Picking Question, Need help with right hand technique...
Anastasio123
Apr 5 2007, 12:58 AM
GMC:er
So I've been practicing seriously for a few months now on my alternate picking and have fortunately seen great progress. However, sometimes when I'm practicing a lick or exercise with my metronome, I sometimes find myself having trouble with keeping a small picking motion whilst skipping to other strings in the lick, phrase, etc. Because of this, I keep hitting unwanted strings. Is this sometime that will fix itself with more practice or do I need to make a change in the way I use my right hand?
Another problem I am having is with the angling of my pick. I know it helps to angle the pick so I can pick more smoothly, but I always have trouble getting more accent and volume in my notes. Am I angling my pick too much? Or is that how it sounds without an amp? Also take into consideration that I dont use an amp usually when I practice.
Any help I would greatly appreciate, If you have only a tip or two to give, that would be just fine. I'm just looking for a way to get through this wall in my playing. Thanx smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:34 AM