Pgm 301
somecrazyguy09
Mar 24 2008, 05:37 AM
GMC:er
paul gilbert it pretty much my favorite guitarist in the world and since i'm in the process of buying a new guitar i started thinking about buying his signature guitar the pgm301. i like the looks like the looks of the guitar especially since i love white guitars and his signature painted f-holes are awsome. however they dont just have them at any music stores nearby so i cant exactly try it out before buying it and since i just made the mistake of buying a guitar online without trying it out first i'm a little skeptic about making the same mistake twice. has anyone ever played a pgm model or have any info on them that might be helpful if so are they worth buying?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 24 2008, 05:40 AM
I've never tried one but they look great. Check out reviews and whatever on other sites like Harmony Central.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Mar 24 2008, 10:53 AM
I tried one out in a store once. Only for about 15 min so I can't give a great review.

From what I remember I loved the tone and the neck was quite fast (I'm used to very thin necks, so it was a little slower than what I normally play but faster than a Les Paul say).

The main thing that put me off about this guitar was its weight - it's really heavy!

Having said all that I still recommend that you wait until you can try it out first. It's not a cheap guitar and if anyone tells you it's amazing it's still only their opinion and might not feel right to you. Good excuse for a road trip?

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 24 2008, 10:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (somecrazyguy09 @ Mar 24 2008, 04:37 AM) *
paul gilbert it pretty much my favorite guitarist in the world and since i'm in the process of buying a new guitar i started thinking about buying his signature guitar the pgm301. i like the looks like the looks of the guitar especially since i love white guitars and his signature painted f-holes are awsome. however they dont just have them at any music stores nearby so i cant exactly try it out before buying it and since i just made the mistake of buying a guitar online without trying it out first i'm a little skeptic about making the same mistake twice. has anyone ever played a pgm model or have any info on them that might be helpful if so are they worth buying?

I am also in the process of chooseing a guitar, and I think im pretty much set on this guitar!! I havent tried it, but it seems to fit everything I need from a guitar.

I have been on the JEMSITE which is a guitar hardware site where they mainl discuss JEMS, but also Prestige guitars too. They all seem to think its a very versitle guitar, and that the Di Marzio PAF PRO pickups are pretty awsome!!

Also there is the fixed bridge, which means bags of sustain and no tuneing nightmares!

I just sold it to myself didnt I ? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:38 PM