Cheap Rec. Guitar And Vocals, how to record on pc with quality?
.:BobY:.
Feb 24 2009, 09:11 PM
GMC:er
As the title says, i'm looking for a possibility to record my guitar/bass and vocals as well.
I don't have a special soundcard or whatever.

What do i need to connect my guitar/bass and mic to the computer to record?
At least with a small budget of max. 150-200€ or 200-300USDolla

i've searched through line6 and NATIVE INSTRUMENTS products, but i don't know what all their features are good for =P
I don't need a bunch of effects necessarily.

greets
BobY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 24 2009, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Toneport UX1 might be the right solution for you. Check out my review of it here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Feb 24 2009, 09:23 PM
sounds good, that there are good impressions with this little gadget.
but is ther any difference between TONEPORT UX1 and Studio UX1? rolleyes.gif

if i want to add effects on the PC, would that be possible or should i check another gadged?

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Feb 24 2009, 09:24 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
If you need to record only guitar, you can buy a pod xt, it will be really great, but if you need vocals and bass too, you have to buy a pod X3, it has a sound card in it, and comes with Pod farm (so you can record and then re amp your sound). unfortunetly, Pod X3 is a little bit expensive, it think it cost 400€ :s
Hope I could help smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 24 2009, 09:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (.:BobY:. @ Feb 24 2009, 09:23 PM) *
sounds good, that there are good impressions with this little gadget.
but is ther any difference between TONEPORT UX1 and Studio UX1? rolleyes.gif

if i want to add effects on the PC, would that be possible or should i check another gadged?

Toneport and POD Studio are the same device, except POD Studio is the new name for this device, and it is in black color, instead of red/black. Their hardware and software is the same. Also with changing the name, Line 6 made a new software that is coming with the device called POD Farm, that is also free for all POD Studio users, but I fancy Gearbox cause it's better and more developed. POD Farm looks cool, but it is a new software and it is not yet on the Gearbox level. They have the same tones.

You can add effects on the PC no problem. POD Studio (Toneport) sends 4 channels to DAW:

send 1 guitar with gearbox effects
send 2 guitar bypassed
send 3 mic with gearbox effects
send 4 mic bypassed

so you can basically record all 4 channels at the same time, and add effects (for example guitar rig) on the channels 2 and 4 that are recorded clean.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Feb 24 2009, 09:32 PM
that sounds great, thank you very much!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 24 2009, 09:44 PM
Instructor
No prob mate, let us know what you got! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 24 2009, 10:12 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I'm all for the Toneport as well. Also, the Pandora, from what I understand is a neat little device. Muris uses it for his lessons.

+Quote Post
Feb 24 2009, 10:26 PM
i've read about the GUITAR RIG 3 in other topics,
do i become better quality with this one? i mean the price is o.k. for me

This post has been edited by .:BobY:.: Feb 24 2009, 10:26 PM

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Feb 24 2009, 10:42 PM
Instructor
yes i think the guitar rig 3 is the best but i dont know the price

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 24 2009, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Guitar Rig is better, but costs more. Here are some comparisons:

POD Studio UX1 + Gearbox/POD Farm = 150$

Guitar Rig Software (Full Version of software only without the hardware) = 300$

Guitar Rig Session (Audio Interface + Guitar Rig 3 XE - light version) = 200$

If you have 200$, I vote for getting the last option, cause you get a good audio interface, and a great software bundle, including Guitar Rig 3 XE, Steinberg Cubase Le 4, KORE Player and the KORE Soundpack "Pop Drums"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 24 2009, 10:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I also recommend Toneport. If you only need to record an instrument at a time (and no voice) GX is just 80$, sound quality is the same (awesome) in all toneports, only thing that differs is the amount of inputs/outputs.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 25 2009, 12:10 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I recommend Toneport ux1 (POD studio ux1)..It will suit your needs well and be the cheapest option..I use ux2 for all my home recording/lessons work and I'm very satisfied..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Feb 25 2009, 01:18 AM
If you are looking for software and a quality audio interface... Interface =(the capacity to plug into your computer a guitar/bass,mic & I think MIDI on this model.. )
B)then I recommend looking at eh Kontrol 1 Audio interface (external sound card). Right now it come w/guitar Rig and much more..."is now bundled with an extended software package that includes a pick from the company's range of acclaimed software synthesizers at no further cost. All purchases of the interface now include a download of either ABSYNTH 4, FM8, MASSIVE, or PRO-53 depending on the user's choice, representing an additional value of $219 / €199' Also..."Other software bundled with AUDIO KONTROL 1 includes the GUITAR RIG 3 LE amp emulation suite, the TRAKTOR LE DJ software, the KORE PLAYER software instrument and the Cubase LE 4 sequencer.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2009/...are-Bundle.html

A lot of bang for the buck, It's not Cheap but if you're looking for software, and a quality Interface this is worth a look cool.gif

This post has been edited by Hammerhead: Feb 25 2009, 02:11 AM

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:12 AM