Cosmin's First Cut
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2013, 08:25 AM
Instructor
Alright ladies and gents - this Saturday, we had the Autumn sword seminar which also involved our first cuts. This movie here, depicts my very first cut, using an extremely sharp and dangerous shinken (true sword). Needless to say, the sensation was outworldly... but cutting.. well, it's a difficult business. I managed 2 clean ones out of 6 smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Taka Perry
Sep 23 2013, 08:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
That's awesome Cosmin. biggrin.gif Funny, I speak Japanese (fluently) and shinken means 'real sword'. Looks like you had fun, now you just need some samurai battle music in the background laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2013, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Hehe, thanks mate - I knew it was something like true/real biggrin.gif Just didn't know which one tongue.gif

Anyway - how long have you been learning it?

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 23 2013, 08:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2013, 05:47 PM) *
Hehe, thanks mate - I knew it was something like true/real biggrin.gif Just didn't know which one tongue.gif

Anyway - how long have you been learning it?

Haha, I'm actually half Japanese, so ever since I was a baby I guess biggrin.gif I grew up speaking both Japanese and English in my home smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 23 2013, 08:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
Congrats Cosmin for your first cut smile.gif

"Know yourself and you will win all battles" - Sun Tzu wink.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 23 2013, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2013, 09:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 23 2013, 07:59 AM) *
Congrats Cosmin for your first cut smile.gif

"Know yourself and you will win all battles" - Sun Tzu wink.gif

Aaaa, someone is reading the elders smile.gif Good, very good!

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 23 2013, 07:54 AM) *
Haha, I'm actually half Japanese, so ever since I was a baby I guess biggrin.gif I grew up speaking both Japanese and English in my home smile.gif

Aaaaaaaahh! biggrin.gif That makes so much sense! Are you a martial arts practitioner too?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2013, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Cosmin that rocks ! Well done man.. you are our resident Musashi ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 23 2013, 09:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2013, 06:05 PM) *
Aaaaaaaahh! biggrin.gif That makes so much sense! Are you a martial arts practitioner too?

Haha, I did Karate when I was 3, that's about it! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 23 2013, 09:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool Start , Cosmin !

When i look at this vid it feels a bit strange around my neck huh.gif - WHY ?

One Question about breathing !

Why did you do not the Kiaaaaay at the moment when you let your energy out on the point ?

This would , as i mean , give a much greater energy effect . But thats from the view of Karate i am not an expert into Swordart !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 23 2013, 11:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin looks great smile.gif You look very confident with the sword, awesome!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 23 2013, 11:26 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Awesome video Cosmin! smile.gif

So that is what will happen if someone doesn't submit their collab video on time? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2013, 09:25 AM) *
Alright ladies and gents - this Saturday, we had the Autumn sword seminar which also involved our first cuts. This movie here, depicts my very first cut, using an extremely sharp and dangerous shinken (true sword). Needless to say, the sensation was outworldly... but cutting.. well, it's a difficult business. I managed 2 clean ones out of 6 smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 23 2013, 03:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that is most badass
I sooo want a samurai sword!

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 23 2013, 11:26 AM) *
So that is what will happen if someone doesn't submit their collab video on time? laugh.gif

LOL! laugh.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 23 2013, 03:15 PM
GMC:er
You making a guitar Cosmin? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Cosmin is learning how to shave his beard with a "one cut of sword" without hurting himself biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Sep 23 2013, 03:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 23 2013, 06:26 AM) *

LOL... Ok Bogdan, you are a real cut up man, but you're gonna have to cut that out. smile.gif

Although, Cos does remind me a little of Slash in this video.... ohmy.gif

Sorry Cos, it is cool stuff..... cool.gif

Ok, lunch time... goin for a slice of pizza...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2013, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 23 2013, 10:26 AM) *

Very inspiring comment from Bogdan and a very good idea biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hajduk @ Sep 23 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Cosmin looks great smile.gif You look very confident with the sword, awesome!

Thank you Tom and thank to all you guys biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 23 2013, 08:57 AM) *
Cool Start , Cosmin !

When i look at this vid it feels a bit strange around my neck huh.gif - WHY ?

One Question about breathing !

Why did you do not the Kiaaaaay at the moment when you let your energy out on the point ?

This would , as i mean , give a much greater energy effect . But thats from the view of Karate i am not an expert into Swordart !

Dieter

Dieter, in classical swordsmanship, the kiai is not always present out of what I know - I've noticed it in the May seminar, being done by the great master Takara, but neither Sensei nor the other more advanced of my colleagues did not utter the kiai when cutting.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 23 2013, 08:19 AM) *
Cosmin that rocks ! Well done man.. you are our resident Musashi ! smile.gif

You are far too kind Ben smile.gif I am no master, only a humble student

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 23 2013, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 23 2013, 06:16 PM

Dieter, in classical swordsmanship, the kiai is not always present out of what I know - I've noticed it in the May seminar, being done by the great master Takara, but neither Sensei nor the other more advanced of my colleagues did not utter the kiai when cutting.

Thank you , Cosmin , for the answer !

It is very interesting , so i gonna check that out a bit more around my place .

What could be on first view , it might not be allowed to teach this technic`s full minded to destroy something or one .

So Samurai Codex !?

Breathing sure is a main point by using his body as a weapon breathing out when is a movement to absorb or lead energy from/to a point , the so called Kiai actually is concentrated Energy outlet with full mind to destroy , so much more effektively to the point.

It is Great that you are into material art and i wish you a successful Path !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2013, 10:55 PM
Instructor
Thank you Dieter - actually, you just started my interest on more about kiai. Searching for stuff to read right now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 24 2013, 09:27 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 23 2013, 11:55 PM) *
Thank you Dieter - actually, you just started my interest on more about kiai. Searching for stuff to read right now smile.gif

There is a excellent book about breathing ( ONLY ) from B.K.S.Iyengar in german Licht auf Pranayam

so in english i think Light on Pranayama !

First study breathing basic ! You can ask me any time -- Privat mail --

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2013, 10:13 AM
Instructor
Thanks Dieter! I'll write you for certain!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:05 PM