The Sfc, Lol
vampire18
Nov 6 2009, 02:05 PM
Learning Rock Star

i saw this and couldnt stop laughing, i mean thier not bad players but omg a slash fan club? what are you 14 year old girls? not to mention the put their guitar so low the look like thier arm is going to fall off from picking, not to mention how uneceserally difficult it makes it, and i dont know what they think but defintely doesnt make them look cool

plus check out 6:10 the only guy who didnt play a fake or real LP, dont know how he got to be in the slash fan club lol

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by vampire18: Nov 6 2009, 02:10 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 6 2009, 02:13 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Personally i dont see much of a problem here, just some guys jamming in the style of their favourite player...we do that here too tongue.gif

About guitar position, i probably look just as stupid(/if not more) with my "petrucci-style, wear the guitar as a necklace style" and left leg classical sat down position...but then again i have tiny fingers and need a "good" position

On a side note..am i the only person that read the thread title and thought we'd be talking about Southern Fried Chicken? .....i hate missing lunch tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 6 2009, 02:17 PM
GMC:er
That second kid needs a lesson in guitar wearing! That was painful to watch. Most of them are biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
vampire18
Nov 6 2009, 02:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
theres nothing wrong to jamming to your favourite guitarist, but there is something wrong with this, and picking up his bad habbits, and belleiving your way awsome to be doing that lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 6 2009, 02:52 PM
talk bout low slung.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 6 2009, 04:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Personally, I think it's great. A bunch of guys who hold a common interest in a performer and in guitar playing got together and made a video collaboration...sound familiar?

Also, I don't feel we are in any place to criticize other guitar players and their abilities. I am sure if these guys wanted to, they could watch our REC videos and rip them apart. Let's just enjoy our common interest in guitars and support each other. After all...it's the friendly, supportive environment that makes this place different from all other sites on the internet.

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 6 2009, 04:55 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 6 2009, 05:37 PM
Nothing was said about skill/abilities:D Just that its painful to play with your guitar so low!

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Nov 7 2009, 01:09 PM
I actually enjoyed some of the video's, but I used to listen to GN'R a lot so I recognized most of the licks. The last player was definitely the best, easily spotted, but I think they all did a great job. We shouldn't judge them on how low they hang their guitars, but by their playing. Everyone has got their bad habits and their own way of ´being cool'. We ourselves will have definitely picked up things we think are cool and other people might think are not. That´s just the way it is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dusty
Nov 7 2009, 05:34 PM
i thought that was great and wished i had that sort of skill. although just looking at thier playing positions makes my lower back twinge and wrists throb (old age i suppose)

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 7 2009, 07:31 PM
Instructor
Hey, people just do what they like - who can blame them wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 7 2009, 07:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This was actually sweet video for me to see! The made it very well! smile.gif Regarding that low position - yeah it is painful but it does look cool smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 8 2009, 03:13 AM
I never understood how people can play with the guitar THAT low.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:09 AM