4...feature=related

tj

Hey man don't be too hard on yourself you're a good player I've heard your contributions on the collabs...you're good!

We all have days where we feel we're no good....I've had plenty dry.gif . Just enjoy your playing progress will come naturally.

The solo the guy plays is fairly basic, sure great tone and well played. I'm sure the instructors on here could do something more exotic!

He's prob twice your age so experience has a lot to do with it. I don't find improvising easy at all and I've spent many hours trying to come up with a good take for the collabs I've done with varying degrees of sucess.

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Nov 10 2008, 10:54 AM

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Nov 10 2008, 02:40 PM
Cool playing minus his whammy vibrato that sounds pooish to me, but what do I know haha...I think the fingers are ten times more expressive than a whammy.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:36 AM