2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Where Do You Go On Holiday
liveOASISforever
Jun 26 2013, 05:39 PM
GMC:er
I am going on holiday for the first time in 5 years.I am going to the party island that is Ibiza,Spain next month.GMC is full of people from all around the world and I am really interested in where you are going on holiday or places that you normally would go to.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 26 2013, 06:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Spanish islands are a good place for a vacation, though they are usually full of drunk germans, drunk english and drunk russians nowadays biggrin.gif
I like going to London or Paris for a short trip, and the USA for a long trip. And Australia or NZL for an even longer trip.
At the moment, I spend my holidays in my hometown with my mom and my old friends since I moved away 2 years ago. And I spend so much money on concerts that I simply can't afford going abroad biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2013, 07:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jun 26 2013, 01:39 PM) *
I am going on holiday for the first time in 5 years.I am going to the party island that is Ibiza,Spain next month.GMC is full of people from all around the world and I am really interested in where you are going on holiday or places that you normally would go to.

Awesome! Great decision mate! I think that it's been also on around 4 or 5 years since I went on holiday! I hope to be able to go this year. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 26 2013, 08:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Bulgaria in September and hopefully combined with Istanbul for 2 days, if the situation calms down somehow,

I have never been to Asia or South America, but that will have to be when I can get about a month to travel.

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 26 2013, 08:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 26 2013, 08:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I go to Oberbayern for some mountain hiking /trekking with wife and dog smile.gif . My daughter and some friend too - but not for the
mountains i guess unsure.gif .

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 26 2013, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 26 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Spanish islands are a good place for a vacation, though they are usually full of drunk germans, drunk english and drunk russians nowadays biggrin.gif
I like going to London or Paris for a short trip, and the USA for a long trip. And Australia or NZL for an even longer trip.
At the moment, I spend my holidays in my hometown with my mom and my old friends since I moved away 2 years ago. And I spend so much money on concerts that I simply can't afford going abroad biggrin.gif

Yeah going abroad can be very expensive. I am hoping to visit Germany next year.Being to both Munich and Berlin and had a great time and ofcourse the beer is amazing biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 26 2013, 07:34 PM) *
Awesome! Great decision mate! I think that it's been also on around 4 or 5 years since I went on holiday! I hope to be able to go this year. smile.gif

Hope you get to go somewhere nice Gabriel.Am not to bothered about going to different countries every year but when it gets to good few year without going anywhere its great to go abroad. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 26 2013, 08:02 PM) *
Bulgaria in September and hopefully combined with Istanbul for 2 days, if the situation calms down somehow,

I have never been to Asia or South America, but that will have to be when I can get about a month to travel.

Yeah a hope the situation calms down in Turkey so you can visit. It would be great to visit South America there is a lot of amazing places there.

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jun 26 2013, 09:27 PM
Theory Instructor
Well, since I travel a lot for work, to big cities, I'm in Dublin right now for work, I tend to go to quieter places on holiday. I really like Northern Wales and Anglesey. Out in the mountains, relaxing, nobody around, just getting back to nature. Might be lame, but after spending so much time in huge cities, I like to just get away from it all.

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 26 2013, 09:28 PM
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jun 26 2013, 08:02 PM) *
I go to Oberbayern for some mountain hiking /trekking with wife and dog smile.gif . My daughter and some friend too - but not for the
mountains i guess unsure.gif .

Something that I have never done before is mountain hiking.I would love to give it a go.Have a great time mate

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 26 2013, 09:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Anywhere I can get to that has water or waves

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 27 2013, 06:02 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 26 2013, 12:30 PM) *

+1, Anywhere there are warm temps, sunshine, and a beach! Kauai and Cabo San Lucas are two of my favorite vacation destinations so far. cool.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 27 2013, 07:20 AM
QUOTE (The Professor @ Jun 26 2013, 09:27 PM) *
Well, since I travel a lot for work, to big cities, I'm in Dublin right now for work, I tend to go to quieter places on holiday. I really like Northern Wales and Anglesey. Out in the mountains, relaxing, nobody around, just getting back to nature. Might be lame, but after spending so much time in huge cities, I like to just get away from it all.

Sometimes those are the best holidays mate just to relax and get a break from your everyday life.

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 26 2013, 09:30 PM) *

I love looking at sea,lakes ect. Although I am scared to go in laugh.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jun 27 2013, 06:02 AM) *
+1, Anywhere there are warm temps, sunshine, and a beach! Kauai and Cabo San Lucas are two of my favorite vacation destinations so far. cool.gif

How long does your typical winter last in Alaska mate.I have watched a lots of tv programmes on Alaska and going by what I have seen I can understand why you would like to get away somewhere with warm temperatures.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2013, 08:22 AM
Instructor
This year, it's gonna be 2 weeks in Guadeloupe for me - in December biggrin.gif Already booked the flights and looking forward to my first vacation in a lot of time. I'll have my laptop with me though so I can keep up with the GMC stuff tongue.gif Can't leave without taking all you guys with me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 27 2013, 12:06 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
We tend to do a few short holidays through the year rather than a 2/3 week Summer holiday. That is because my daughter has a very long summer holiday so we find it works better to break it up with frequent but short breaks. We live in Spain but we still go on holiday to the beaches near Cadiz. We usually time that for the 3 day horse races on the beach at San Lucar de Barrameda. We also do a few short holidays and day trips around the province and in Extremadura and Portugal. We also go to the UK to see friends and family and we went to Ireland back in Easter for a short break.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 27 2013, 12:43 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I'm driving with my family to Washington D.C. next week. It is about 14 hour drive. I may stop at the Rock n roll hall of fame in Cleveland if we have time.

