Crossroads Interesting Facts, Plus some Arlen Roth originals from the film
Phil66
Aug 15 2021, 08:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I loved this film and still do.

Here are 10 interesting facts about it.

https://youtu.be/K4MA2kGRbQQ

Originally Arlen Roth was supposed to play Jack Butler, not Mr Vai. The cutting heads dual was recorded but it never went ahead.

https://soundcloud.com/arlen-roth/crossroads-ist-original-main-duel-arlen-roth-and-ry-cooder-1985

There are other interesting links in the notes for the YT film.

Enjoy cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 16 2021, 02:55 AM
GMC:er
One of my fave guitar movies of all time smile.gif Thanks for the share! Some very good bits in there that i didn't know. This guitar duel has become legendary. It's got that spiff neoclassical bit in the middle that stumps vai. As movies go it's just a classic imho smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 15 2021, 03:41 PM) *
I loved this film and still do.

e other interesting links in the notes for the YT film.

Enjoy cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 30 2021, 09:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yeah I must have watched it about thirty times, yes it has some cheesy moments but it fueled my interest in Robert Johnson.

If you get chance, watch the documentary " The Search For Robert Johnson" by John Hammond, interviews with Clapton, Richards et Al and some that actually knew him. The golden moment for me is when John Hammond plays Love in Vain on cassette to Willie Mae, the woman Johnson calls out to in the song, it's the first time she has heard it and she is visibly moved when she heard her name called out by Johnson.

cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 30 2021, 08:20 PM
GMC:er
Great movie!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:17 PM