Carcass Reunion Tour Announced!
steiner666
Jun 25 2008, 07:07 PM
GMC:er
FINALLY! After months and months and months of jealousy of my European friends, who get multiple chances to see one of my all-time favorite bands reunion shows at different metal festivals this summer, Carcass have finally announced that they will be coming to the U.S. for some shows. As of now, only 1 shows is announced, in NYC, but that just wouldn't make sense to come all the way across the ocean for just 1 show!

Bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker made these comments on the matter:

“Well we waited and waited (just to make you sweat), but it doesn't look like Bush and Blair's phony war has any end in sight. The dollar ain't gonna get any stronger, gas ain't gonna get any cheaper, so it's now or never! I guess you ex-colonists need cheering up and the only thing we can think of is some old school grind and death metal (laughs)! Joking aside, we KNOW damn well we HAVE to play the U.S. if only to either shut you all up or completely disappoint you and shatter your illusions about this band! Either way it's gonna be a 'blast' as you say out there. We're looking to recreate the road trip of the Summer of '90 with DEATH which was one of the best times of our lives (Christ I sound old)! To quote Herchell Gordon Lewis as on Necroticism ‘PREPARE TO DIE’!”

The first show will be at the Nokia Theatre in New York City on September 6, 2008. The show will also feature NECROPHAGIST and ABORTED, as well as 3 unannounced guests. Whether or not these supporting bands will be with them for the duration of the U.S. tour is unknown though.

Be sure that I'll post here whenever they announce the rest of the tour smile.gif

THIS NEWS REALLY MADE MY DAY! biggrin.gif I never thought I'd get a chance to see these guys in my life!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 25 2008, 07:19 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This is just amazing, I hope they come to Florida. If they don't I'll be screwed out of seeing one of the best musical acts ever. God I hope they come! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 26 2008, 05:42 PM
Instructor
Great news!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:19 PM