2 Pages V   1 2 >  
A Tiny Little Splinter
mattacuk
Aug 5 2008, 01:47 PM
Lets go fishing!
I have been painting fences for 2 weeks to earn extra cash and I have picked up a tiny tiny little splinter on the tip of my pinky.

Its so small infact that i cant remove it with tweezers or a needle, but when im playing it makes me go, oweee.

Any ideas? sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 5 2008, 01:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 5 2008, 02:47 PM) *
Any ideas? sad.gif

Grow some chest hair! wink.gif

Nah, think you have to dig it out with a needle no matter how small it is. The other week I picked the smallest splinter out of my wifes finger, her sister carefully worked on it for 15 minutes, then I took it out in 20 seconds.

Dig wide and deep with the needle then press hard with a tiny piece of tweezers.
If I was there' I'd help you, it's a LOT easier to have someone else do it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 5 2008, 05:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
I feel sick just thinking about it laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 5 2008, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 5 2008, 06:28 PM) *
I feel sick just thinking about it laugh.gif laugh.gif

...and appearantly that was all the suggestions you got for your problem biggrin.gif

Which in turn means you have to do it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 5 2008, 06:07 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 5 2008, 05:36 PM) *
...and appearantly that was all the suggestions you got for your problem biggrin.gif

Which in turn means you have to do it laugh.gif

No way, I will just play through the pain !! unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 5 2008, 08:58 PM
Instructor
I've been there plenty of times biggrin.gif .. and those tiny things sure can hurt alot
But i usually just do what MickeM said; dig deep and drag it out smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 5 2008, 09:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah. Been ages since I've been in that situation though. I've always heard having your finger in some water with soap in it or something might help. Don't know if that's true or not.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
rockztar
Aug 5 2008, 09:33 PM
GMC:er
think caelumamittendum is right put your hands in medium hot water soap to theyre soft and spungy then it should be alot easyre to take it out

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 5 2008, 09:47 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ohhh my goodness, guys, I cant face the needle again !!

Cant I just pretend its not there? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 5 2008, 11:00 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Water... soap... needle!!

Face your fears young Mattacuk, or The Giant Robots will eat you! laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Aug 6 2008, 08:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Make your skin indeed soft and 'accessible' with water and soap (or washpowder) and get it out with a needle. If you can't get it out, just repeat the water/soap stuff 3x a day and most probably the splinter will work itself out in a couple of days.

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 6 2008, 12:53 PM
Instructor
I agree with everyone else, make your skin softer, and take take a thinnest needle that you can find and carefully dig the skin around the splinter, and push it out. I would do it myself, because I would feel the pain better that if someone else do it for me smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 6 2008, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 5 2008, 10:47 PM) *
Ohhh my goodness, guys, I cant face the needle again !!

Cant I just pretend its not there? tongue.gif

I suggest you keep the splinter, feel low, and write a blues song about it. biggrin.gif
Here's something to start off with cool.gif

i've got a spliter in my finger
and I don't dare to take it out
mmm I've got a spliter in my finger baby
i'm in such pain I want to shout

i just want to loose this agnony
i wanna go fish and catch a trout

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2008, 03:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 6 2008, 04:45 PM) *
I suggest you keep the splinter, feel low, and write a blues song about it. biggrin.gif
Here's something to start off with cool.gif

i've got a spliter in my finger
and I don't dare to take it out
mmm I've got a spliter in my finger baby
i'm in such pain I want to shout

i just want to loose this agnony
i wanna go fish and catch a trout

*guitar solo*

I went to the doctor man
Said he couldn't take out
mmm still got the splinter in my finger
and now I'm down the bluesy route

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Aug 6 2008, 03:59 PM
wait it out, it will puss up and you can pop it out...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 6 2008, 05:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Bedlam @ Aug 6 2008, 03:59 PM) *
wait it out, it will puss up and you can pop it out...

now thats the reply I was hoping from you lot ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 6 2008, 05:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 6 2008, 06:04 PM) *
now thats the reply I was hoping from you lot ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

And then your finger will get infected, and it will have to be cut off, and then you can't play guitar anymore rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 6 2008, 06:05 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 6 2008, 05:16 PM) *
And then your finger will get infected, and it will have to be cut off, and then you can't play guitar anymore rolleyes.gif

Ohhh my goodness, you are right !

I will be stuck with triad chords forever laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 6 2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe the spliter is the revenge of the worms... their way of telling you how they feel when you put them on the hook.

Well Matt, it's been fun raving about your splinter. Yesterday I was stung by a wasp, I was schooing one away with my hand and it got stuck between two of my fingers and must have thought it was in life threatening danger and stung me.
Got a little itch, nothing more. But today I went out to work in the garden like 1-2 hours ago and I was poking around with one arm up in the air. Appearantly a wasp thought he found a cozy place to sit. When I lowered my arm this one must have thought same as the one from yesterday, danger danger, and stung me in the side where the chest muscle meets my back.
I guess he hit where chest muscle or a nerve since the entire muscle now is pulsating between numb and pain. Nice! If it had been on ly left side I would have though it was a heart attack building up. huh.gif

So the worms got the better of you Matt thought the spliter while you got the better of me by a couple of wasps. ohmy.gif

Nature is striking back, I think it has started... ph34r.gif and to be honest, it's about time.
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 6 2008, 06:15 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 6 2008, 07:10 PM) *
Maybe the spliter is the revenge of the worms... their way of telling you how they feel when you put them on the hook.

Well Matt, it's been fun raving about your splinter. Yesterday I was stung by a wasp, I was schooing one away with my hand and it got stuck between two of my fingers and must have thought it was in life threatening danger and stung me.
Got a little itch, nothing more. But today I went out to work in the garden like 1-2 hours ago and I was poking around with one arm up in the air. Appearantly a wasp thought he found a cozy place to sit. When I lowered my arm this one must have thought same as the one from yesterday, danger danger, and stung me in the side where the chest muscle meets my back.
I guess he hit where chest muscle or a nerve since the entire muscle now is pulsating between numb and pain. Nice! If it had been on ly left side I would have though it was a heart attack building up. huh.gif

So the worms got the better of you Matt thought the spliter while you got the better of me by a couple of wasps. ohmy.gif

Nature is striking back, I think it has started... ph34r.gif and to be honest, it's about time.
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

You'd better see a docter about it, I've read somewhere that the second sting of a wasp can cause allergy. At least I'm pretty certain my stepmom became alergic to wasps that way.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:58 PM