Interesting Look At Les Paul's No. 1
Phil66
Sep 11 2021, 07:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
This is interesting. How much do you think it will sell for at auction?

https://www.guitarplayer.com/news/see-the-c...ber-one-goldtop

https://www.guitarplayer.com/news/historic-...l-to-go-on-sale

https://youtu.be/c5ioKxBla98

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 11 2021, 07:52 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2021, 07:34 PM
GMC:er
Likely billions smile.gif I"ve seen some crazy auctions lately.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2021, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 11 2021, 07:34 PM) *
Likely billions smile.gif I"ve seen some crazy auctions lately.

Did you watch the video buddy? It's pretty interesting cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2021, 05:28 AM
I didn't watch it til just now wow!!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 11 2021, 03:27 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 12 2021, 07:49 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2021, 05:28 AM) *
I didn't watch it til just now wow!!!

Bit of an innovator wasn't he? In more ways than one. Similar to EVH in many ways cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 22 2021, 05:11 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Saw this a little while back but forgot to update this thread until now. LP#1 sold for $930k.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/les-paul-n...ells-at-auction

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 22 2021, 09:07 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 22 2021, 05:11 AM) *
Saw this a little while back but forgot to update this thread until now. LP#1 sold for $930k.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/les-paul-n...ells-at-auction

Thanks for letting us know. Given its significance I was expecting it to go for more considering the Gilmour Strat auction.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 22 2021, 03:51 PM
I'll be contrarian and say that I'm surprised it actually went for that much.

As revolutionary as innovative as Les Paul (the man) was, that guitar is a "curiosity" at best. It's completely f'n mangled and for all intents and purposes, other than the fact that it was Les Paul's guitar - it's barely an LP. Collectors want and demand originality. Gilmour's black Strat went for the dough it did because it's the guitar that was used to make all those amazing Pink Floyd records. Can you name me 3 songs (off the top of your head) that Les Paul used that orig LP on? Anybody under 45 ys old barely even knows who Les Paul was or what he did.

That guitar is super cool from a music technology POV but it ain't like finding an untouched Egyptian mummy.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 22 2021, 06:26 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 22 2021, 03:51 PM) *
I'll be contrarian and say that I'm surprised it actually went for that much.

As revolutionary as innovative as Les Paul (the man) was, that guitar is a "curiosity" at best. It's completely f'n mangled and for all intents and purposes, other than the fact that it was Les Paul's guitar - it's barely an LP. Collectors want and demand originality. Gilmour's black Strat went for the dough it did because it's the guitar that was used to make all those amazing Pink Floyd records. Can you name me 3 songs (off the top of your head) that Les Paul used that orig LP on? Anybody under 45 ys old barely even knows who Les Paul was or what he did.

That guitar is super cool from a music technology POV but it ain't like finding an untouched Egyptian mummy.

That's a good point, well made Ken, I hadn't thought of it like that. I wouldn't mind it in my collection though cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2021, 11:58 PM
I did and it was very cool. Stuffing the coils in other parts of the axe, using high and low impedance so he could go direct to the board, that guitar is tweaked big time. It's got features that never made it in to the series but I'm glad some features did smile.gif I think that thing is gonna sell for huge money.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 11 2021, 03:27 PM) *

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 23 2021, 01:51 AM
It sold for $930,000.00

In comparison, Kurt Cobain's Martin went for 6.1 million.
Gilmour's Black Strat, around 3 million.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 23 2021, 01:52 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 27 2021, 01:45 AM
Wow. Seems like a bargain by comparison.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 22 2021, 08:51 PM) *
It sold for $930,000.00

In comparison, Kurt Cobain's Martin went for 6.1 million.
Gilmour's Black Strat, around 3 million.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:29 PM