Parker P-42
stratman33
Feb 7 2008, 09:41 PM
GMC:er
hey guys, im looking for a guitar around the 400-500 range, and ive come across the parker p-42.its a $460(USD) guitar, and i know some guys on here have parkers and im wondering what you think of it, and if you think it would be worth the money.Click here

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 7 2008, 09:56 PM
Learning Roadie
David, Kris and I each have more or less the same guitar, a nitefly SA. The p-42 differs in a few places from ours, or the nitefly-m (which would be the more comparable guitar to the p-42, priced the same as an -SA).

For one thing, the neck is not the same. You'd be getting an ebony fretboard instead of the composite ones we have. I like ebony though, but I can't say how this neck would feel. The frets are also nickel rather than steel (which is okay, the majority of guitar frets are nickel but steel is a little smoother). One of my favorite things about my nitefly is the neck, and a lot of that has to do with the material. Other than that the neck is probably pretty nice, ebony is nice and smooth.

I don't know much about the humbuckers you'd be getting. Mine has made-for-parker-by-dimarzio pickups in them, and while they're not perfect they're pretty good. Nitefly-M's have seymour duncan pickups.

Other differences are that I can't seem to confirm whether or not it has locking tuners, so it probably does not. It also doesn't have a tremolo (which I actually prefer, but thats up to you). Doesn't seem to have piezo either.

So those are the differences from the higher end parkers, but it is probably a very nice guitar in the price range, do you know where it's made?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 7 2008, 10:02 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 7 2008, 03:56 PM) *
do you know where it's made?

its made in korea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 7 2008, 10:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Feb 7 2008, 04:02 PM) *
its made in korea.

Yeah I figured it was either korea or japan, most guitars in that price range are. I'm sure it'll be of fine quality, schecters for example are made in korea.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 7 2008, 10:24 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 7 2008, 04:21 PM) *
Yeah I figured it was either korea or japan, most guitars in that price range are. I'm sure it'll be of fine quality, schecters for example are made in korea.

sweet then i think ill save up for this guitar then, thanks for the help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 8 2008, 02:12 PM
They are pretty good if you can't afford the higher range ones. I have a Parker Nitefly M which is the one just above the SA model in price but only by 100 pound. It is an awesome guitar and you can't go wrong with Parker guitars. I got the Nitefly M because I hate scratchplates. Look ugly.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 9 2008, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 8 2008, 08:12 AM) *
They are pretty good if you can't afford the higher range ones. I have a Parker Nitefly M which is the one just above the SA model in price but only by 100 pound. It is an awesome guitar and you can't go wrong with Parker guitars. I got the Nitefly M because I hate scratchplates. Look ugly.

thats good to know....and i also hate scratchplates guitars look so much better without them IMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:19 AM