2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Fender 'road Worn' Series!, Cheaper than Custom Shop Relics!!
Sensible Jones
Feb 17 2009, 01:16 PM
GMC:er
Fenders new ROAD WORN SERIES!!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 17 2009, 01:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool looking, but I don't know why you would want to buy an already worn guitar. Its like buying jeans with holes pre cut into them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 17 2009, 01:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
They look kinda cool but those are still the same new instruments , just beat up for looks...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Feb 17 2009, 01:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I saw those at Guitar Center. That is an AWFUL lot of money for what was a regular Mexi-strat! Also, it seems like cheating to me...you should wear your strat out by playing it...not by rubbing it with sand paper!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 17 2009, 01:38 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Feb 17 2009, 01:32 PM) *
I saw those at Guitar Center. That is an AWFUL lot of money for what was a regular Mexi-strat! Also, it seems like cheating to me...you should wear your strat out by playing it...not by rubbing it with sand paper!

I basically thought the same. These guitars seem to have a long history but they don't. And even if they had, it's not your long journey with them. I want my scratches on them, each scratch and bruise telling me the story of my guitar.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 17 2009, 01:42 PM
I dont want any scratches on my guitar... I treat mine like its a baby, wipe it down after playing, and make sure it hits nothing... still looks brand new, except for the bridge but thats from my hand on it when i play

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 17 2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I subscribe to a forum from mylespaul.com and they are constantly 'relic-ing' these BRAND NEW THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR LES PAUL CUSTOMS!!1 It's freakin' insane! They leave them in the cold to crack the finish, the burn cigarettes in the head stocks, they rub the lacquer off.. It's beyond me...

I love my guitars to death and I play them constantly; I wouldn't care if my guitar looked beat up but only if I played her to death. When it's artificially done it bothers me, I dunno why...

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 17 2009, 04:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think Fender may have shot themselves in the foot with these, they do the heavy relics range which are like 2500 stirling which have"Authentic" ageing processes applied to them in the factory, and these road worns are like a third of the cost, albeit with the inferior electronics of the Mexi, however, I just cant help wanting one! Whats wrong with me?!? huh.gif

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 17 2009, 05:29 PM
I've never realized the beauty of these relic guitars...? This must be the only thing people buy that are supposed to look like it's been laying in the forest for 10 years, chewed on by bears and dogs peeing on them...
I fear the day when you go to buy a new car and the salesman goes:
We have these beautiful reliced hummers in stock. They cost twice as much but they look like they've been through war with authentic bullet holes and a huge grenade assault hole in the roof. For $10.000 extra you can have a really bad smell of rotting corpses included in all of the interior.
Of course, if you're the cheap type you can have a normal shiny new car, but then you will be the laughing stock of the neighborhood...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Feb 17 2009, 05:35 PM
I feel relic guitars look very cool, but I feel it must be done by yourself through playing and gigging. While Frusciante's guitar hasn't been played exclusively by him, I feel it pretty much looks like the perfect strat visually. One with a story and history. If I ever get a strat, I'd buy it new and play it so much it ends up like that in 20 years.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 17 2009, 05:47 PM
what?!?!?! Really?!?!?! i can get a beat up and worn out fender for under $10,000?!!??

this is a dream come true!!!!!!!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 17 2009, 06:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i think they look awesome ..

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 17 2009, 06:43 PM
I quite like the way that there's a very divided response to these!!!
Personally I quite like a Guitar that's seen some 'Life'!! My G&L Asat has suffered at my own hands over the last 15 years or so!! My '72 Strat has less paint left on it than Rory Gallaghers '61, but was mainly like that when it came into my possession! On the other hand I have a Warmoth Bodied/Custom Shop necked Strat that I tend to look after and keep clean! As it was produced out of spares I had lying around I've named it 'The Strat-O-Various'!!!
biggrin.gif

I'll post some pics as soon as I can!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 17 2009, 06:50 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 17 2009, 12:43 PM) *
I quite like the way that there's a very divided response to these!!!
Personally I quite like a Guitar that's seen some 'Life'!! My G&L Asat has suffered at my own hands over the last 15 years or so!! My '72 Strat has less paint left on it than Rory Gallaghers '61, but was mainly like that when it came into my possession! On the other hand I have a Warmoth Bodied/Custom Shop necked Strat that I tend to look after and keep clean! As it was produced out of spares I had lying around I've named it 'The Strat-O-Various'!!!
biggrin.gif

I'll post some pics as soon as I can!

Strat-o-various biggrin.gif That's great.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 17 2009, 06:56 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I've seen one of them at my local shop, it didn't look as real as the expensive fender relics, maybe if you look at it from a distance it might seem old, but when you have it on your hads it's obvious that it's a "fake" old guitar. I guess relics are not my cup of tea anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Boson
Feb 17 2009, 07:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Come on guys we refer to our guitars in the femine so keeping that analogy going who wants a beat up old hag that has been round the block more times than you care to mention when you can have this years supermodel?

No offence intended to any ladies present!

Put it another way if you want to read a novel isnt it better to buy a pristine copy from the bookstore rather than make do with a worn and well thumbed copy from the library?

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 17 2009, 07:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
To me personally, a worn/relic guitar would only be useful if it actually sounds better. Just cosmetically speaking it doesn't do much to me smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
calgary1
Feb 17 2009, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Feb 17 2009, 11:38 AM) *
To me personally, a worn/relic guitar would only be useful if it actually sounds better. Just cosmetically speaking it doesn't do much to me smile.gif

mmmm paying for a guitar that looks worn out....I don't see the value. Wear it out yourself. I rented a tele for afew days to due a gig years ago. Well I dropped it on the stage and chipped it badly. Had to buy it. It was an American Model it played decent and its the only guitar I use to this day. It beat up pretty badly but plays like a dream. And it was cheap. I think its best to wear them out yourself. I usually play five nights a week in Canada, I never polish my guitar and only change the strings when they break. So you can imagine the shape its in. Too me your the instrument. The guitar is just a chunck of wood with strings. Has to be playable for sure and intonated. Otherwise its a tool.

+Quote Post
Boson
Feb 17 2009, 08:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Two things to add here.

1 Of course it is the sound that matters ultimately it does not matter what the guitar looks like it has to produce the sound you want.

2. How come its always strats or teles that end up "road worn" You dont really see a bashed up LP!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
calgary1
Feb 17 2009, 08:59 PM
QUOTE (Boson @ Feb 17 2009, 12:53 PM) *
Two things to add here.

1 Of course it is the sound that matters ultimately it does not matter what the guitar looks like it has to produce the sound you want.

2. How come its always strats or teles that end up "road worn" You dont really see a bashed up LP!

Well speaking as a chickin picker, I play country taverns all the time, and the tele is great stick ya can use on the roudy drunks!!!....lol Hence the damage.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:15 PM