2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Special Guitar Body Types, Other models than strats, tele, sg or LP
Guitar models
What kind of guitar do you have which isn't a strat, sg, tele or lp?
V [ 6 ] ** [20.00%]
Mocking bird [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Jackson Kelly [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
Warlock [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Two neck electric [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
Two neck acoustic [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Explorer [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
Razorback [ 2 ] ** [6.67%]
Firebird [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
Virgin [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Beast [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
Warrior [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
zombie [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
draco [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Something so special YOU couldn't handle it! [ 6 ] ** [20.00%]
other [ 9 ] ** [30.00%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
SLASH91
Feb 15 2008, 11:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 15 2008, 02:31 PM) *
The KFK sig is fantastic if that's the $1000 model, w/ EMGs + 20 DB boost. BUT it has a khaler bridge. Boo.

The Khaler trem blows bigtime, huh? sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 16 2008, 12:27 AM
Actually it doesn't blow big time, in fact you can "block" the trem with the twist of a screw and play it like a fixed bridge. BUT it will go out of tune on aggressive bends but with a dip of the bar, it comes back in tune. When it's locked in fixed position you can unscrew the locking nut and downtune it as a you would a fixed bridge, which is handy. Apparently they also break strings by the bead somewhat more than a Floyd will, but I get the distinct impression that for hobbyists like myself, it's not that big of a deal. I prefer FRs just because I'm more familiar with them. But the KFK is not short on features, Neck Thru with top flight electronics and hardware, you really can't go wrong. BUT the Alexi 600's are on sale right now at Sam Ash's website for $700 new. Since they have EMG HZ4 you can pretty much do a direct swap with an 81 since EMGs have that' neat wiring harness. The new Alexi 600's feature the SD Blackout. The only reason I hesitate with the Khaler is because I use bends a lot more than I use the bar, so I'd have to change my style to incorporate more dips to keep it in tune. Still a fantastic guitar (on paper), I'd love to get my hands on one and demo it though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 16 2008, 06:38 AM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 15 2008, 05:27 PM) *
Actually it doesn't blow big time, in fact you can "block" the trem with the twist of a screw and play it like a fixed bridge. BUT it will go out of tune on aggressive bends but with a dip of the bar, it comes back in tune. When it's locked in fixed position you can unscrew the locking nut and downtune it as a you would a fixed bridge, which is handy. Apparently they also break strings by the bead somewhat more than a Floyd will, but I get the distinct impression that for hobbyists like myself, it's not that big of a deal. I prefer FRs just because I'm more familiar with them. But the KFK is not short on features, Neck Thru with top flight electronics and hardware, you really can't go wrong. BUT the Alexi 600's are on sale right now at Sam Ash's website for $700 new. Since they have EMG HZ4 you can pretty much do a direct swap with an 81 since EMGs have that' neat wiring harness. The new Alexi 600's feature the SD Blackout. The only reason I hesitate with the Khaler is because I use bends a lot more than I use the bar, so I'd have to change my style to incorporate more dips to keep it in tune. Still a fantastic guitar (on paper), I'd love to get my hands on one and demo it though.

The turning it into a fixed bridge part sounds pretty cool, but I also use bends more than the bar. Still sounds cool, but kinda annoying...do you know if the SD Blackout pickup is worth paying more for, or would it be better to just get the older version of the Alexi-600 and swap pickups?

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Feb 16 2008, 06:38 AM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:46 AM