Andrew6, Discussion
Tolek
Feb 25 2009, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Andrew! smile.gif
This topic will be used for commenting all of your videos!

Comment on your take on Marcus Lavendell´s Neoclassic Lesson for Intermediates.

I see that you have already some experience with playing guitar as you fingers are flexible. However, you need to work on precision. This take was a bit sloppy (as you already said via MSN tongue.gif), but let´s try to improve it.
First of all, slow down! That´s essential if you want to play cleanly. You know what you have to do with both hands, but they aren´t synchronized. Daniel Capezzuto´s Finger Independence Series is an excellent exercice to work on that. Try to play those patterns with alternate and economy picking and only down/up strokes. You also mentioned that you use your pinky very rarely. Take a look at all those shredders like Rob Marcello, Steve Vai,... . All of them don´t hesitate to use their pinky. Your pinky is your best friend and useful. wink.gif Take a look at Dejan Farka´s Little Finger Workout.
All in all, I want to start working on your hand synchronization and finger strength. Those few lessons that I gave you are perfect to use as warm-ups in your practise routine.

If you see an improvement after a week or more, please post another video and we´ll have a closer look at the other points. smile.gif And don´t hesitate to ask me if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Tolek

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:36 AM