A Version Of Hope By Crazyfret, Trying to play a 6 string like a 12 string
Crazyfret
Feb 12 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Appolgies to Rush fans for this. unsure.gif

Been experimenting with an open D tuning and trying to learn the instrumental Hope as played by Alex Lifeson of Rush.

Here's what I've come up with so far, its a little rough around the edges and I need a bit more practice imho rolleyes.gif

Attached File  Hope.mp3 ( 2.22MB ) Number of downloads: 356

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Feb 12 2008, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Feb 11 2008, 06:10 PM) *
Appolgies to Rush fans for this. unsure.gif

Been experimenting with an open D tuning and trying to learn the instrumental Hope as played by Alex Lifeson of Rush.

Here's what I've come up with so far, its a little rough around the edges and I need a bit more practice imho rolleyes.gif

Attached File  Hope.mp3 ( 2.22MB ) Number of downloads: 356

That really sounded great I love it!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I want to learn how to play that now... sounded just amazing! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 12 2008, 01:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Feb 12 2008, 12:15 AM) *
That really sounded great I love it!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I want to learn how to play that now... sounded just amazing! wink.gif

Cheers man smile.gif

I agree it is a nice song to play.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 12 2008, 05:12 PM
Great playing man, I havn't heard the original song so I can't point out any mistakes but it sounds very good!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 13 2008, 03:17 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Iluha @ Feb 12 2008, 04:12 PM) *
Great playing man, I havn't heard the original song so I can't point out any mistakes but it sounds very good!

Oh you will when you hear the original!

I'll keep on practicing it tho so I should get better smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 13 2008, 11:08 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
It sounded nice Crazyfret .. thumbs up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 14 2008, 05:17 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (visi0n @ Feb 13 2008, 10:08 PM) *
It sounded nice Crazyfret .. thumbs up!

Thanks Vision smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 14 2008, 09:22 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Pretty cool man, nice job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 14 2008, 11:44 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow really good playing here !! Everything is spot on and sound is great too! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 15 2008, 03:56 AM
Wow man, you're a really good guitar player smile.gif that sounded great keep it up smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 15 2008, 01:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Well thank you all for your kind comments smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2008, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Great playing Crazyfret, I can definitely hear improvement in your playing. Keep rockin man smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:11 PM