2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Floydian Dreams Part Ii
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 4 2007, 05:38 PM
Moderation Policy Director
As in the previous thread of the same name, I got this backing track from bluesjam.com, and was messing about with it. Fretdancer inspired me to post my version - I didn't use their tab, I just did some improvisation, and tried to keep it not too David Gilmour-y - but a couple of his licks found their way in! It could do with a little cleaning up, I wasn't planning to post this yet, but what the heck!

(BTW I checked with Fretdancer before I posted this to make sure he was ok with it!)

Let me know what you think ...

Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Mar 4 2007, 06:33 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  DG.mp3 ( 3.24MB ) Number of downloads: 542

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Mar 4 2007, 05:46 PM
GMC:er
Hey Andrew

You aced me...that was you and not Mr Gilmour wasn't it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 4 2007, 05:47 PM
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Mar 4 2007, 11:46 AM) *
Hey Andrew

You aced me...that was you and not Mr Gilmour wasn't it?

I was channeling Dave all the way through that ... wait, he's not dead though smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Mar 4 2007, 05:49 PM
true, but he can retire now.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 4 2007, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Mar 4 2007, 11:49 AM) *
true, but he can retire now.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I am not worthy ....

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Pavel
Mar 4 2007, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Cool ambiental music for some restaurants or cafe's! hehe Nice sound there Andrew!

Can you please send me the backing track on this here e-mail?

[email protected]

If it's not a problem ofcourse.... would like to make my version of that tune so we can upload the same backing but with different leads!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Mar 5 2007, 07:49 PM
Very cool Andrew, Might add that one to my MP3 Player. Very comfortable sound and lots of feel. Kind a makes me want to kick back with a cold one and watch for little furry animals. LOL

But more seriously great job and sound. cool.gif

-leedbreak

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 5 2007, 10:48 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Mar 5 2007, 01:49 PM) *
Very cool Andrew, Might add that one to my MP3 Player. Very comfortable sound and lots of feel. Kind a makes me want to kick back with a cold one and watch for little furry animals. LOL

But more seriously great job and sound. cool.gif

-leedbreak

Thanks - glad you liked it!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Mar 6 2007, 01:45 AM
I agree with the "gilmorish" feel biggrin.gif
Nice job, I tell ya...the tone/feel are a great match, cool.gif I think thats what makes this one. You got a lot of soul in this, a lot of feeling. Nice recording

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Mar 9 2007, 02:50 AM
I didn't hear any part that needed cleaning up. Nice work!

Was that recorded with a strat, or your Variax?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 9 2007, 04:12 AM
PickNgrin : Thanks for your kind words, I had a great time playing it, the backing track really caught the mood for me, and I managed to get a great sound that really went with it after a little fiddling about.

radarlove : You're too kind :-) There were a couple of bum notes in there but its always a mistake to go back, you usually end up with something that's technically better, but fails to capture th original mood ! Tone-wise, It was my Variax, set on model "Spank-5" - Spank-5 is a classic '59 Strat set to the neck pickup, sounds more like a Strat than my real ('93) Strat Plus :-)

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Mar 9 2007, 04:14 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Mar 9 2007, 04:48 AM
Sounds great Andrew. I've been playing around with the same backing. I found it at http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list. Anyway all the legato sounded great. This is an awesome backing.

This post has been edited by chainsbroken: Mar 9 2007, 04:49 AM

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 9 2007, 05:43 PM
QUOTE (chainsbroken @ Mar 8 2007, 10:48 PM) *
Sounds great Andrew. I've been playing around with the same backing. I found it at http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list. Anyway all the legato sounded great. This is an awesome backing.

Thanks chains - that's a pretty good site for backing tracks thanks for the link!

Yeah, Legato is what I have been doing all these years without knowing it - it works well for this kind of thing I think. Of course my speedpicking still sucks smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Mar 10 2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah I have got alot of great backings on this site. If you go under JAM TRACKS it opens alot of blues and other slower backings. Dont feel bad. my speed picking still sucks to, but we will get there..

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
stratman33
Mar 11 2007, 01:40 AM
wow....that was spot on.not one sloppy note.that has a great tone to it.youre just a good guitarist, dude. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 11 2007, 04:01 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Mar 10 2007, 07:40 PM) *
wow....that was spot on.not one sloppy note.that has a great tone to it.youre just a good guitarist, dude. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
C.J
Mar 18 2007, 04:08 PM
great job andrew!.. lol think its goin into my ipod.
really nice tone too! been lookin for somethin nice an clean like urs for a while myself.

well done! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Sing. With your head up. With your eyels closed. Not because you love the song. But because you love to sing" - Copeland

+Quote Post
stratman33
Mar 19 2007, 03:54 AM
its fine if you dont want to,but i'd really like to learn that song.i was wondering if you could give me a tab for it?i understand why you wouldnt if you dont want to but if you will i'd like to see the tab for it.thanks! smile.gif

This post has been edited by stratman33: Mar 19 2007, 03:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 19 2007, 01:51 PM
QUOTE (C.J @ Mar 18 2007, 11:08 AM) *
great job andrew!.. lol think its goin into my ipod.
really nice tone too! been lookin for somethin nice an clean like urs for a while myself.

well done! biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot CJ, I'm really pleased you enjoyed it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (stratman33 @ Mar 18 2007, 10:54 PM) *
its fine if you dont want to,but i'd really like to learn that song.i was wondering if you could give me a tab for it?i understand why you wouldnt if you dont want to but if you will i'd like to see the tab for it.thanks! smile.gif

Hey stratman, I'm flattered! Sure I'll put a tab together for it, it might take me a little while, heck maybe I'll even post a video lesson to the aspiring instructors board if enough people are interested ... but I'll definitely do the tab for you, just give me a week or so!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Mar 19 2007, 01:53 PM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
stratman33
Mar 19 2007, 09:31 PM
thanks Andrew!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:44 AM