2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Stealing Songs...
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2014, 12:58 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! This thread is to share songs that you discovered sound similar to other ones.

These are my choices:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Feb 4 2014, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
Stealing small pieces is sometimes okay, so long you turn it into something better...

turned into:

Greenday again:

Oasis:

Madonna:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Feb 4 2014, 01:11 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2014, 01:25 PM
Instructor
I can't believe Dillinger's song! Is it previous to Green day's?? ohmy.gif

In this one I think it's just the intro and style:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 4 2014, 03:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
This intro and some licks of Hendrix was transformed in.......biggrin.gif

....in Tender Surrender laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2014, 04:17 PM
Instructor
hahaha awesome! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Feb 4 2014, 05:44 PM
Greenday was well known to steal their songs... Greenday being most Friday when they would wag school and smoke weed instead, listening to some old songs, they must of learnt the guitar riffs from them and then forgotten about the original song the next day and thought they where just geniuses about coming up with them! Haha, they did at least make some reasonably decent songs out of them at least.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Feb 4 2014, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 4 2014, 10:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker

stole the riff from .........

The Montrose song is a bit trippy at the start but the riff starts at 0:50.

I actually knew the SLF song years before I heard the original, I heard the Montrose track on the radio and thought "Holy crap, they just totally stole that riff from Stiff Little Fingers" LOL! Then I googled the dates...... sad.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 4 2014, 10:49 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 4 2014, 01:34 PM) *
I actually knew the SLF song years before I heard the original, I heard the Montrose track on the radio and thought "Holy crap, they just totally stole that riff from Stiff Little Fingers" LOL! Then I googled the dates...... sad.gif

Wow it's pretty close isn't it? I love that old Montrose album, you know that's Sammy Hagar on vocals right?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 4 2014, 11:15 PM
Well to be honest i doubt its "stealing", probably not related at all, but i like how both these songs share dat same feeling

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 4 2014, 11:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 4 2014, 09:49 PM) *
Wow it's pretty close isn't it? I love that old Montrose album, you know that's Sammy Hagar on vocals right?

Indeed smile.gif I actually got quite into Montrose after hearing them, they were a pretty cool band. I prefer them to hagars other stuff tbh!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 4 2014, 11:58 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 4 2014, 02:38 PM) *
Indeed smile.gif I actually got quite into Montrose after hearing them, they were a pretty cool band. I prefer them to hagars other stuff tbh!

Right on Bleez!" Rock Candy" was among some of the first songs I ever learned to play.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 5 2014, 07:44 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Ok back on topic, Robin Thicke vs Marvin Gaye. My lady Stacie pointed this out to me , but apparently it goes even deeper than she thought.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 5 2014, 07:52 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 5 2014, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Hehe - it's fun to assume things like these and it's even funnier that we will never know the truth behind the assumptions smile.gif

There's a big chance for someone writing a tune, to have another tune so well imbued in the back of their mind, that they would use parts of it unconsciously in the new tune smile.gif I think this is happening A LOT smile.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 5 2014, 10:17 AM

Shocked this hasn't been mentioned! laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 5 2014, 12:16 PM
Instructor
Ha ha ! Monica...We all steal form Hendrix biggrin.gif Even if just a few notes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2014, 01:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 5 2014, 03:44 AM) *
Ok back on topic, Robin Thicke vs Marvin Gaye. My lady Stacie pointed this out to me , but apparently it goes even deeper than she thought.

haha I feel like listening to covers. tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 5 2014, 08:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
Look at this one;

Excel - Tapping Into the Emotional Void , was copyrighted in 1986 and released in 1988

And famous Metallica - Enter Sandman , released in 1991

This post has been edited by Renan: Feb 5 2014, 08:31 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2014, 09:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 5 2014, 09:17 AM) *

Shocked this hasn't been mentioned! laugh.gif

Haha! Sorry mate - this one was TOO obvious to be mentioned tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 6 2014, 09:36 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 6 2014, 03:14 AM) *
Haha! Sorry mate - this one was TOO obvious to be mentioned tongue.gif

So true! We shall post this one up then! tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 6 2014, 01:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting topic!
This has always fascinated me - are these just musical coincidences or...?

There is so much music out there so it is not like the odds of compositing something that was already done are non existent but stil... This is usually the case with pretty famous songs. It would really interesting to hear thoughts from the bands involved on this.

Another example :

RHCP's version :

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:18 PM