Shake That Atmosphere!, Experimental Metal
thefireball
Nov 26 2012, 02:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC. smile.gif

I've been working on this song for a few days. This is my first time to be so experimental in my writing. I just let it flow and this is the result. NOTE: There has been no bass guitar added yet.

http://soundcloud.com/fireball100/shake-that-atmosphere

I was considering on making this a track on my EP, Living in the Last Days, with a proper title of course. I have several free vsts laying around in my computer. I just combined many of these for my track. This is a partial track - what I have so far. I added some Asian influence into this track. happy.gif There's a really groovy section in there that is my favorite part.

Let me know what you think. wink.gif

-Brandon Burch
of ANALYZED WITHIN

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Nov 26 2012, 02:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amir Razmara
Nov 26 2012, 07:14 AM
GMC:er
Hay dude.... It is a cool track....interesting combination smile.gif I like it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 26 2012, 09:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Like that a lot dude, very cool indeed.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 26 2012, 11:24 AM
Instructor
Sounds brilliant Brandon, definitely worth working with.. keep it !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 26 2012, 01:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
very nice, me like

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 26 2012, 02:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool and interesting ideas - Good Record !

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 26 2012, 03:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the replies, guys. smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 26 2012, 04:55 PM
Tone Seeker
This is so cool man ! I like that Asian stuff and also that middle solo is really nice !

But...drums. Drum track is okay but DFH is kinda old. You should update your drums man. smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 26 2012, 05:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 26 2012, 09:55 AM) *
This is so cool man ! I like that Asian stuff and also that middle solo is really nice !

But...drums. Drum track is okay but DFH is kinda old. You should update your drums man. smile.gif

Thanks. If this makes it to EP, the studio is reamping the MIDI drums through either Superior Drummer or Steve Slate. Depends on what sounds best. One day I will update drums. But that's not my top priority.

I guess I could get Metal Machine Expansion ;D

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 26 2012, 05:01 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 26 2012, 08:00 PM) *
...the studio is reamping the MIDI drums through either Superior Drummer or Steve Slate.

I guess I could get Metal Machine Expansion ;D

That's good then wink.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 26 2012, 05:13 PM
This is very cool. I like it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 27 2012, 01:23 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I liked the feel of this track - you should develop it into a track for EP.

How do you program the VST parts?
Do you use a midi keyboard, draw the notes with a mouse in DAW or program through Guitar Pro and export?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 27 2012, 01:35 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 26 2012, 01:28 AM) *
Hey GMC. smile.gif

I've been working on this song for a few days. This is my first time to be so experimental in my writing. I just let it flow and this is the result. NOTE: There has been no bass guitar added yet.

http://soundcloud.com/fireball100/shake-that-atmosphere

I was considering on making this a track on my EP, Living in the Last Days, with a proper title of course. I have several free vsts laying around in my computer. I just combined many of these for my track. This is a partial track - what I have so far. I added some Asian influence into this track. happy.gif There's a really groovy section in there that is my favorite part.

Let me know what you think. wink.gif

-Brandon Burch
of ANALYZED WITHIN

Really cool track and composition, like goldmember would say "that's a keeper" biggrin.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2012, 02:04 AM
Very cool stuff! Congrats! Almost has a "TranceCore" Vibe to it. Writing "Metal/Rawk" can sometimes feel constraining in light of the restrictions embraced by the genre. It's a good idea to push the boundaries in your own writing and listening. It's the only way to grow.

Todd

QUOTE (Amir Razmara @ Nov 26 2012, 01:14 AM) *
Hay dude.... It is a cool track....interesting combination smile.gif I like it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2012, 04:33 AM
Instructor
Awesome composition Brandon!! The riffs sound very fresh and that Asian vibes add a lot to the track. I think that it's a very good idea to add this track to your EP.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 27 2012, 08:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks again everybody. happy.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 26 2012, 06:23 PM) *
I liked the feel of this track - you should develop it into a track for EP.

How do you program the VST parts?
Do you use a midi keyboard, draw the notes with a mouse in DAW or program through Guitar Pro and export?

I have been drawing the notes with the mouse as of late. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 28 2012, 12:58 AM
Ready for a Killer Tip? smile.gif Try this. Grab a midi sequence that is intended as a drum track, or piano track, and apply an entirely different patch like guitar/bass/strings/ and let it rip. Doing this is a great way to get some crazy results and some of them are very inspiring.

QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 27 2012, 02:58 PM) *
Thanks again everybody. happy.gif

I have been drawing the notes with the mouse as of late. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 28 2012, 06:32 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 27 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Ready for a Killer Tip? smile.gif Try this. Grab a midi sequence that is intended as a drum track, or piano track, and apply an entirely different patch like guitar/bass/strings/ and let it rip. Doing this is a great way to get some crazy results and some of them are very inspiring.

hehe cool, ok biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:46 PM