2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Randy Rhoads
Understudy
Nov 10 2007, 09:25 AM
GMC:er
He actually wrote Dee when he was in Quiet Riot. Youtube has a few vids of him with Quiet Riot, he plays a solo in one show, breaks off from the solo and plays Dee and then back into the solo. Damn I miss his playing, what a loss to the guitar community. RIP.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 11 2007, 07:56 AM
QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 10 2007, 01:50 AM) *
I don't understand why Rhoads isn't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

He should be, He definitely influenced metal guitar playing for future bands.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
randyl
Nov 11 2007, 08:47 AM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 7 2007, 05:49 PM) *
How Randy died is really the huge bummer on whole thing; some guy piloting the plane was doing some stupid stuff which got them killed. If they would have not fooled around Randy would more than likely be here today. The thing is though from what I have read he probably would have quit Ozzy and gone on to get his Masters in music.
From what I remember Randy did not like to fly.He would tour by bus.He was coaxed to go for that ride as a gag to scare Ozzy and whoever else was sleeping in the bus.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 11 2007, 10:05 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I heard the same about Randy wanting to study for a Masters in Music. Huge loss as he was both a great musician and by all accounts a really nice guy sad.gif .

Dee is a beautiful acoustic piece and lovely to hear the out takes - he comes across with a great sense of humour.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 11 2007, 10:17 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Nov 11 2007, 01:56 AM) *
He should be, He definitely influenced metal guitar playing for future bands.

In order to be in the R&R Hall Of Fame your first album has to be released 25 years prior to that time. When he was with Quiet Riot Randy was not a famous musician so he wouldn't get credit towards that as being famous and well known. He would get the credit for Blizzard Of Ozz (as a famous musician) because that is where he became a huge sensation.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 11 2007, 10:29 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Rather begs the question then whether or not the ''R&R Hall of Fame" needs to relax their requirement or review it wink.gif - hard to see IMO that Randy isn't worthy of a place? Albeit I've been to lazy to go and check who is in...

Maybe this is my issue but to me Randy was not just a great player but also innovative and so surely a deserved recipient?

Cheers,
Tony

Ps Not a dig at you Unleash as I realise your just saying how it is smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:02 AM