Problem With My Internet[please Help Me!]
peterorg54
Oct 4 2007, 10:37 AM
GMC:er
S***.....

i don't know what to do with this f***** problem.... please help me !!

well... i got virus while just surfing ... so i used some virus killer program, and i thought all virus was just gone...

but, when im going to view some video cilps , I get the "address is not valid" message along with " / " in the URL bar.....

even i click 'refresh' button like 10000times it wont work...

i mean,, what is worng with this thing., i mean like , what does '/' mean ?????????

there supposed to be 'http://' .......

like only two slashes..

and sometimes, even im not going to view some videos,, it just turn to 'address is not valid page'....

with the "/"............

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww

please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited for language and title changed - Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 4 2007, 10:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 4 2007, 10:42 AM
I'll let some of the more computer suave people on here help you (I have no clue how to fix it), but I just wanted to give you the heads up to censor the cursing before Andrew gets to it. Not that it bothers me at all, just wanted to give you a heads up. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
RobM
Oct 4 2007, 10:50 AM
Well I also have to say that cursing especially when you have to take the time to write it all out (even when muted like you did) really makes you look immature and ignorant. As for the computer problem; what kind of virus was it, what was the virus cleaner that you used. What exactly are the error messages that you are getting now?

Are you getting those messages from saved links or are you going from a list of address or just from a link on any random page?

That should be enough questions for now to get the problem figured out. You are probably going to have to reload your operating system from your system disc. You do know where that is don't you? odd as it may seem, you would be surprised to find out how many casual computer users don't know the location of the discs that came with their computer.

Edited to remove inappropriate quoted content from first post - Andrew

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 4 2007, 10:53 AM

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
peterorg54
Oct 4 2007, 11:18 AM
QUOTE (RobM @ Oct 4 2007, 02:50 AM) *
Well I also have to say that cursing especially when you have to take the time to write it all out (even when muted like you did) really makes you look immature and ignorant. As for the computer problem; what kind of virus was it, what was the virus cleaner that you used. What exactly are the error messages that you are getting now?

Are you getting those messages from saved links or are you going from a list of address or just from a link on any random page?

That should be enough questions for now to get the problem figured out. You are probably going to have to reload your operating system from your system disc. You do know where that is don't you? odd as it may seem, you would be surprised to find out how many casual computer users don't know the location of the discs that came with their computer.

Edited to remove inappropriate quoted content from first post - Andrew

well, it was something about 'hijack'..

well, i dont even know what the 'hijack' is ..
do you know somethin about 'hijack' ??

and the cleaner i used was 'adware'.

for example , the youtube works ..

but 'myspace' doesnt work...

its really strange ....

+Quote Post
kethcup
Oct 4 2007, 11:38 AM
Hey Peterorg -

Have you tried cleaning your Internet Cache and your Temp Files? It could be as simple as that. I have a feeling it is. You could also try a simple registry cleaner as well. A Registry Cleaner can get rid of dead and corrupt keys - which can 'jack' up your system. JV16 Powertools is a great program that is free for 30 days.

If you think it's a virus, here is a free online virus scanner that will tell you what it is. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

You could also try something like Windows Defender for removing adware and spyware. It's a decent spyware remover/watcher.

Anyway, hope this helps.

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
Ayen
Oct 4 2007, 11:53 AM
I've found AVG to be extremely helpful in this case. It's also free.

If we can't help you here, head over to DaniWeb.com , and ask a question in the Viruses, Spyware, and Other Nasties section. The guys there are great and have helped me many times. Just watch the language.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ace_frehely
Oct 4 2007, 12:11 PM
Do you have a virus protection huh.gif

--------------------
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/guitar4ace.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe><iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/major%20nelson.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">guitar4ace.</iframe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:37 AM