British Tv Waking Up To Metal ?
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2012, 10:44 AM
Instructor
I was pleasantly surprised to see that an actual Iron Maiden documentary and full concert would be broadcast on British television..

Granted, it's not the same as some countries actually broadcasting the show live, but it's better than it's ever been. Of course, they're only going to give this exposure only to mega successful acts, like Maiden are, but still it's pretty cool to see them get some respect and recognition from the British TV people..

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 28 2012, 10:54 AM
GMC:er
What is Even More guitar heroes show? (after Iron Maiden documentaries..)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 28 2012, 10:57 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
And why do you watch Big Brother instead of Maiden, Ben?? Admit it, that's what you're gonna do!

But seriously, it's awesome that they show En Vivo on TV. Once in a while, a german TV channel called 3SAT will broadcast 24hrs of concerts in a row, but this only happens three times a year.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 28 2012, 10:59 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 28 2012, 09:57 AM) *
And why do you watch Big Brother instead of Maiden, Ben?? Admit it, that's what you're gonna do!

But seriously, it's awesome that they show En Vivo on TV. Once in a while, a german TV channel called 3SAT will broadcast 24hrs of concerts in a row, but this only happens three times a year.

It's bad to see how whole world's Television is Killing Metal!!! mad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 28 2012, 10:54 AM) *
What is Even More guitar heroes show? (after Iron Maiden documentaries..)

It will just be a mixture of footage from old episodes of Top of The Pops, people like Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Dire Straits etc..

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 28 2012, 11:55 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
ben, do you get the channel 'Sky Arts'? it sounds a bit posh but lately they have shown maidens Live after death concert, loads of metal documentaries, Classic album shows with sabbath, floyd, motorhead etc. They even have highlights from this years Download ( minus sabbath unfortunately )
Its a crazy channel!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 28 2012, 12:32 PM
Congrats that you have some Metal in the UK. Metal doesn't exist here mad.gif Only in internet mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2012, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 28 2012, 11:55 AM) *
ben, do you get the channel 'Sky Arts'? it sounds a bit posh but lately they have shown maidens Live after death concert, loads of metal documentaries, Classic album shows with sabbath, floyd, motorhead etc. They even have highlights from this years Download ( minus sabbath unfortunately )
Its a crazy channel!

No, I don't have Sky ! sad.gif

Live After Death on tv... who'd have though it ? wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 28 2012, 06:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 28 2012, 02:25 PM) *
No, I don't have Sky ! sad.gif

Live After Death on tv... who'd have though it ? wink.gif

mental innit! "Scream for me sky aaaarts!"
I have the gig on dvd and cd but I still recorded it from sky..... what's that about huh.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2012, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Nice news!! Iron Maiden deserves much more attention than Big Brother!! By the way we don't have Maiden in Argentinean TV. mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2012, 12:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 28 2012, 09:29 PM) *
By the way we don't have Maiden in Argentinean TV. mad.gif

I'm surprised considering how metal has a massive following in South America.. oh well, tv or no tv, it doesn't stop people loving the music they love smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2012, 08:24 PM
I can think of a great opening act for their next tour and their in the same area! RECKONING!
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 28 2012, 05:44 AM) *
I was pleasantly surprised to see that an actual Iron Maiden documentary and full concert would be broadcast on British television..

Granted, it's not the same as some countries actually broadcasting the show live, but it's better than it's ever been. Of course, they're only going to give this exposure only to mega successful acts, like Maiden are, but still it's pretty cool to see them get some respect and recognition from the British TV people..

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:16 PM