New Record Looming
klasaine
May 12 2015, 02:24 AM
GMC:er
Greetings all.

In January I recorded 8 tunes with Kendall Kay (drums), Mike Michael Alvidrez (upright bass) and Chris Christopher Guardino (electric piano). Most songs are 4-tet but a few are trio. For lack of a better label, it's a jazz guitar record. It was engineered and produced by Sheldon Gomberg at his Carriage House studio and mastered by Joe Gastwirt.

Here's one tune available on a Band Camp site ... https://kl4music1.bandcamp.com/track/ode-to-billie-joe-2

I'm still deciding on art as well as CDs, vinyl and digital only release options.
(I don't think I have the money to do vinyl)

Hope you like it! - KL

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Todd Simpson
May 12 2015, 05:18 AM
Super congrats!! Looking forward to it smile.gif That one track on bandcamp seems to feature one tom tom in mix for some reason but I like the guitar tone!

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 11 2015, 09:24 PM) *
Greetings all.

In January I recorded 8 tunes with Kendall Kay (drums), Mike Michael Alvidrez (upright bass) and Chris Christopher Guardino (electric piano). Most songs are 4-tet but a few are trio. For lack of a better label, it's a jazz guitar record. It was engineered and produced by Sheldon Gomberg at his Carriage House studio and mastered by Joe Gastwirt.

Here's one tune available on a Band Camp site ... https://kl4music1.bandcamp.com/track/ode-to-billie-joe-2

I'm still deciding on art as well as CDs, vinyl and digital only release options.
(I don't think I have the money to do vinyl)

Hope you like it! - KL

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2015, 09:26 PM
I didn't realize how many folks had been making METAL covers of the HOFF tune but it's become a huge thing evidently! Here is one of them smile.gif

EDIT: boy did I mean to post this on another thread!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 12 2015, 09:27 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 12 2015, 09:32 PM
GMC Founder
Brilliant!! Your phrasing is amazing - very Sco:ish. I love how you play around the beat - gives that realistic, 3D sound.

Inspired by you and Sco I am working on something similar in this moment. Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 12 2015, 09:46 PM
Keep it here Todd. I dig the surreal element it adds (seriously!)

Thanks for the compliment Kris.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2015, 01:19 AM
I'm with ya!! smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 12 2015, 04:46 PM) *
Keep it here Todd. I dig the surreal element it adds (seriously!)

Thanks for the compliment Kris.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 13 2015, 10:44 AM
Instructor
Excellent performance Ken! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 13 2015, 04:10 PM
Instructor
That's very cool! Congrats on the recording and your fantastic phrasing. Your tone and playing are so tasty. Very nice to hear.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:18 AM