A-minor Sweep Picking Arpeggio Combination, (upper intermediate/advanced level - with video and TAB)
Jonas Tamas
Feb 24 2013, 03:45 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

As sweep picking seemed to be one of the most popular techniques to practice in our previous poll in February (the poll thread is here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...howtopic=47816), I thought I post a new arpeggio exercise.

You can watch it here, and this video contains the TABs and the slow version too.

As you can see, I use 2-string version sweeps at the beginning. This is a cool way to create interesting sounds on only 2 adjacent strings. The sweep movement is the same here as well, regardless of the number of strings used.

This lick is an example for creating an arpeggio combination within a relatively narrow segment of the guitar neck. That way, the lick won't sound like a "neoclassical arpeggio festival", and therefore it is suited for wider range of applications, and in normal "non-guitar hero" settings. Basically, it can be built in into any rock solo.

As always, any questions or ideas/suggestions are welcomed!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jonas Tamas: Feb 25 2013, 01:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nava
Feb 24 2013, 06:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
You seems to be a excellent guitarist biggrin.gif

Are you a upcoming instructor here? Cause I dont see the GMC instructor symbol under ur picture..

And you give lessons here in forum..I'm a bit confused wink.gif

I have looked around and just dont get it.. so sorry if I misunderstood it.

Anyway, u are very good, just wanted to know, u know rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 24 2013, 08:55 PM
QUOTE (Nava @ Feb 24 2013, 06:59 PM) *
You seems to be a excellent guitarist biggrin.gif

Are you a upcoming instructor here? Cause I dont see the GMC instructor symbol under ur picture..

And you give lessons here in forum..I'm a bit confused wink.gif

I have looked around and just dont get it.. so sorry if I misunderstood it.

Anyway, u are very good, just wanted to know, u know rolleyes.gif

Thanks so much, I appreciate it a lot!

Well, there are some exciting plans, but in the moment these plans are top secret, just like the ingredients of Coca-cola wink.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Feb 24 2013, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 24 2013, 08:55 PM) *
Thanks so much, I appreciate it a lot!

Well, there are some exciting plans, but in the moment these plans are top secret, just like the ingredients of Coca-cola wink.gif

As far as I know the secret ingredients have been revealed smile.gif

Anyways! Great lesson, but I'll stick to rhythm for now, definitely shouldn't start to work on all this awesome non-sense before I got a solid control of rhythmic playing / riffs laugh.gif & also what a great looking guitar you got there biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 25 2013, 01:30 PM
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Feb 24 2013, 09:31 PM) *
As far as I know the secret ingredients have been revealed smile.gif

Anyways! Great lesson, but I'll stick to rhythm for now, definitely shouldn't start to work on all this awesome non-sense before I got a solid control of rhythmic playing / riffs laugh.gif & also what a great looking guitar you got there biggrin.gif

I didn't know that smile.gif I'll look it up then and create my own Shred-Cola! biggrin.gif

OK, solid and tight rhythms go first! Btw, you can practice more than one technique at the same time, if you can divide your practice time - that way this varied practicing can be even more fun. And of course, at each technique you can focus on the solid playing, so all the different practices sum up and create an overal solid technique.

Yes, I love this guitar, he is so comfortable, and sometimes I'm suspecting he can read my thoughts smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Feb 25 2013, 06:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yes, Ok, got it wink.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:55 PM