Also going on a annual camping trip in Wisconsin later in the summer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 27 2013, 04:55 PM
I travel a lot for work. Mostly weekend fly-a-ways now but that's very different than a vacation.
My wife's entire family lives in northern Italy (Piemonte) so that's where we go for a month or more. We usually go to Sardinia for a little while, maybe So. France, Croatzia? We keep it loose. Got a 4 year old with us so we take it easy.

Can't wait to show this to my kid this year!
Capo D'orso (Palau) Sarde

Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 27 2013, 05:05 PM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 27 2013, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2013, 08:22 AM) *
This year, it's gonna be 2 weeks in Guadeloupe for me - in December biggrin.gif Already booked the flights and looking forward to my first vacation in a lot of time. I'll have my laptop with me though so I can keep up with the GMC stuff tongue.gif Can't leave without taking all you guys with me biggrin.gif

Never knew where Guadeloupe was Cosmin. Just checked it out and it looks like great a place to go.Have fun in December mate.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jun 27 2013, 12:06 PM) *
We tend to do a few short holidays through the year rather than a 2/3 week Summer holiday. That is because my daughter has a very long summer holiday so we find it works better to break it up with frequent but short breaks. We live in Spain but we still go on holiday to the beaches near Cadiz. We usually time that for the 3 day horse races on the beach at San Lucar de Barrameda. We also do a few short holidays and day trips around the province and in Extremadura and Portugal. We also go to the UK to see friends and family and we went to Ireland back in Easter for a short break.

Yeah a like that idea of short and more frequent breaks.It means there is always a holiday to get exited about for the whole year.

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 27 2013, 12:43 PM) *
I'm driving with my family to Washington D.C. next week. It is about 14 hour drive. I may stop at the Rock n roll hall of fame in Cleveland if we have time.

Also going on a annual camping trip in Wisconsin later in the summer.

14 hour drive ohmy.gif I struggle to drive for a hour laugh.gif

I would like to visit Wisconsin it looks like a really nice place.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 27 2013, 04:55 PM) *
I travel a lot for work. Mostly weekend fly-a-ways now but that's very different than a vacation.
My wife's entire family lives in northern Italy (Piemonte) so that's where we go for a month or more. We usually go to Sardinia for a little while, maybe So. France, Croatzia? We keep it loose. Got a 4 year old with us so we take it easy.

Can't wait to show this to my kid this year!
Capo D'orso (Palau) Sarde

Attached Image

What a great view am sure your kid will love it

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 27 2013, 06:25 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
[quote name='liveOASISforever' date='Jun 26 2013, 10:20 PM' post='648934'
How long does your typical winter last in Alaska mate.I have watched a lots of tv programmes on Alaska and going by what I have seen I can understand why you would like to get away somewhere with warm temperatures.
[/quote]
Usually it starts getting cold in October or even late September, and then it slowly starts warming in April , but sometimes as late as May in this part of Alaska (South Central). However, this last winter we set a record for the longest snowfall season. September 29th - May 17th
(232 days from the first snowfall to the last)
And the lake ice where I live didn't go out until the very end of May. June through August are usually the true summer months but it can start as early as Mid April.
So yeah, I need to go somewhere tropical for a vacation! smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 27 2013, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jun 27 2013, 06:25 PM) *
[quote name='liveOASISforever' date='Jun 26 2013, 10:20 PM' post='648934'

Usually it starts getting cold in October or even late September, and then it slowly starts warming in April , but sometimes as late as May in this part of Alaska (South Central). However, this last winter we set a record for the longest snowfall season. September 29th - May 17th
(232 days from the first snowfall to the last)
And the lake ice where I live didn't go out until the very end of May. June through August are usually the true summer months but it can start as early as Mid April.
So yeah, I need to go somewhere tropical for a vacation! smile.gif

Wow thats a crazy amount of days for snowfall.I would love to visit Alaska someday

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2013, 07:50 AM
Instructor
Thank you mate - I haven't gone on a vacation that long since I was a kid, but I really need it - my life has a pretty hectic rhythm and I feel like I really need to re-charge my batteries and get to see such a wonderful place smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 29 2013, 04:54 PM
I haven't been away for many years. I usually spend most of the summer weekends at Festivals (working) so as much fun as that is it's not exactly a holiday!!
I am hopefully visiting New York later this year though!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:02 PM