Warrior Bushido Task 46, Zoom's choice!
zoom
Dec 14 2012, 02:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Task 46: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...r-bridge-style/

I zoom the Donut King, with great honour have come to challenge the mighty Bushido Warriors. This week a ripping lesson in the style
of one of my favorite bands.

This has some tricky arpeggio's and some awesome riffing, power chords and finish with a little AP run. Looking forward to some
epic takes.

Deadline is next Friday 21st of December - or I'll get Santa to bring you a suit like this! ohmy.gif I know! smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Ben Higgins
Dec 14 2012, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Dammit, I actually kind of want the suit.. I might deliberately hang back and miss the deadline... ph34r.gif

P.S. Is that what Alter Bridge can sound like ? That's the kind of riff I expect from Sympohny X ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 14 2012, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 14 2012, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Ha Ben should have known there's always one pupil who wants to wear the pink suit! tongue.gif

I have to point out to you Ben, you missed putting Mark Termonti in your Shred lesson.

This one is similar to the lesson. You haven't listened to any Alter Bridge? Maybe you should have to wear the pink suit because of that hm! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 14 2012, 03:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 14 2012, 02:08 PM) *
Ha Ben should have known there's always one pupil who wants to wear the pink suit! tongue.gif

I have to point out to you Ben, you missed putting Mark Termonti in your Shred lesson.

This one is similar to the lesson. You haven't listened to any Alter Bridge? Maybe you should have to wear the pink suit because of that hm! laugh.gif

That rocked !! Storming riff ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 15 2012, 01:51 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Cool sounding lesson! I won't have time to get to the task this week... but I will give it a go soon.

Tell Santa to send me an XL biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 11:50 AM
Instructor
I'm hoping to get a take down by the end of today Z-Man !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 21 2012, 12:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool Ben! Love to hear it. I really like this piece and after abusing it about a year ago myself, it will be nice to hear you play it.

It would seem the Temple is quite this week. Understandable as the villages get ready for festivities. I believe Greg's gone to get his raincoat fixed and Degroot's got some food prep to do. Oh well!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 12:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 21 2012, 11:09 AM) *
and Degroot's got some food prep to do. Oh well!

Yep. Those 'pigs in blankets' don't make themselves biggrin.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Ok.. this contained perhaps 2 of the most annoying riffs ever !! Great riffs but incredibly annoying to try and remember ! laugh.gif

Very hard lesson actually.... I did rush it a bit. Time spent on it probably totalled no more then 30-40 minutes which is naughty I know. But I wanted there to be at least 1 take smile.gif

Attached File  Alter_Bridge_Bushido_Task.mp3 ( 1.57MB ) Number of downloads: 132

Those picked arpeggios at the beginning just kill ya !!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 21 2012, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 21 2012, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool Ben - I can't believe how quick you can just learn that. I like your feel on the 2nd riffing section. Thanks for your take mate!

This post has been edited by zoom: Dec 21 2012, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 06:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 21 2012, 04:49 PM) *
Cool Ben - I can't believe how quick you can just learn that. I like your feel on the 2nd riffing section. Thanks for your take mate!

It was a great challenge.. well selected !! biggrin.gif

DG and Greg really got lucky this time !! wink.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Dec 21 2012, 07:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hahaha, great take Ben!

Sorry Zoom, I'm still lurking around here and I'll get a take up when I get my issues sorted out. Should be back soon, I'm going to have to load the GR software onto my work computer which just requires me to find the original disc, no big deal, but it took me a while to get the patches I used refined how I like them. Don't know if those will be recoverable which sucks. But I have to get back soon, this is killing me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 21 2012, 07:48 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Love that tone on your take Ben. smile.gif SOunds like some challenging riffage that fits in well with the recent Warrior tasks.

I will do a take on this one as soon as possible... but I have to run now, I think I smell my gingerbread cookies burning!! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Dec 21 2012, 06:37 PM) *
Hahaha, great take Ben!

Sorry Zoom, I'm still lurking around here and I'll get a take up when I get my issues sorted out. Should be back soon, I'm going to have to load the GR software onto my work computer which just requires me to find the original disc, no big deal, but it took me a while to get the patches I used refined how I like them. Don't know if those will be recoverable which sucks. But I have to get back soon, this is killing me.

It sucks, I'm real sorry to hear of your pc issues.. I can't handle having my computer down ! But your place in The Temple has been preserved and swept daily. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 21 2012, 06:48 PM) *
Love that tone on your take Ben. smile.gif SOunds like some challenging riffage that fits in well with the recent Warrior tasks.

I will do a take on this one as soon as possible... but I have to run now, I think I smell my gingerbread cookies burning!! ohmy.gif

Thanks ! Yes, it was unbelievably challenging. Joe Katoldo is a damn good player, that's for sure !

Yep, don't burn the kitchen down !! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:31 PM