4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Andrew's Theory Lessons, Read this if you are a newcomer!
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 30 2007, 10:57 PM
GMC:er
This is awesome. I just found this. Lots of learning ahead for me biggrin.gif

I best get started.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 30 2007, 11:08 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Enjoy smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Dec 1 2007, 12:15 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 30 2007, 11:08 PM) *
Enjoy smile.gif

28.260 ++ Topic views? that must be a record Andrew biggrin.gif cool...

Edit: the number is still rising

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Dec 1 2007, 12:18 AM

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 1 2007, 02:27 AM
Heh, I never noticed that smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Batista
Dec 9 2007, 02:19 AM
Heya Andrew.

Are you on your way on the "Writing Soloes" lesson or are you on your way planing it? Would be really helpfull for me nowadays=)

Cheers,
Batista

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 9 2007, 02:30 AM
QUOTE (Batista @ Dec 8 2007, 08:19 PM) *
Heya Andrew.

Are you on your way on the "Writing Soloes" lesson or are you on your way planing it? Would be really helpfull for me nowadays=)

Cheers,
Batista

Hi Batista - I haven;t written any lessons for a few weeks as I have been moving house. I will be getting back in the saddle shortly though, and will give this one some thought smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Batista
Dec 9 2007, 03:48 AM
Ahh okey=) Hope you'll get happy with the new joint then! And thanks for taking my request under consideration. I really appreciate it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Batista: Dec 9 2007, 03:49 AM

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 16 2007, 10:16 PM
Just added a lesson on Simple Harmonies, here.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Khaos Keith
Dec 17 2007, 06:31 PM
my godi just cant get enough of your theory threads andrew haha. they are written so well and easy to understand, even for me, someone very new to music as far as theory is concerned. I LOVE IT!! and i cant wait for the writing solos section hahah

--------------------
Random Person : "got a myspace page?"

Me : "hahaha who doesn't? the url is

http://www.myspace.com/maidenmayhem

hahah"

+Quote Post
ThatGuy
Jan 8 2008, 07:01 AM
You should start on the Breaking Out Of The Boxes.

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jan 8 2008, 11:14 AM
QUOTE (Khaos Keith @ Dec 17 2007, 09:31 PM) *
my godi just cant get enough of your theory threads andrew haha. they are written so well and easy to understand, even for me, someone very new to music as far as theory is concerned. I LOVE IT!! and i cant wait for the writing solos section hahah

Yes i have to agree. There is only one complaint. I wish i had this lesson in a book. After a day of playing hours of battlefield 2, watching tv, practicing guitar in front of a pc, my eyes sort of get tired and a fell a surging headache. The when i visit the theory lessons i cant really concentrate on whats written.

I know i can start learning theory before the other things i do (or even reduce amount of time wasted), but it would be very convenient to have a theory book. You make things so easy to understand thats why my only theory guru is going to be you Andrew. Why dont you consider publishing a theory book. It would probably be the best theory book there is. Do consider it.

And i too cant wait for a writing solos lesson (really cant wait). Are you going to include how to use licks in different scales (because im a total noob at that, and that is the fundamental of solo writing).

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Staples
Jan 14 2008, 03:02 AM
This alone was worth the subscription fee. Thanks.

--------------------
Times New Roman

+Quote Post
JackDiddly
Jan 16 2008, 03:13 AM
laugh.gif thanks so much for what you have in here! I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now...and thanks to the challenging of a fellow musician I'm broadening my knowledge of theory.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My gear thus far:
Taylor 714ce
Schecter C-1+
Vox AD50vt-212
Peterson Strobostomp tuner
Boss Metal Zone

+Quote Post
Bulletproof
Jan 24 2008, 11:14 PM
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Andrew!!!! I never thought that I would enjoy Theory as much as I do now...I really how you start off very very simple as it makes it stick so much easier. Only problem I have personally is that I go to University FULL time..and they try to cram ungodly amount of knowledge into me already but any extra..I will be filling up with this....thanks a ton!!

Yours truly

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 25 2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks Bulletproof, JackDiddley and Staples - really glad this is helping you out - be sure to let me know if you have any requests!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 4 2008, 01:13 AM
Added lesson on Suspended and added tone chords :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=11531

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
glazmusik
Feb 17 2008, 09:27 PM
Going over your theory stuff is one of the main things in my daily guitar session. This is such a great section!

The only thing that I wish this site had (but it might already have it and I don't know; if so, just tell me where!) is a complete collection of all the scales in one place. Well, maybe not COMPLETE, because that would be a lot, but maybe just one comprehensive listing of your basic scales, and then the more advanced ones, or just formulas of them, just all in one page. That would be cool.

Besides that, thanks a TON, Andrew!

--------------------
"Nothing in this world worth having comes easily."

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 18 2008, 03:15 PM
You are welcome !

We don't really have a scales page yet, although there are plenty of good ones around - I use this one.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
glazmusik
Feb 18 2008, 07:47 PM
Wow! That is a pretty amazing scales tool! Thanks again!

--------------------
"Nothing in this world worth having comes easily."

+Quote Post
demonmyst
Mar 15 2008, 03:14 PM
Andrew, by reading one of these a day, a person can go from knowing nothing to having advanced knowledge in theory...in like a week haha. Thank you. :]

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:12 PM