2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Strong And The Weak
Trond Vold
Apr 1 2008, 01:14 AM
Instructor
Found this one in my old song archives, and thought it was kinda good.. needs some rework on the drums offcourse but what it needs most is lyrics.

Anyone up for writing some lyrics? smile.gif

(ignore the file in this post, updated version further down)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Apr 2 2008, 08:11 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  The_Strong_and_the_Weak.mp3 ( 6.49MB ) Number of downloads: 279

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Apr 1 2008, 01:21 AM
GMC:er
NICE!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Apr 1 2008, 02:33 AM
calling The Uncreator and his lyrical amazingness smile.gif nice song smile.gif.. its tank smile.gif i hear.. growling and epic screams

for examples

listen to INTO ETERNITY smile.gif
those are the vocals i hear smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 1 2008, 04:27 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice Trond! Really got the "Srtong and the Weak " vibe, (heavy grit your teeth i'm strong sound) to a more melodic ,(ok, i'm cool and feel weak for the moment sound.) IMO, with the right lyrics and vocals, this could sell quite a few copies! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 1 2008, 08:34 AM
Singing Instructor
Trond man as always...you ROCK!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 1 2008, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Thanks guys biggrin.gif

I'm a bit embarrased over this version though. I've been remixing it over the night and adding new drums and some solos. Will put up newer version later today if anyone is interested smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
DethKlok
Apr 1 2008, 10:52 AM
That is beyond amazing.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 1 2008, 11:16 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
That song is great Trond, I'll gladly write you some lyrics and anacondagrowl them on for you biggrin.gif

And good job naming your song for once, you always name them "!!, bla, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, a, jhjhjh" or something else that doesn't make sense laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Apr 1 2008, 11:57 AM
Trond.... I wanna make your kind of music.... aaaaaaah. When I hear these kind of songs I hear the things I like to think of. How do you build up your music? Where do you begin? With drums, guitar or bass?
Help me out here...

When I'm trying to make my music, I'll start different every time. But the music I made was simple (for my feelings) and I want to make more advanced music. But when I hear stuff like yours I don't know where to start. Help me out please!

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:
• Ibanez S5470 TKR Prestige
• Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Air Norton & Dimarzio Tone Zone
• Washburn D10SCE WALNUT DREADNOUGHT SOLID TOP
• Some kind of cheap Guitar...

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Edirol UA-25 24 bit/96 kHz USB Audio Capture
Edirol PC-50 MIDI Keyboard Controller
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 1 2008, 12:03 PM
Sounds awsome Trond, strong riffs and great atmosphere cool.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 1 2008, 12:10 PM
QUOTE (skipdaflip @ Apr 1 2008, 12:57 PM) *
Trond.... I wanna make your kind of music.... aaaaaaah. When I hear these kind of songs I hear the things I like to think of. How do you build up your music? Where do you begin? With drums, guitar or bass?
Help me out here...

When I'm trying to make my music, I'll start different every time. But the music I made was simple (for my feelings) and I want to make more advanced music. But when I hear stuff like yours I don't know where to start. Help me out please!

Well, usually (at least when me and Trond makes music together..) we start with the guitar riffs, then build the drums and the bassline at the end smile.gif
And possibly after that, we'll add other instruments, like Piano or strings or whatever smile.gif

I think, for the most part, this is how he works when recording alone as well.. (am I right?) smile.gif

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 1 2008, 12:32 PM
Instructor
The song is really nice, your sound is very good to me, I like the guitar! Keep on Trond!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Apr 1 2008, 12:53 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 1 2008, 01:10 PM) *
Well, usually (at least when me and Trond makes music together..) we start with the guitar riffs, then build the drums and the bassline at the end smile.gif
And possibly after that, we'll add other instruments, like Piano or strings or whatever smile.gif

I think, for the most part, this is how he works when recording alone as well.. (am I right?) smile.gif

I'll try this at home... Most of the songs I've made where started with piano and then drums and guitar. But I like to take it another way. So I'll try it your way now. Fingers crossed.

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 1 2008, 06:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (skipdaflip @ Apr 1 2008, 12:57 PM) *
Help me out here...

Audiopaal gave the right procedure smile.gif
I'll start by recording a guitartrack with an initial idea.. dont matter if there's error in the recording,
i'll just record something, and maybe add some spur of the momement ideas at the end.

Then i'll add drums and then jam a bit to what i have coming up with more ideas and record them.
After a while i have made a few sections, then i piece them together.
Then i lay down the drumtracks of the finished song, add bass and record the rhythm guitars.
After that is done, i will try to come up with solos and melodylines.

After that is done, i lay down piano, strings and similar.

But sometimes when adding solos, melodies and the synths, i can come up with different ideas.. so i might change
it around a bit and re-record rhythm guitars and drums where i see fit.

But in 99% of the cases the finished result is completely different to what the initial idea was smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 2 2008, 02:36 AM
Instructor
Ok.. here's a new version, fixed up the drums, bass and added some solos smile.gif 1 short and one longer with a more unusual approach.

Attached File  The_Strong_and_the_Weak_Redux.mp3 ( 6.48MB ) Number of downloads: 256

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Apr 2 2008, 08:40 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 1 2008, 07:52 PM) *
Audiopaal gave the right procedure smile.gif
I'll start by recording a guitartrack with an initial idea.. dont matter if there's error in the recording,
i'll just record something, and maybe add some spur of the momement ideas at the end.

Then i'll add drums and then jam a bit to what i have coming up with more ideas and record them.
After a while i have made a few sections, then i piece them together.
Then i lay down the drumtracks of the finished song, add bass and record the rhythm guitars.
After that is done, i will try to come up with solos and melodylines.

After that is done, i lay down piano, strings and similar.

But sometimes when adding solos, melodies and the synths, i can come up with different ideas.. so i might change
it around a bit and re-record rhythm guitars and drums where i see fit.

But in 99% of the cases the finished result is completely different to what the initial idea was smile.gif

Thnxz big time Trond. I will try this when I'm going to compose some music. I'll let you know if works out for me!

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 2 2008, 08:55 AM
QUOTE (skipdaflip @ Apr 2 2008, 09:40 AM) *
Thnxz big time Trond. I will try this when I'm going to compose some music. I'll let you know if works out for me!

Let me know too, I want to have a listen at your songs as well..
I really liked your first uploads, so do a few more when you're ready smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 8 2008, 05:39 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sounds awesome Trond, the riffs are powerfull and the solos cut through so well.

Really good job smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 8 2008, 05:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 8 2008, 06:39 PM) *
Sounds awesome Trond, the riffs are powerfull and the solos cut through so well.

Really good job smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif Good to hear

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
at lights end
Apr 8 2008, 05:55 PM
awesome, very tasty riffs in there and the solos sound great!

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:17 AM