2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Always With Me, Always With You!
kaznie_NL
Aug 30 2009, 01:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here it is man! The tapping piece I don't know exactly, but I always think this works as well wink.gif I know what notes he playes, just not in what sequence, so I just jump around! Oh, I ended a tad early because I dunno the last legato part, still have to learn that. for some dynamics I did the first part on lower volume (guitar volume control), but I don't really like the sound... I especially like the parts after the fast legato in this take!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  AwMAwY.mp3 ( 4.31MB ) Number of downloads: 433

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 30 2009, 02:05 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I don't know why this is at pedja's board but it must be up to you laugh.gif

I think the tone needed a bit more delay and reverb to get that catchy atmosphere, maybe a bit less drive, just my two cents. Some misses in the beginning that felt akward, but than you showed your stuff at the middle smile.gif. The tapping is good enough, sometimes it does seem a bit off,especially after it ended, but I guess that's dued to the tone.

Still, very nice job kaz smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 30 2009, 02:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks man! It's not finished, that's why I have the lil errors. I thought I can do step recording and deliver my best ever take, but since I need some critics I'd rather be honest and deliver my take within a few recordings! So this is a whole recording, the third or so, but it has some errors.

Thanks man!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 30 2009, 04:45 PM
GMC:er
hey Kaz, that first slide was a bit awkward:D
That was unnescisary, but it's easy to miss a slide.
I agree on the tone part, it could use a bit more delay and a little reverb.
The tapping part sounds pretty cool:D

It's just a little sloppy, (not the tapping) if you clean that up, itl be a 100 %tos!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 30 2009, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Hey Kaz, I am glad you posted your take here. Couple of things that came to my mind after listening through the whole thing once.

1) Vibrato needs to be less aggressive. With this type of ballad piece you need to make notes ring out and not shift pitch too much up and down with aggressive vibrato.

2) Timing needs to be more in sync with backing. This is especially true for faster legato parts (when piece switches to minor mode wink.gif .I think you are doing OK through most of the piece but I still feel you haven't nailed it down 100%. Play it more,focus on each little section individually, play it with guitar pro or even better with real recording (if you can get it to tempo to sound clean and work!).

As far as sound goes you could add a touch more of delay and perhaps adjust some EQ's (more lows in my opinion). This is not a major thing, I would prefer if you got the piece down 100% technically, then you can fix the sound within minutes smile.gif

Tapping part is good but at some places notes are off, work on that as well.

Overall you did a good job as this is (like you said) work in progress. Keep recording, keep practicing and don't get fooled with step recording. I would prefer you to always play from start to finish and record it. That way it will show you how good you have it smile.gif

Let me know if you need anything Kaz!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 31 2009, 12:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Pedja! With the "real recording" you mean the Satch original song?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 31 2009, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Any time Kaz!
Yes, I was referring to original Satriani recording. By playing it billion times with it you will get right feel for phrasing sound and everything else.
Try to play original recording on stereo and record yourself in some DAW simultaneously. It will be great to listen back and notice differences wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 2 2009, 04:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Update wink.gif Ow, again a slightly missed first note tongue.gif Recording nerves I gues wink.gif I also did some playing while standing, but it's a lot harder. When i want to perform this live I need the stereo monitors to put my leg on for the fast legato... and then my strap always slides off... tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  AwMAwY.mp3 ( 4.26MB ) Number of downloads: 279

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 2 2009, 05:03 PM
Kaz, nice work!

Just wear your guitar higher...... Zakk Wylde and Slash look incredibly lame, when they have to raise their guitars to do a solo or anything on the higher frets.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 2 2009, 05:16 PM
Instructor
Kaz, downloaded it and listened to it once smile.gif

Melody part is much better and clearer. Vibrato is less aggressive which is great.
Tapping part needs work as the other faster parts (in B section).
Slow the phrases down and play with guitar pro a lot of times before you get it down 100%.

