Greetings From South Africa
Maxisoft
Mar 30 2013, 11:01 PM
GMC:er
Greetings all. Great to join such an awesome site. Out here in sunny South Africa its cool to be able to get such distance learning.

I'm a blues lover with a metal axe....I have an Epiphone SG-400 extreme Goth, a Washburn X-series and an Ibanez semi-Acoustic playing through a Marshall Mgx-30 and a Digitech Rg-355 effects pedal. I play for pleasure now after many years of playing Flamenco, rhythm then moving on to keyboards and now onto lead guitar.
i'm 53 years young and maybe past my prime but my love for guitar has not waned..... i been playing since I was 14. I grew up in the Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix era. Back then we called it "Underground" music.

So some of you may be saying that i should be on a geezer site, but just want to tell you that Dave Gilmour, Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler are from my era and if you dont know who they are you really missed somethin.... I was around when the Strat and Les Paul were invented...hehe way before The internet, google, youtube and cell phones...yet we still play those old things....

Ok, so I've introduced myself and I certainly hope I didnt ruffle any young stalwarts feathers and if I did, its not my intention. i'm here to learn as much as the next person and "piss off" wy wife with my constant scale and licks practice.... I see some youngsters with some incredible talent on these forums and I believe that the instructors on this site have a lot to do with that.... I commend you on being such aspirations to the generation.

Great to be here and a privilege

Max

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"He who angers you Defeats you"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2013, 02:12 AM
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif I"m Todd and I'm one of our Instructors here @ GMC. Hop in to the VIDEO CHAT lessons and dive in to the forums. This is a GREAT place to be if you are a guitar player! It's like our own little slice of the web just for us!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Maxisoft @ Mar 30 2013, 06:01 PM) *
Greetings all. Great to join such an awesome site. Out here in sunny South Africa its cool to be able to get such distance learning.

I'm a blues lover with a metal axe....I have an Epiphone SG-400 extreme Goth, a Washburn X-series and an Ibanez semi-Acoustic playing through a Marshall Mgx-30 and a Digitech Rg-355 effects pedal. I play for pleasure now after many years of playing Flamenco, rhythm then moving on to keyboards and now onto lead guitar.
i'm 53 years young and maybe past my prime but my love for guitar has not waned..... i been playing since I was 14. I grew up in the Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix era. Back then we called it "Underground" music.

So some of you may be saying that i should be on a geezer site, but just want to tell you that Dave Gilmour, Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler are from my era and if you dont know who they are you really missed somethin.... I was around when the Strat and Les Paul were invented...hehe way before The internet, google, youtube and cell phones...yet we still play those old things....

Ok, so I've introduced myself and I certainly hope I didnt ruffle any young stalwarts feathers and if I did, its not my intention. i'm here to learn as much as the next person and "piss off" wy wife with my constant scale and licks practice.... I see some youngsters with some incredible talent on these forums and I believe that the instructors on this site have a lot to do with that.... I commend you on being such aspirations to the generation.

Great to be here and a privilege

Max

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 31 2013, 02:16 AM
Welcome! Nice bio, and way cool axe! Blues with a metal guitar...ain't nuttin wrong with that! smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 31 2013, 11:57 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi Max - welcome to GMC! smile.gif
I think that your experience and feedback will be welcome on these boards.

Very cool axe you got there - not sure I have seen one before, reminds me of Batman gear somehow laugh.gif

See you around the site!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Maxisoft
Mar 31 2013, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 31 2013, 10:57 AM) *
Hi Max - welcome to GMC! smile.gif
I think that your experience and feedback will be welcome on these boards.

Very cool axe you got there - not sure I have seen one before, reminds me of Batman gear somehow laugh.gif

See you around the site!

Thanks Bogdan....

A little about my battle Axe: it dont have the "Blues Look" but it sure got the sound....

The Epiphone G-400 Xtreme was introduced in 2002 as a part of the E-Series. After the E-Series was discontinued, it became a part of the Goth Series until it was discontinued in 2004.
2002-2004
2 E-Series "Ultra Hot" Humbuckers
E-logo die-stamped Pickup Covers
Modified SG-style mahogany body
Black Hardware
Bolt-on Maple Neck with "Super Slide" Satin Finish
Dovewing Headstock
Indian Rosewood fingerboard with Dot Inlays
Floyd Rose Licensed Tremolo
Diamond Plate Pickguard
Black barrel knob
1 Volume control
3-way selector Switch
24.75" scale
1.68" nut width
Pitch Black finish

A definite shredding tool, but it plays blues sweetly....in my opinion, a very under-rated axe.... I been advised to put some EMG's on it, but I have seen no other guitar like this so dont want to ruin it by mods....

If Batman could play he would be popular as a shredder....but yea it does look like it belongs in the Bat-mobile....

--------------------
"He who angers you Defeats you"

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 1 2013, 02:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2013, 03:38 AM
Instructor
Hi Max!! Welcome to the site! Let me say that this is one of the coolest guitar I have ever seen!! smile.gif
Blues lover with a metal guitar? It's not weird! I think that it's a really good combination.
We have really great features like collabs, Vchats, Rec, mentoring programs so just let us know if you want some assistance with the site!
I hope that you enjoy GMC!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:58 AM