2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ruzz's Mtp Thread
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 11:48 AM
Instructor
Hi Ruzz

Please write a short info about your current playing abilities, prefered styles and post some recordings or a video.
I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Dec 20 2009, 07:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ahh damn it Emir!

I didn't realise I was in this program till today!..
I thought I would get a PM with further notice sad.gif
Is it to late to begin now?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 24 2009, 12:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ruzz @ Dec 20 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Ahh damn it Emir!

I didn't realise I was in this program till today!..
I thought I would get a PM with further notice sad.gif
Is it to late to begin now?

hehe no but we can start from January and do 2 months of the program. If you're happy with that then post your CV here and we'll take it from there.

I got a request a little late to accept you in my group which I did. Your thread has been open since the beginning smile.gif Don't worry about that, we can do a lot in 2 months.

Cheers.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Dec 26 2009, 03:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello again Emir.

I am happy that it is not too late to begin the program.
Here is my CV:

I played the classical acoustic guitar for nearly 10 years without much enthusiasm.
I then began playing the electrical guitar two years ago, because I was inspired by alot of metal bands, and I really was not able to play their stuff on the acoustic.
After about half a year I got myself a personal teacher. He introduced me to alot of funk music (both rock and jazz). Since then I have not played alot of metal.
I am now playing in two bands. A funkjazz band mainly influenced by the guitarist John Scofield (my teacher is also "teaching" this band) and a funkrock band influenced by bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix and even some blues artists.

As far as music theory goes I at least think I have a pretty good basic knowledge. I know how alot of it works, but I am not completely able to put it into practice.

I rate myself as a intermediate guitarist.

So why did I join this training program, when I already have a teacher?
Well my teacher and I have only got 20 minutes a week together 1 on 1 training. And most of the time there is used on improvising. I would therfore like some more teaching in techniques.

Here are some examples of me playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj6HIntr10w

As you can see my bends and vibrato could be better. I would like to focus more on these techniques.

Here is a cover of the track "Hottentot" (John Scofield) by my funkjazz band.

http://www.box.net/shared/6uybqf9suf

I am looking forward to working with you Emir.
Please tell me if you need to know more.

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 26 2009, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Ok, thanks for the info. I saw your video. You have a pretty good control and timing but your vibrato is weak. That other cover was also an interesting listen.

What do you prefer to start with? Theory, scales, modes and their use in improvisation or you would rather do some technical exercises to improve picking, speed, vibrato etc...

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Dec 26 2009, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
I would prefer to begin with the technical aspects of playing, since I am already working on the other subject with my other teacher.

I would really love to improve my vibrato smile.gif

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 26 2009, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ruzz @ Dec 26 2009, 03:47 PM) *
I would prefer to begin with the technical aspects of playing, since I am already working on the other subject with my other teacher.

I would really love to improve my vibrato smile.gif

Ok then we will start in January. I have a lesson for you with video explanation that some other guys are also doing. I'll post it soon.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Dec 26 2009, 06:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ready when you are Emir

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Jan 2 2010, 02:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not to stress you Emir but should we get going?
I am eager to begin!

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 2 2010, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Ok this is the lesson I want you to try. It is designed for improving vibrato.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/

Please download this 14 min video where I am explaining the whole vibrato concept as well as the lesson part by part.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/VGlkeFVYcVhTSUJMWEE9PQ

Once you do this you can submit it to the REC board for this month as that's the part of the monthly MTP requirement.

I will open the assignment thread for you but we will use this one for discussion.

Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Jan 2 2010, 03:58 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Jan 2 2010, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks man. Your explanation clarified some things for me.
I don't think I will have a hard time with this lesson smile.gif

In the assignments thread I saw that there were some assignments with deadlines.
Is this the first assignment, which means I should be done at January the 10th?..

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 2 2010, 04:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ruzz @ Jan 2 2010, 03:34 PM) *
Thanks man. Your explanation clarified some things for me.
I don't think I will have a hard time with this lesson smile.gif

In the assignments thread I saw that there were some assignments with deadlines.
Is this the first assignment, which means I should be done at January the 10th?..

Yes, the first one to be uploaded by January the 10th. If you want to upload something before to analyse the progress then do it on this thread so we can discuss it. If you think you're doing well then you don't need to record anything before the assignment, we can just use this place for any questions you may have. We will have 4 assignments in January + one REC take. You can upload this lesson there when you finish it.