Let me know if I can help somehow with those phrases?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 2 2009, 05:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Where's the B part? but I guess you mean the fast legato, and perhaps the part right after the "feel free" licks tongue.gif if you get what I mean with that tongue.gif

for me it's like Tapping -->double stops ---> feel free likcs --> fast pentatonic run. That run is also on the list?

Everything in between the 19th fret bend and the ending of the fast legato (right before the pinched harmonic) is kinda hard. It's one legato lick, and then the other, long, legato lick. Practice makes perfect wink.gif

QUOTE (Jesse @ Sep 2 2009, 06:03 PM) *
Kaz, nice work!

Just wear your guitar higher...... Zakk Wylde and Slash look incredibly lame, when they have to raise their guitars to do a solo or anything on the higher frets.

Pls note the upload wasn't made standing up. Oh, and my guitar normally isn't like Slash (insane >< ) but also not like Petrucci. It's at the height where it just looks cool tongue.gif like.... right infront of my.... thing... tongue.gif a bit like Satch here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...triani_2005.jpg

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 2 2009, 06:05 PM
Instructor
Exactly Kaz!

Good to see you know your faults smile.gif

Are you working on the licks in slower tempo? How are you approaching them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 2 2009, 06:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 2 2009, 07:05 PM) *
Exactly Kaz!

Good to see you know your faults smile.gif

Are you working on the licks in slower tempo? How are you approaching them?

Just play em allot.... but not necisarly (hard word tongue.gif ) on a slower tempo.

Wouldn't it be kind of a waste of time to only practice them two licks if I have quite some polishing to do on all of the licks? Maybe I should combine a bit, playing the two/three hard licks on lower tempo's and then also record the whole thing? BTW, what was wrong with the tapping? I need to learn the exact tabs? Probably huh tongue.gif Just can't get myself to learn that wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 2 2009, 06:25 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 2 2009, 06:16 PM) *
necisarly (hard word tongue.gif )

"necessarily"
wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 2 2009, 07:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 2 2009, 07:16 PM) *
Just play em allot.... but not necisarly (hard word tongue.gif ) on a slower tempo.

Wouldn't it be kind of a waste of time to only practice them two licks if I have quite some polishing to do on all of the licks? Maybe I should combine a bit, playing the two/three hard licks on lower tempo's and then also record the whole thing? BTW, what was wrong with the tapping? I need to learn the exact tabs? Probably huh tongue.gif Just can't get myself to learn that wink.gif

I suggest you record couple of audio clips with just specific sections that need work. Legato and tapping parts especially.
Upload it here and then we can discuss it in detail smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 4 2009, 09:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
The three hard pieces wink.gif Not perfectly executed tongue.gif
EDIT: removed a wrong upload wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Sep 5 2009, 01:49 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Legato.mp3 ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 269
Attached File  Taping.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 237

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 09:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 4 2009, 10:26 PM) *
The three hard pieces wink.gif Not perfectly executed tongue.gif

This is already sounding better Kaz. Work on the fast legato part slower. It sounds to me like you have some pull of problems as some notes don't come out clean enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 5 2009, 01:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 5 2009, 10:42 AM) *
This is already sounding better Kaz. Work on the fast legato part slower. It sounds to me like you have some pull of problems as some notes don't come out clean enough.

The last part of that legato, where you need to go (on the D string) up and down, and then after two notes you need to rush down the D and A string, that needs some practice wink.gif

Woops, just saw I uploaded the Melodic dream, that's very old tongue.gif sorry wink.gif I'll change that when I'm back on the other pc.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 01:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 5 2009, 02:46 PM) *
The last part of that legato, where you need to go (on the D string) up and down, and then after two notes you need to rush down the D and A string, that needs some practice wink.gif

Exactly!

Do you have software amazing slow downer ? Or Transcriber?
You can slow down original recordings in them! This way you can gradually increase your technique with Satch in the background guiding you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 5 2009, 01:50 PM
Use audacity, its free, and you can change tempo without changing pitch:0

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2024 - 07:26 AM