Wolves In The Throne Room
Fsgdjv
Apr 12 2008, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
Today I got "Two Hunters" by Wolves in the Throne Room. It's their second record, but the first I've heard by them. ALl I can say is I was completely blown away, I still haven't gotten over the initian shock of hearing the record and I am listening to it over and over again. It's black metal, but I can't say that it sounds like super conventional black metal. If I had to describe them I'd say it's like Agalloch, but black metal. The album sounds very forest green. (If anyone else thinks of music in colours) Two tracks has female vocals on it, it's incredibly tastefully done and fits perfectly. Apparently their debut record is supposed to be even better, so I'm going to order it as soon as I get money.

I don't really know what to say, except wondering if anyone here likes them?

Here's the third track from the record, and one of the two with female vocals on it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0PYxFq5NN1g

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Apr 12 2008, 08:37 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 12 2008, 08:52 PM
Instructor
Didnt know they had a new one out!

I have their first album, and it's really really good. Unique, great and atmospheric blackmetal.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 06:06 AM