Good luck smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Jan 4 2010, 10:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Emir!

I am progressing faster that I thought with this. This whole idea of vibrating in 8th notes gave me so much more control.
I have most of the day off tomorrow, so I am planning on recording my first take on your lesson there.

I have however one question. I know that alot of guitarists who have a really wide vibrato vibrates both up and down on all strings (Zakk Wylde for instance). Do you also do this, or is your technique strictly up or down depending on the string?

Also I have heard of something called "circular vibrato", which some guitarists like Steve Vai uses alot.
Are you familiar with this term, and can you explain it to me?
I am really fond of Vai's vibrato.

This post has been edited by Ruzz: Jan 4 2010, 10:02 PM

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 5 2010, 03:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ruzz @ Jan 4 2010, 09:01 PM) *
I know that alot of guitarists who have a really wide vibrato vibrates both up and down on all strings (Zakk Wylde for instance). Do you also do this, or is your technique strictly up or down depending on the string?

This is not true. Every guitarist plays is up or down depending on the string. You can't possibly do it in both directions. Try and you'll quickly realise that smile.gif Zakk is playing vibrato the same as I do.

Also I have heard of something called "circular vibrato", which some guitarists like Steve Vai uses alot.
Are you familiar with this term, and can you explain it to me?
I am really fond of Vai's vibrato.

Forget about that. It's just Vai's finger movement to make him look special. He is actually also doing up or down depending on the string smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Jan 5 2010, 07:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Emir!

Ohh well.. I guess I will just forget every "myth" I have heard about his vibrato then happy.gif

I know there are a few more days before the first deadline, but anyway here is what I have done so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mknPTg5nXc
What should I work on to make it better?
Sorry for the slight delay between the video and the audio.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Ruzz: Jan 5 2010, 09:05 PM

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 10 2010, 01:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ruzz @ Jan 5 2010, 06:05 PM) *
Hey Emir!

Ohh well.. I guess I will just forget every "myth" I have heard about his vibrato then happy.gif

I know there are a few more days before the first deadline, but anyway here is what I have done so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mknPTg5nXc
What should I work on to make it better?
Sorry for the slight delay between the video and the audio.

Cheers

It's all good, you just need to make it much wider and stronger. You're controling it pretty well. Your playing is actually very good.

Relax more and feel the thing smile.gif I am sure if you listen to your take you can hear and feel where it needs more agresiveness. Fill up those places and you're ok.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 13 2010, 06:27 PM
Instructor
Hi

We've spoken about this on chat today. Here is the backing in 2 speeds and the GP file (simplified). You can use slower backing. I embeded the video as well for your reference.

We need the 1st part only for the next assignment (up to F# minor or half way through the song).

Cheers.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  J._S._Bach___Badinerie.gp5 ( 5.21K ) Number of downloads: 107
Attached File  badinerie_backing_122bpm.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 176
Attached File  badinerie_backing_80bpm.mp3 ( 1.95MB ) Number of downloads: 120

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Mar 21 2010, 06:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Emir.. Sorry for the delay.. I will upload my take tomorrow! Hope you have my next assignment ready smile.gif

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 21 2010, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ruzz @ Mar 21 2010, 05:46 PM) *
Hey Emir.. Sorry for the delay.. I will upload my take tomorrow! Hope you have my next assignment ready smile.gif

That's ok Ruzz, take your time smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 24 2010, 02:39 AM
Instructor
That was a very good take man. You were a bit off with rhythm but that's ok as you don't have drums or any click on that track smile.gif It's easier with rhythm when you speed up but don't worry, this tempo works for us right now. Your posture can be a bit better. Keep your thumb on the middle of the neck in this case - not on the top. That makes much better grip and also your fingers are pointing UP instead to the side. That will allow you more stretch and much better control. Also you're moving fingers far away from the fretboard when playing. Try to keep them closer to the neck. I think this will be a great finger and picking exercise for you. Now learn part 2 and post it there. What are you doing for the REC? That neoclassical solo that you posted earlier was for the assignment but you can just throw one REC take of that and leave the link so that GMC stuff approves the thread when we finish the month.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:59 PM