start again???
slash85
Nov 13 2006, 03:30 PM
GMC:er
gday mates,

i bought a learn to play lead guitar book about eight months ago right..............now the first section which is about a quarter of the book is all about timing, techniques such as hammer ons , pulloffs, slides, bends, trills etc and learning the minor pentatonic scale....now basically it runs throught a whole heap of licks and riffs and solos based around the minor pentatonic scale for whole, half, quarter, eight, 16th, triplet and 16th triplets notes and other stuff like synocopation and 16th note rhythms....now it insists with every lick riff or solo that a metronome must be used......now here lies my problem.......i went through learned all the licks and solos and techniques etc but DID NOT use the metronome.....until i joined GMC i never knew how important the metronome was and i just thought ." hey ill be right people get good without metronomes " which is not the case................now here is my question:

should i go all the way back to the start and do everything with the metronome....i already know all the licks and solos its just a matter of timing them right........OR....the book came with a play along cd can i just go back and make sure the solos and licks sound the same and try and play along with that instead?

any reply would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers mates cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- slash85   start again???   Nov 13 2006, 03:30 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   I would recommend that you do whatever keeps you m...   Nov 13 2006, 04:55 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 AM