What Do You Do If You Cant Sleep ?
chast
Dec 10 2007, 01:05 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC'ers

Since I dont fall asleep I'm wondering what do you guys do if you dont fall asleep ?
Usually I do nothing than resting in the bed and try to fall asleep but right now I am too awake to fall asleep wink.gif

I already read a bit before I went to bed but there is no sign of fatigue sad.gif
Right now it is 01:10 o'clock (1:10 pm ^^) and I want to sleep because I need to be awake for the upcoming math test tomorrow (its not the math test that keeps me awake wink.gif)

Greets Max

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by chast: Dec 10 2007, 01:20 AM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Chris Evans
Dec 10 2007, 01:07 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hmmm, I have this problem quite a lot too m8 dry.gif can be a real pain sometimes, especially when theres meetings etc the following day, I usually find sitting in front of the tv for a bit with the lights off gets me ready (obviously with the tv switched on lol!) cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 10 2007, 01:08 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 10 2007, 01:09 AM
GMC:er
Yeah I have real problems sleeping, think I'm an insomniac!
I usually get up and drink some warm milk, sometimes helps.

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 10 2007, 01:12 AM
Read or watch TV while in bed, works for me.

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 10 2007, 01:15 AM
Learning Roadie
I know what I need to fall asleep... My history teacher biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Even if you are in love with history, you wont find his lessons interessting. Nevertheless he is a very kind guy who can understand the pupil (in my opinion only a few teacher can)

This post has been edited by chast: Dec 10 2007, 01:17 AM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Batista
Dec 10 2007, 01:21 AM
I'm counting sheeps or old grandmothers. Or not ... I usually read some cartoons or something until I get tired, or else I'm just laying flat out and thinking until I'm falling asleep. Really not much to do about it.

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 10 2007, 01:26 AM
what i do is i get my iPod and set a sleep timer (depending on your state), if im very awake, i set 1 hour, if im near sleeping, i put 30 mins and i just try to sleep listening to the music, it works for me alot. smile.gif

QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 9 2007, 06:07 PM) *
Hmmm, I have this problem quite a lot too m8 dry.gif can be a real pain sometimes, especially when theres meetings etc the following day, I usually find sitting in front of the tv for a bit with the lights off gets me ready (obviously with the tv switched on lol!) cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif My dad does that alot laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 10 2007, 01:30 AM
Instructor
If I can't sleep, I don't sleep wink.gif

Joking smile.gif You cannot force your body to rest, have to find a way to clear your mind and relax, everything is in our heads. smile.gif

But if you have to much energy, than maybe you should consider some physical exercises in the evening, and you'll sleep like a baby biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
buckjones
Dec 10 2007, 01:33 AM
I've got an idea pick up the guitar and rock out till you can't rock out any more biggrin.gif Usually wears me right out... Plus for me it gets my mind off of things.

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 10 2007, 01:35 AM
I either fall asleep with the tv on, or when it's off, I focus my mind on one thing (cant be sleep) and it works for me.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 10 2007, 01:42 AM
Instructor
I'm looking at the monitor until my eyes start to bleed,
then I watch all 3 chapter of LOTR,
after that Ilisten to The Wall album and then I'm dead laugh.gif

Really,have similar problems,
only able to sleep when I'm REALLY tired dry.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Dec 10 2007, 01:48 AM
I turn off the lights and BAM... drop dead right there... No books no rocking sad.gif just pitch BLACK

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 10 2007, 03:38 AM
I'll play either myself to sleep on my acoustic or I'll just lay in bed thinking about all kinds of crap until I bore myself to sleep. biggrin.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Dec 10 2007, 03:50 AM
When I cant go to sleep and I know i need to (test or something next day) what I do is try to just clear all the thoughts from my head and listen to my breathing and really not let myself think. It s tricky at first but once you get good at it, it really works well, especially if im really restless

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 10 2007, 03:57 AM
Yep, try and read while lying down. I have been sleeping good for a couple of weeks now. Every time I lay in bed, in 5 min im out for the night. 7-9 hrs of pure sleep. My sleeping pattern for the past 5 months was sleeping at 5 in the morning. It was a pain going to school because I have to wake up at 6. Imagine doing that and trying to concentrate in college. It was a nice afternoon sleep though.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 10 2007, 04:01 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 10 2007, 10:29 AM
Lets go fishing!
Ahhh guys, glad to see this thread.

Does anyone here experience problems sleeping if they shred really hard before bed time? I think I mentioned this before in a similair thread.

I spent the whole of Saturday evening sweep picking and when i got to bed i had a wild night unsure.gif From now on Im only ever shredding in the morning or afternoon cause I need a good nights sleep tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 10 2007, 11:12 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 10 2007, 09:29 AM) *
Ahhh guys, glad to see this thread.
Does anyone here experience problems sleeping if they shred really hard before bed time? I think I mentioned this before in a similair thread.

I spent the whole of Saturday evening sweep picking and when i got to bed i had a wild night unsure.gif From now on Im only ever shredding in the morning or afternoon cause I need a good nights sleep tongue.gif

Occasionaly yea m8, have the whole thing going through my mind, I just do what I said earlier, get up and go and watch some tv, find any film that looks half sensible and watch it till I drop. smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 10 2007, 11:52 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 10 2007, 10:12 AM) *
Occasionaly yea m8, have the whole thing going through my mind, I just do what I said earlier, get up and go and watch some tv, find any film that looks half sensible and watch it till I drop. smile.gif

yeah I was spinning out saturday night i tell you laugh.gif All my brain could do was process was guitar stuff and all i wanted to was sleep tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 10 2007, 12:09 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
If i find myself unable to sleeps, i usually.

A ) Fight Crime
B ) Play Some Guitar
C ) Watch The History Channel Special On Flags

truthfully, 90% of the time i go on GMC

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 10 2007, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 10 2007, 12:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
I find switching over to Nickleoden and watching Spongebob is great for relaxing the mind and getting a good nights sleep tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:48 AM