Fender Guitarist Looking To Beef Up His Arsenal, Ibanez shows me the light
Stratman58
Jul 23 2007, 02:12 AM
GMC:er
Good day mates,
All my guitar career i've typically played Fender guitars. My only stretch really has been with a G&L guitar that I love, however it's basically a strat as well. My standard strat is definitely a great versatile guitar, however, it's pickups are nowhere as hot as ones I have tested in the RG ibanez series.

I've stopped in the guitar center time to time, however I never had much time to really sit down and really experience an Ibanez RG. I have played a few however, and can say that I can pretty much pick up a harmonic anywhere I want on one, they are fast to play, and the electronics seem great (very low feedback hum).

With many Ibanez users here, I can't think of a better unbiased forum to ask for help. Here are my basic questions... (some of which I may think I know the answer, but want to hear the answer again!)

1. What is the basic between the RG's and the RG prestige's apart from the $300 price difference?

2. What is it about their pickups that allow me to get cleaner, more precise harmonics (natural and pinch)?

3. (This probably relates to the RG and RG prestige question but...) Is it worth it to pick up an Ibanez equipped with Dimarzio's, or do the INF3's and IBZ or other standard pickups serve fine? (I've never had experience with 3rd party pickups, I just use whatever the guitar comes with...)

4. Anything else you can mention about Ibanez guitars that will help me to buy one smile.gif

I have to say as well, and this is probably the biggest thing. I HAVE played RG's, and they are definitely different from strat's, but I like them, I really do! I definitely want one for my metal guitar choice.

So If anyone can let in the world of Ibanez 101, it'd be appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 23 2007, 02:55 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
1. What is the basic between the RG's and the RG prestige's apart from the $300 price difference?
RG's are obvioulsy more affordable, and RG Prestige usually has better hardware, different necks, pickups ect. Although a normal RG Is just as good as any prestige. (to me atleast)

2. What is it about their pickups that allow me to get cleaner, more precise harmonics (natural and pinch)?
Well, RG's (especially one with Dimarzios) have a higher output which allows them to sustain higher notes louder, cleaner, and for longer periods of time.

3. (This probably relates to the RG and RG prestige question but...) Is it worth it to pick up an Ibanez equipped with Dimarzio's, or do the INF3's and IBZ or other standard pickups serve fine? (I've never had experience with 3rd party pickups, I just use whatever the guitar comes with...)
I use the Infintiy S3 And S4's, and they are teh best stock pickups ive ever played, very versatile sound range. they get the job more than done. BUT, Dimarzios are better, im saving up for some myslef. But INS3 and S4's are fantastic stock pickups.

4. Anything else you can mention about Ibanez guitars that will help me to buy
If you save up for one, and invest in an RG And/or RG Prestige, they will last you forever. and they lend themselves to customization very well.

Dont know if this helps, here is my Review on my Ibanez, The RG35OMDX.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=4485&st=0

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
atomix1337
Jul 23 2007, 06:04 AM
GMC:er
Sig Test tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Ibanez VBT700BK, Ibanez RG270 Custom Painted (JB/Jazz pups), Strat Knockoff, Marshall V8080, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss MT-2, Boss CH-1 Chorus, Korg AX1G MultiFX.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:30 PM