Boss Me-25?, Anyone own/tried?
Todd Simpson
Feb 9 2012, 07:30 AM
GMC:er
JTaylor was asking about this multi pedal so I thought I'd see if anyone had any experience?

I've not used one. However, I have been using the ALESIS IO DOCK and and IPAD2 with

AMP KIT
GARAGE BAND
ISHRED LIVE

and I"m really impressed with how they sound. I posted a bit back about the new alesis doc that has an external foot pedal with expression / wah foot control. Don't get me wrong, I"m all for a big Marshall/Engl/Boogie/etc. But being able to have a rig that fits in a back pack and sounds pretty decent is just plain handy!

Here is link to the thread in my instructor forum for reference.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=40775

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 9 2012, 09:48 AM
Instructor
I really haven't used it, but since it's Boss, it should be good. It's cheap, you can control it by foot and it has a phrase looper for practice.

This is a good device for home practice, for live, so-so.. Perhaps in FX loop of some good amp, the effects can be useful, but in front of a clean amp, it will sound plastic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
K1R
Feb 9 2012, 11:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I've been using Boss ME-25 for anout two years now smile.gif It is my first processor so I have nothing to compare it to. But I find its sound great. You can check out my youtube channel (in my signature), all my videos are shot with it. Unfortunately I couldn't find good presets in the internet, so I had to make my own. Anyway, you can download some presets from boss official site and built in presets are also pretty good smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Feb 10 2012, 05:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have the ME-70. Same processor, just more foot controls.
I used it in my first two collabs. It's good for recording DI. I haven't tried it live. It's a solid unit and tons of options that affect tone. Despite the fact you can literally dial in tones on the face without having to deal with flipping through menu settings, it can be a little daunting at first. The red LED light on that unit will burn your eyes out too. I have to put tape on it when working with it in a dim-lit room. Way too bright. But I suppose it's good on stage smile.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:57 AM