Goal With Guitar
GuitarDude
May 9 2007, 06:40 PM
GMC:er
If you have a goal with your guitar playing Tell me!

btw my goal right now is to be able to play scarified by Paul Gilbert tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
mattacuk
May 9 2007, 07:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (GuitarDude @ May 9 2007, 06:40 PM) *

btw my goal right now is to be able to play scarified by Paul Gilbert tongue.gif

Good goal! I will be awaiting your video! biggrin.gif My Goal is to obtain as much enjoyment as possible from playing. I would like to perform on stage.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kaneda
May 9 2007, 08:03 PM
Other side of the coin
My goal is to be more useful than just singing and playing the occassional piano/keyboard in my band tongue.gif

And have more fun than 20 years of playing classical piano gave me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 9 2007, 08:30 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Simply to have fun. Along the way there's a lot of short term goals which usualy for me is to learn a certain song.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 9 2007, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (GuitarDude @ May 9 2007, 05:40 PM) *

I've kinda fallen off the bandwagon for trying to work out songs for now. Being a newbie, I started working on Back in Black, but I don't have the reach so that's on the shelf for now. I never wanted to be one of those guys that can bang out the first 10 seconds of a hundred different songs. There's about a dozen different easier songs that I find myself wanting to try, but i'm not going to do it.

I'm working on my hand strength and control right now. I'm doing hammer-on/pull-off exercises, doing some of the reach/strength exercises from the petrucci video and working on Pavel's Alternate Picking lessons. My current short goal is to get my hands to do what I want within reason, so that when I try to learn a song I'm not fighting with the mechanics of forming notes on the guitar like I do now.

Longer term, I don't know yet. Broadly speaking, I'd like to be comfortable with just picking up a guitar and playing....thinking of something and being able to bring it out of the instrument. Not a good goal as it's kinda vague, but I'm not at the point where I can look that far out yet.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
stratman33
May 10 2007, 11:46 PM
my goal is to make my band good.we're still new to playing together, so its hard and we're not making to much progress.but the band consists of kids, not teens or adults.im 12, drummers 11, bass 13, and rythm guitar is only 8 LOL(we were desperate).so ya, my goal is for me and my band to become good at jamming together.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 10 2007, 11:55 PM
Live off the guitar..because guitar is life..and there is nothign else

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
guitargod
May 11 2007, 08:48 AM
my goal is actually to reach the highest level in my guitar grading exam which is grade8, i am studying at yamaha guitar school, so that is my goal for my guitar....

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 11 2007, 08:52 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ May 11 2007, 12:46 AM) *
and rythm guitar is only 8 LOL(we were desperate)

haha! This made me really laugh out loud
I feel your pain biggrin.gif

No disrespect to the 8 year old, but because of the "desperate" comment.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 11 2007, 08:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 11 2007, 12:55 AM) *
Live off the guitar..because guitar is life..and there is nothign else

Same here....

..AND..

Did i ever mentioned MASTERING guitar??? biggrin.gif

Yeah well those are probably my goals and get on stage eventually.....

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Rock
May 14 2007, 04:16 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 11 2007, 08:58 AM) *
Same here....

..AND..

Dude, you should be on stage now. you're friggin awesome! If I were as good as you, I would be playing gigs regularly.

+Quote Post
Marcus
May 14 2007, 05:09 PM
My goal is to have fun and learn/improve my technique. You can have even more fun when you can play really crazy stuff right? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 14 2007, 05:23 PM
I'd say to fullfill the dream of becoming a pro and more important to keep the fun by playing!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
May 14 2007, 06:37 PM
I'm with mattacuk. A while back I came across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdCdoPvx_ok, and it completely blew my mind. Right there I said to myself, I want to do that. I want to get up on the stage at my local bar during open mic, and just rock out like that. That would bring me the greatest pleasure smile.gif

Boris

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 19 2007, 06:34 AM
I play guitar for the enjoyment of music, not because I plan to be a star one day like Johnson or Vai or something. I feel that having a goal in playing, or real life, is worthless because your giving yourself a path, I like to find my own path as I go along the road. May sound stupid but I see it as having your parents set your life goals at a young age.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
kahall
May 19 2007, 10:42 PM
Learning Roadie
I had to have something to keep me out of trouble. Since I have always wanted to play the guitar I figured I could focus all my energy, good and bad on one thing and so far it has worked. The guitar is really all I want to do now, but I really do not have any long term goals other than to be able to play and not have it sound like crapola.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 20 2007, 12:59 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 11 2007, 02:58 AM) *
Same here....

..AND..

haha yea i guess i forgot that part..thats a must...i have to before i die biggrin.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 20 2007, 02:53 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This is my current Goal....

Muhammad Suicmez - Fermented Offal Discharge Solo

I just want to learn the whole thing, i know alot of it now, and once i can play the whole thing through by memory, and have it down clean, im gonna spend like uh....probably a year or so speeding it up gradually, since its full of arpeggios, tapping, and legato, im getting excellent practice.

Just wish i could play it up to his speed dry.gif

Someday i will.....far far away.....

+Quote Post
Robwylde
May 20 2007, 03:38 AM
First of Pavel you need to be playing live. You're way to good to not be entertaining others!!!! My goal is to be able to improvise in my church's worship music with lick's and solos. It hasn't been easy for me to apply the leassons learned @ GMC to real music. With practice I will conquer!

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 20 2007, 09:46 AM
Instructor
Thanks guys! I just live in a friggin' wrong country! But i plan to move the hell outta here so hopefully it will happen in 2-3 years! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:33 PM