Sunday: Guitar Practice Or Family Meetings?
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2013, 08:24 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! Sundays are usually very relaxed days when whatever we want without any type of responsibilities... I basically use them to visit my family, go out, play guitar, watch movies, and things like that...

What you do on Sundays? What are you doing today?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
bleez
Mar 3 2013, 09:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 3 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Hi guys! Sundays are usually very relaxed days when whatever we want without any type of responsibilities... I basically use them to visit my family, go out, play guitar, watch movies, and things like that...

What you do on Sundays? What are you doing today?

I watched the classic albums edition with Metallica talking about the making of the Black album, played some guitar and then got right into this song :

Ive never really listened to this type of stuff before but today for some reason I cant get enough of it!

As you can see..... I live life in the fast lane LOL! rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bleez: Mar 3 2013, 09:18 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 4 2013, 12:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I usually drive a state over and go see my Dad.

I live with my mom so I don't get to see him very often. We usually hang out with his side of the family and have a good time. I also use it for getting school work done in the afternoon.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 4 2013, 12:15 AM
GMC:er
I usually go visit my father, and work on misc. projects. It is also the day I try to force my computer to record things......It has been a losing battle lately. And to try to relax and forget that I have to go back to a real job the next day. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 4 2013, 11:12 AM
Learning Roadie
I did a lot of guitar playing we've had an Ex Hillsong Australia worship leader with us this weekend

8:30 Vocal Warm Ups
8:45 -10 Sound check and run through
11-11:40 Worship part of Service (broke a string 1st strum of 1st song!)

5:30 Run through for Special Worship Night
7-8:45 Worship Night

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
The Professor
Mar 4 2013, 11:59 AM
Theory Instructor
Sundays are usually my busiest days since I teach a lot on Skype and students are usually free on Weekends, more so than weekdays.

Though, this weekend I was giving a two-day clinic at the Leeds College of Music in the UK called the "Rhythm and Groove Workshop."

Fun 2 days, covered durations, playing at various tempos, rhythmic transposition, rhythmic retrograde, rhythmic mirroring, accents in chords and soloing etc.

Never a bad way to spend a Sunday!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 4 2013, 01:42 PM
Weekends are my time with family, and to relax. Weeks are always insanely busy, since I usually teach/play 60-70 hours, so come the weekend I'm ready to put the guitar down for a couple of days!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2013, 01:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 3 2013, 05:17 PM) *
I watched the classic albums edition with Metallica talking about the making of the Black album, played some guitar and then got right into this song :

Ive never really listened to this type of stuff before but today for some reason I cant get enough of it!

As you can see..... I live life in the fast lane LOL! rolleyes.gif

I'm checking that song now... and enjoying it! Is it an instrumental band?

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 4 2013, 07:12 AM) *
I did a lot of guitar playing we've had an Ex Hillsong Australia worship leader with us this weekend

8:30 Vocal Warm Ups
8:45 -10 Sound check and run through
11-11:40 Worship part of Service (broke a string 1st strum of 1st song!)

5:30 Run through for Special Worship Night
7-8:45 Worship Night

Awesome mate! Where is the thread with details and pics?? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Professor @ Mar 4 2013, 07:59 AM) *
Sundays are usually my busiest days since I teach a lot on Skype and students are usually free on Weekends, more so than weekdays.

Though, this weekend I was giving a two-day clinic at the Leeds College of Music in the UK called the "Rhythm and Groove Workshop."

Fun 2 days, covered durations, playing at various tempos, rhythmic transposition, rhythmic retrograde, rhythmic mirroring, accents in chords and soloing etc.

Never a bad way to spend a Sunday!

That's very interesting Professor! Are you going to share some of that rhythmic stuff here? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
The Professor
Mar 4 2013, 01:56 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 4 2013, 12:55 PM) *
That's very interesting Professor! Are you going to share some of that rhythmic stuff here? smile.gif

I certainly will!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2013, 02:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Professor @ Mar 4 2013, 09:56 AM) *
I certainly will!

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 4 2013, 04:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 4 2013, 12:55 PM) *
I'm checking that song now... and enjoying it! Is it an instrumental band?

Yeah, although I did hear a cover they done of a groundhogs song with vocals but I think they are mainly just instrumental. ya gotta love a 20 minute song biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Mar 4 2013, 04:25 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
wollace03
Mar 4 2013, 09:46 PM
sunday is family day and I usually spend the whole day playing with my children......
so, normally no guitar on sundays...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2013, 10:44 AM
Instructor
Usually during weekends I have private lessons with students coming over at my place for lessons starting with 10 AM till about 4 PM smile.gif After that, usually gym/ sword practicing/ playing the guitar and having lunch with my family - It's family tradition for each weekend!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2013, 02:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 4 2013, 12:24 PM) *
Yeah, although I did hear a cover they done of a groundhogs song with vocals but I think they are mainly just instrumental. ya gotta love a 20 minute song biggrin.gif

It must be so cool to play guitar in a band like this one! smile.gif I'll check more of their music...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 AM